Birthday Preparations II

Love in Different Languages

"Hello!? Who is this?" Jiro asked, as soon as he answered the phone.

"Uhm, is this Jiro Wang?" Chun asked.

"Uhm, yes!? Who really is this?" Jiro asked, his tone of voice getting quite irritated.

"This is Wu Chun." Chun replied.

"Chun who? I don't remember knowing anyone named Chun..." Jiro responded, ready to hang up the phone.

"Wait! I'm Ella's boyfriend." Chun said quickly, before Jiro could even hang up.

"Ella... Chen?" Jiro asked.

"Exactly!" Chun responded.

"So, what do I have to do with you?" Jiro asked, getting very impatient.

"Uhm, it's her birthday this coming June 18. Would you mind if I'd ask you to go?" Chun asked Jiro who just brightened a bit, because of the fact that he'll be seeing her only girl *space* friend again.

"Well, not really... have you called the others?" Jiro asked Chun.

"What others?" Chun asked.

"Our group members when we were in college!?" Jiro asked back.

"Could you ask them to go too?" Chun asked, thinking that he was asking too much.

"Oh great, but fine... I still have connection with them anyway." Jiro replied.

"That would be great!" Chun exclaimed.

"When and where is the venue?" Jiro asked again.

"Oh, that... I almost forgot. Where do you live at exactly?" Chun asked.

"Hey... this is getting ridiculous... are you trying to rob me or what!?" Jiro asked back again.

"No, no! NO WAY!" Chun replied. "If you don't want to believe me, then I'll prove to you that I know Ella and that I'm his boyfriend!" Chun continued.

"Go on!" Jiro responded impatiently, waiting for what Chun would say next.

"...She took photography in college, she's turning 27... And she's friends with you, Jiro Wang, Calvin Chen, Arron Yan & Danson Tang." Chun finished off, looking at Ella's diary.

"What else?" Jiro asked, still not convinced.

"Let's just make this a deal... Wherever you live, please go to the Republic of China, which is Taiwan along with your group members here in 'Abstract Bleeding' company! I'll pay you up once you get here; pay the necessary bills for transportation and etc first." Chun said, taking a deep breath.

"Fine! I'll bring a police with me, if ever you're a fake!" Jiro said and finally hung up.

"What the--" Chun said, staring at his cellphone which he just used and had a conversation with one of Ella's friends. "That Jiro Wang's so tough."

~.~.~.~.~

"Hey, Ariel!" Joe said, gasping for air, stopping Ariel right from her tracks.

"Joe..." Ariel replied in a faint voice. "Oh my, he's gonna tell it." Ariel thought.

"So, yeah... about the thing I wanted to tell you... Well, I'm kind of sorry for not appearing the other day. I'm so, so, so sorry that I forgot." Joe said, still catching his breath.

"Yeah, I thought you wouldn't bother me again." Ariel said, turning to Joe with a smile on her face. "So, what's that thing you were about to tell me?" Ariel asked innocently, as if she didn't know.

"Well, you know, ever since you came in our company I don't know what I suddenly saw and felt, but I--" Joe was cut off.

"You fell in love with me?" Ariel asked, completely stunning Joe from where he was.

"Yes!?" Joe replied in shock.

"Then, I say yes!" Ariel replied, completely feeling happy, while Joe jumped up in happiness.

"Then, you better finish your work first and I'll be seeing you later!" Joe said, with his hand on his forehead, while Ariel just laughed and went off.

(AN*: Sorry, the hand in the forehead was like...uhm, what do you call that when you say yes to a soldier!? Is that it. It's like when you're saying 'Yes, sir!?'. Sorry, I don't know how to call it.)

"Finally." Joe thought, walking off. "I said it!" with a smile on his face.

~.~.~.~.~

"So, Ella... I was really so excited to hear from you!" Rainie exclaimed, once she entered Ella's office.

"Yeah, I see!" Ella responded, turning to face Rainie, while Genie just listened again to their conversation.

"Ella, it's your birthday!?" Rainie said out of nowhere, shaking Ella.

"Correction, One week from now... And how did you know?" Ella asked
Rainie.

"Well, look." Rainie replied, pointing at Ella's calendar.

"Good thing you made me remember, I wouldn't have forgotten it." Ella replied. "And stop shaking me, Rainie." Ella said, irritated, while Rainie stopped shaking her.

"Let's go shopping!" Rainie yelled.

"What will we buy!?" Ella asked, rolling her eyes.

"Duh! Things you need for your birthday!" Rainie said, rolling her eyes.

"Like I really need to!?" Ella said, frustrated.

"Of course you do!" Genie agreed.

"Oh Genie... don't tell me you agree with her too!?" Ella asked in frustration, slapping her forehead. "Fine, I give up!" Ella continued, raising her hands.
"Let's close the studio for a while then!"

"Uhm, why?" Genie asked.

"You'll go with us. Right, Rainie?" Ella asked Rainie who nodded.

"Can Hebe and Selina come too?" Genie asked.

"Sure, the more the merrier. Right, Ella?" Rainie asked Ella who nodded.
"Besides, I think we will all click." Rainie continued and giggled.

~.~.~.~.~

Chun on the other hand went out to buy necessary needs for the birthday preparations, then his phone rang just as he was outside the bakery 'Pink
Cake Box' which sells amazingly designed like-fantasy cakes and pastries.

"Hello? Who's this?" Chun asked, because the number wasn't registered.

"It's Jiro Wang?" Jiro replied with a questioning tone.

"Oh, I see. Why'd you call?" Chun asked again.

"Uhm, I'd just like to ask when we'll go there!?" Jiro asked.

"Whenever you want to, just make sure it's a day before the birthday or what not." Chun replied.

"Okay, bye." Jiro said, and then hung up.

"Why the sudden change of attitude!? Lately he was so in denial of who I really might be." Chun thought to himself, then glanced back at the bakery right in front of him.

Right in front of the bakery was a featured cake for the week. It was a three-layered cake with Oreo's and cream filling, specially decorated for a birthday party. Right beside it was a tag that says it was named "Topsy Turvy Happy Birthday Cake". The cake was covered in fondant, and decorated with a sugar paste bow and stars. Chun thought it was the perfect cake, and then went inside the bakery to order.

(AN*: Here's a link to the birthday cake, if ever you can't picture it in your mind: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i128/moirachesca/cake173a.jpg and I'm giving off credits to www.pinkcakebox.com for such a wonderful cake.)

"Welcome! What can we order you?" A lady, probably in her 30's from the back of the counter welcomed Chun.

"Uhm, that cake. Uh, the cake for the week?" Chun asked.

"Oh, that. It costs about $1500.00, sir." The lady replied.

"Can I uhm order for it for an upcoming birthday this June 18?" Chun asked.

"Sure thing. The birthday celebrant must be really special, if you don't mind me asking?" The lady asked.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend. This is her first birthday with me." Chun replied.

"Oh. Please kindly fill up this form." The lady said, handing Chun a form, while Chun accepted it and filled it up with necessary information, then gave it back to the lady.

The lady glanced at the paper and saw the name Wu Chun...

"I see. You're Mr. Wu Chun, and then your girlfriend must be Ms. Ella Chen?" The lady replied in surprise.

"It's Ella, indeed." Chun replied, also surprised.

"We're so happy to be serving you, sir. I hope you could visit our bakery once again." The lady said, and then Chun went off.