Birthday Preparations I

Love in Different Languages

Ella read the screen of the cellphone and read that it was Rainie, so she answered it.

"Ella!" Rainie shouted out. "I've heard the news, I've heard the news!"

"Yeah, yeah. Not so loud!" Ella replied.

"I thought he was gay! I'm so sorry." Rainie said in a sorry tone of voice.

"Sure." Was all Ella could say.

"Anway, how did he--you know, court you?" Rainie asked, while Genie listened to their conversation when Ella put it on loudspeaker mode.

"He asked me out!" Ella replied.

"OMG. Really!?" Rainie replied out loud like she can't believe what she just heard. "I never thought he would do that..." Rainie continued with much enthusiasm, energy and entertainment joined in one.

"Well, it was kind of lame at first. Because, well... at first I thought he was gay, right? And he asked me to wear a dress!" Ella responded, laughing all the past events off her mind.

"Wow, a dress!" Rainie said.

"Wait, it's irritating, you know?" Ella said, her tone of voice changing to a irritated voice.

"Why?" Rainie said, pouting on the other hand.

"Because, he called me then, he told me that he'll be at the studio for a couple of minutes and told me to dress up. Then, when I felt uncomfortable with the dress, he asked me why I didn't wear a more comfortable one. Then, I asked him back saying 'I thought you told me to wear a dress!?' Then, he said... not dress as in dress, then I was so frustrated and asked him... why did you tell me just now, I should have worn something more comfortable if you told me earlier. Then, I was like so stupid for doing so." Ella finished off and laughed.

"Oh, wait! I'm outside the studio, fetch me!" Rainie said, cutting the conversation out.

"You shouldn't have called me then." Ella said.

"But I was too excited." Rainie replied and hung up.

"Genie, please fetch Rainie for me." Ella said, turning to Genie who just nodded.

!@#$%^&*

"Hey Chun! How's your love life?" Joe asked Chun, as soon as he entered Chun's office.

"That reminds me how are you and Ariel?" Chun asked Joe, while Joe's eyes widened.

"OH MY GOD! I actually forgot to meet her the other day, talk to you again later!" Joe replied quickly and ran off to find Ariel.

"Ha. Forgot. That's unlikely of you." Chun laughed and turned to Ella's diary and opened it...

MY BIRTHDAY - JUNE 18

Then Chun looked at his calendar and saw the same reminder. How could he forget Ella's birthday? Her girlfriend... If he didn't see Ella's diary, would he ever remember?

"I've got to make this work out." Chun muttered to himself and turned a page again, where contact numbers of Ella's friends could be found. He was thinking of a plan and saw Jiro Wang's name first, so he dialled it up.