The Diary and 'Have I told you that I love you?'

Love in Different Languages

Another day had just passed… and Ella woke up from the deep slumber and sat down on her bed. She, out of nowhere reminisced the moments she was with Chun and got her untouched diary from the lower cabinet of her dresser. It was just 2 years and 11 months, since she last wrote on her diary and she decided to look in it just yet again.

In her diary were memories of her past. Her friends from her past university and other more information about them. Most of her friends were boys… Why? Because she was boyish back then, though she also had girl friends who would turn out as flirty, so she really didn’t want to go with them, but would rather go along with the the guys… Jiro Wang, Calvin Chen, Arron Yan & Danson Tang. Back then, others thought she was flirty having so many boy friends, but then her schoolmates, realized that she was boyish halfway the year.

Ella accidentally turned to a page which her aspiration and goals were written. In that page, she saw: ‘3. I would want someone who I love to kiss me in the pouring rain.’ and just laughed at the thought. She got a ball pen from her case and slashed it out.

These are the contents of the particular page from her diary (not in any particular order):

1. to be able to experience how to be loved and how to love. (Which she just slashed out, and then she added ‘It’s Chun)

2. To be someone who other people would look up to.

3. I would want someone who I love to kiss me in the pouring rain. (Which is slashed out already, and then she added ‘Chun did’)

4. To be able to fulfill my own needs and wants that I necessarily need in life. (Which she also just slashed out)

5. To have many friends who would be there to listen to my problems. (Which she also just slashed out)

6. And 6, I really want to meet the person I would live with forever, my other half. (Which she also just slashed out, then she added ‘It’s really Chun, I guess)

And there was also a note: “I chose 6 aspiration and goals, because my favorite number is 6.”

(AN*: Well, she was younger back then, so I really made the writing lame and kind of non sensible, hehe)

Then, Chun suddenly barged in the door and Ella quickly hid the diary under her queen-sized bed.

“What the—“ Ella said nervously, afraid that Chun might have seen the diary she was just laughing at.

“What!? Aren’t you that used to it yet?” Chun asked and stepped in her room with a tray of food in his hands.

“I just got quite shocked, because you just barged in… I told you to knock, right?” Ella said, staring at the floor, while Chun sat beside her and served her breakfast in bed.

“Breakfast in bed?” Ella asked Chun, turning to face him and Chun just nodded, also facing her.

Ella forked a hotdog and stuffed it in Chun’s mouth.

“Thank you!?” Chun said, chewing his food, not knowing what to say, but to thank her with a quite confused face, and then Ella stuffed yet again food into his mouth, this time bacon.

“Hey, aren’t you going to eat?” Chun asked her, his mouth full of food. “This is for you, you know?” Chun added in question.

“Feed me!” Ella said, opening wide as Chun stuffed food in .

“This is getting awkward, hun.” Chun said, while Ella choked at the word he just said… ‘hun’

“Didn’t I tell you not to call me—“ Ella said and was cut off when Chun stuffed food into again.

“Hm. Hm and hm.” Chun said with quite a pout forming on his face.

“Have I told you I love you?” Ella asked, turning quite serious.

“Why do we always end up with you putting up a random question?” Chun asked back.

“Don’t turn a question into a question, Chun. It isn’t even difficult to answer my question.” Ella said, rolling her eyes.

“Uhm, no.” Chun said, thinking very hard.

“Really!?” Ella said, shocked. “Well, then… I love you!?” Ella said, in a quite questioning tone of voice.

“Why are you asking me?” Chun asked.

“I’m not! I just said I love you!” Ella said, clearer this time.

“Then, I love you too.” Chun responded back.

“Now, it’s getting cheesy. I really don’t like this atmosphere.” Ella said, putting the tray of food on top of her study table, while Chun just looked at her intently, while Ella returned the look.

(AN*: Why do I have this feeling that this story is turning to a kid’s imagination? Do you!? Haha.)

Suddenly, Chun was on top of Ella and Ella was pinned to the bed. They were both looking intently at each others eyes…

“No, not now.” They both said in chorus, and then sat on the bed, looking the opposite direction of each other, looking embarrassed.

(AN*: Don’t expect rated scenes, people… I don’t know how to make one. Haha. I’m just like 13… hell!)

Ella stood up and fixed herself at her mirror, completely avoiding Chun’s eyes and went downstairs, leaving Chun alone in her room. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Ella’s diary just popped out and Chun saw it lying at the floor, and then of course read its contents and every page he would see something interesting at.

“I didn’t know MY Ella kept a diary.” Chun thought. “Maybe it’s okay if I look at it.”