Calling Card

Love in Different Languages

They were flabbergasted when they heard Rainie Yang's name. Hebe, Selina and Yuan Qiu Ye, that is. They couldn't believe that they, their 'Lights and Legacies' Productions would collaborate with the famous Rainie Yang just to do a commercial photo shoot.

"What are you three dumbstruck for?" Ella asked them.

"We're going to collaborate with Rainie Yang for just a commercial photo shoot, the famous Rainie Yang!?" Hebe asked, almost drooling, alongside Selina. Yuan Qiu Ye was the most serious about the matter. He's serious about his job, so after realizing that they were going to collaborate with Rainie Yang, he didn't mind at all.

"So, when's it going to be?" Yuan Qiu Ye asked Ella, their manager.

"Uh, today!" Ella asked and both Selina and Hebe's face turned shocked, while Yuan Qiu Ye turned to them to face their shocked reactions.

"Today?!" Hebe said, shocked.

"As in today!?" Selina continued, still shocked.

"What's so shocking about the news, anyway?" Ella asked them, rolling her eyes.

"Well, it's going to be my first time to be meeting a famous artist that I've idolized." Selina said, embarrassed that for the past 23 years of her life, she had never met an artist.

"Well, whatever. Let's get to work." Ella said, signaling for them to prepare for the photo shoot.

--

In no time that they didn't even notice, they were in their van about to go out to the destination the photo shoot will be held in. They were accompanied by the guards on standby to come out from the van. As they were about to go out, Hebe and Selina were again dumbstruck to see such a beautiful place just for a photo shoot, while Yuan Qiu Ye just waited for Ella's commands as soon as he got out from the car. Yes, he rolled his eyes all over the place, but he wasn't too dumbstruck like Hebe and Selina were. As soon as all of them got out from their van, Genie motioned for the guards to get their tools for the photo shoot at the back of the van just in time to be able to prepare as soon as possible. While Ella, on the other hand approached Rainie who was ready for the set.

"Hey, sorry, we were a bit late. The schedule's kind of hectic. You know, I just hired some new workers." Ella told her, giggling.

"Well, its okay, Ella, but hey, I haven't seen you in a quite a while! Good thing I was able to convince my manager to choose you again for my commercial photo shoot." Rainie replied, smiling to her friend, Ella.

"Yeah, good thing." Was all Ella could say.

"So, how's life and love life?" Rainie asked her, stressing the word LOVE for Ella to hear clearly.

"What?!" Ella asked her sarcastically, putting her hands over her ear, acting as if she didn't hear it.

"Oh, don't play fool with me, Ella. I just asked about your love life." Rainie replied, patting Ella's back.

"Well, I'm not quite interested in whatever you're talking about." Ella said.

"Hmm, you must be..." Were the last words Rainie said, pouting a bit as they were asked to go to the set. The shoot was quite enthusiastic. Well, if you'll ask Hebe and Selina... They were really so amazed of how Rainie posed for every set and how funny she was during cuts. Halfway the set, they rested for a while and Rainie approached Ella.

"Whoa, Ella. You couldn't believe me." Rainie said, out of nowhere, wiping her sweat away carefully for the make-up not to be brushed off.

"What, why?!" Ella asked, sitting beside her, waiting for what she was about to say.

"Well, because, even if I've been performing for about a year now, I still get stage frights and get all nervous once in a while." Rainie said, looking up the roof, wondering and looking like she was looking for an answer for what she just said.

"Well, you were able to make it though." Ella said, putting her hands up in the air.

"Yeah, I guess." Rainie said, looking back at Ella.

"You asked me lately... about my love life, right?" Ella asked her, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, why?" Rainie replied in question.

"Because---" Ella was cut off. Hebe, Selina and Yuan Qiu Ye came over towards their direction.

"Hey, manager Ella! You still haven't introduced us to Ms. Rainie Yang." Hebe and Selina said, behind them was Yuan Qiu Ye.

"Ugh." Ella said, putting her hands on her face and looking back at Rainie who she found was smiling to Hebe and Selina.

"Yeah, well... Rainie, this is Hebe, Selina and... (There was a long pause) Yuan Qiu Ye?! Am I right?" Ella said, facing the quite disappointed Yuan Qiu Ye. "Is my name that hard to pronounce, hard to memorize or what!?" Yuan Qiu Ye thought, while Hebe and Selina introduced themselves on their own to Rainie.

"Ella, your friends are not that bad." Rainie said, after a couple of seconds, turning to Ella who was now being stared at by Hebe and Selina with batting eyelashes.

"Whatever! They're not my friends." Ella said, looking back to their quite pouting faces. "I think I need to get some fresh air." Ella continued and walked away.

--

"Hm, sometimes it's just too good to be true." Ella muttered silently to herself, just outside the studio, not noticing the rushing male who was coming in her direction, then out from nowhere, *BUMP*, she didn't even notice her calling card falling from her pocket.

"Um, sorry miss." the man told her, but then she walked away, rolling her eyes and quickly got inside of the studio, unaware that her calling card just fell. The unknown man got her calling card and said, "Wait, miss." while glancing at the card. He noticed that it was the 'Lights and Legacies' Productions and just in time of his need, he kept it in his pocket.

--

Edited on: 09132008 at 7:57 AM.