Ch. 8- First Night

The Raven and the Dove

Sungyeol's POV:

Ugh. Tonight is the first night he is sleeping over. I don't know why I even agreed anymore....oh wait I do, I agreed for my parents since it was like their last wish. I just feel so tired from everything today, but at least I was amused when his fly was open. What an idiot. He is so much like a kid, and I can't handle kids very well. How am I supposed to handle a 17 year old kid who is defiant and gives me the cold shoulder all the time. I don't even like dealing with adults so it is going to be even more difficult to deal with him. Whatever. Maybe if I just leave him alone for the next six months then everything will just go fine. Yep, everything will sail smoothly. 

My cellphone rung, I checked the the caller id, and it was Hoya-hyung. I answered because I didn't want to anger him.

" What do you want?"

" You shouldn't speak to your hyung like that when he calls!"

" Noona? Why are you calling me through hyung's phone?"

" I just wanted to tell you to be kind to Myungsoo since he is living with you now. Don't be cold to him and try to at least be nice..............or else. You got it...Lee. Sungyeol?" I could tell that she was smiling evily through the phone and I didn't know what the or else was going to be, so I had to agree with her.

" Y-Yes, I w-will be k-kind to him."

" Good! Well have fun!" Then she hung up. She is my sister but sometimes I feel like she is the devil. I heard the doorbell ring and I totally forgot to give Myungsoo the passcode to get in. Luckily I left before him when school ended. I got out of my office and went to the door. I looked at the screen to see that it was him and let him in.

" Sorry I forgot to give you the passcode. The passcode is 0827."

" What did you say again? I didn't hear you." See here! I'm living with an idiot!

" I said that the passcode is 0827! Now don't make me repeat it again. Dinner will be ready soon so go do your homework."

" Yes mom." I was about to yell at him but he already headed upstairs to his room. The thought of going up to his room left me and I went into the kitchen. Struggling to choose what to make took me a while but then I settled for making steak and a salad. Even though I have someone make food for me, I chose to make food today since I have to nice to him, just like what noona said. While the meat was cooking for a bit, I took out the stuff for the salad. After a while the meat was finally done and the salad was finished, I had to go and set up the plates and utensils on the table. Even though the dining room was big I got a small table since I am, or was, the only one living here. It felt weird to have two plates out though. It felt very weird but I hope that I will get used to it sooner or later.

" Hey! Food is done! Come down!" I heard him coming down and sat down. I brought out the plates with the food on it. I gave his first then I put down mine.

" Wow! This looks really good! I didn't know you can cook!"

" Just because I'm a businessman doesn't mean I can't cook. Now eat before it gets cold." He jumped into his food, and the way he eats is pretty messy but I would have to deal with that sooner or later. He looked happy eating my food though so I guess that is a plus for me. In a few minutes he finished his food and I haven't even finished mine.

" Thanks for the food Sungyeol! I'm going to finish my homework! Your food was really delicious, you have to cook some more!"

" Y-You're welcome." He went upstairs and I let my utensils fall onto the plate. I placed my hands on my face and I felt my face was really warm: I was blushing.

What is with that kid? Did his personality turn a 180? He even complimented on my cooking! I don't get this kid at times. Aish. Whatever, I will just ignore him for now.

I finally finished my food and did the dishes. It felt weird doing all these stuff since I never do these since I have been living by myself. This place always felt empty to me, like it was missing something. This place always cold and isolated but now for some odd reason this place felt a little warmer. Just a little.

---------------------------------------

Myungsoo's POV:

His food wasn't half bad, even though it is something that I don't eat as much, I wouldn't mind eating it everyday. Though I am such a fool for complimenting on his cooking. Well I'm going to make him cook everyday whether he likes it or not! Now it's time to finish homework..........................................yeah, um, nevermind, I'm just going to take a shower and go to sleep!

I threw my books back into my bag and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I wrapped a towel around my waist when I got done and headed into the bedroom to get clothes to put on. I dried my hair lastly and dived under the sheets. The sheets felt so soft, comfortable, and warm that I felt asleep right away.

--------------------------------------

That is weird. Why does if feel so warm? Is the heat on? Maybe the blankets are too heavy. How come I can't move my body? There is like something that is holding me or something is on me.

I was struggling in my sleep trying to get up but to no avail I couldn't get up. Not knowing what I was going to see, I opened my eyes to see a figure next to me. My eyes grew even wider and I wanted to scream but I stopped myself. Instead I looked at the person carefully and noticed it was Sungyeol. HIs hair was a bit wet from taking a shower and was all over the place. I brushed the hair out of the way and unconciously my fingers were at his scar. Slowly, I traced his scar with my fingerstips, and it amazed me. It amazed me how the scar makes him look so different. These past few days I totally forgot that he the scar on his face, but it kind of pained me to see him. He looks cold and distances him away from everyone else, but to me he did open up a little bit. He cooked for me which a lot of people wouldn't do for somebody that they just met.

Just then I felt him moved and I quickly shut my eyes. After a few minutes I could tell that he was not moving anymore. So I decided that I would let him go this time, but next time he comes into my room during the night, he is going to get a punch from me.

He should be lucky that his cooking is good or else I would have immediately push him off the bed. This is my first night here too. What a great way to make the first night comfortable. Whatever, I'm tired, so I'm just going to sleep.

-------------------------------------------

Sungyeol's POV:

Why does it feel so weird? It feels warm too. It does feel comfortable though, but it feels off for another reason.

I open up my eyes to see somebody beside me. Then I look around to see I'm not in my room because my room is white and not black. I look back at the person sleeping next to me and I noticed it was Myungsoo. My arms were around him and I slowly let go making sure I don't wake him up. As I got off the bed I slipped and fell onto the ground. Scared that I woke him up, I bolted out of there and into my room.

" Crap Lee Sungyeol! What the heck did you just do!? I can't believe that I was so tired that I mistook his room for my room!" I flopped onto my bed and put my arm on my face. Praying that he didn't know that I fell asleep in his room, on his bed, I went into the bathroom. I washed my face and went downstairs to see him already eating breakfast.

" Oh hey Sungyeol. You don't look so good. Are you sick?" He was coming towards me and his hand touched my forehead. Even though the touch was heart warming, I slapped his hand away.

" Nothing is wrong. Eat your breakfast and leave for school." I went back upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed for a while until I heard the sound of the door shutting. Taking my chance, I went into the bathroom and fixed my hair so it was covering my eyes. Then I put the cover up on my scar, but I stopped. I looked at my scar; it was ugly and will always make me remember those horrible memories.

I can't stand seeing this, so I don't know how others can look at me. Why can't this go away forever? WHY CAN'T IT DISAPPEAR!?

I didn't notice, but I can feel myself trembling. I was trembling to the point where the make up fell out of my hands. Throwing away all these feelings, I bent down to grab it and put it back on me. When I finished I headed out the door and into the car where my driver was waiting for me.

" Is there something wrong?"

" Nothing is wrong. Drive."

" Yes sir."

--------------------------------------------

The car ride felt like hours but finally I was at school. "Sometimes a change of scenery isn't bad," is what noona is always saying to me. I believe that that is a lie whether some people actually believe in that stuff. People were passing by me and back away from me. Some had scared looks, weird looks, and some others were looking down on me. While making my way to my next class, I ignored their looks. I entered the classroom, sat on my seat, and used my bag as a pillow for me to sleep until the teacher came in.

" Sungyeol-hyung!" Somebody just had to disturb my nap so I just ignored him.

" Sungyeol-hyung!"

" WHAT!" After I yelled at him, I noticed that it was Sungjong- my annoying cousin. " Why are you talking to me? Didn't I Hoya-hyung to tell you not to talk to me?"

" I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to eat with us!"

" Just leave me alone. I don't need you to bother me either. Go away."

" No! I'm going to stay here until you say yes!"

" Sungjong. Please leave alone! I don't need to eat with you and your idiotic friends! Now leave!" He looked down and was pouting. Then his lip started to tremble, and everything else went downhill. Sungjong was always good at pretend crying and once that happens nothing can stop it. Even though he pretends to cry, everybody and I mean EVERYBODY falls for it.

" Yah, Lee Sungjong, stop pre-" Somebody grabbed my shirt and lifted me up from my seat.

" Lee Sungyeol. He was only trying to be nice to you! Why can't you just say yes!? I don't like to see him cry so you better agree to it or else I will hit you again!"

" No. I'm not eating with you guys." Before I could even stand up, I felt a punch on my cheek. My hand touched where he punched me and I was bleeding from my lips. The sight of blood makes me hurl, it makes me go back times I don't want to remember about, it makes me want to scream.

Calm down. It's just a little blood. Not a lot. Calm down. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.

People started to gather before us, and began to get dizzy. The only thing that was in my mind was blood and all the people around us.

" Myungsoo-hyung, you shouldn't have done that! He didn't even hurt me!"

" He made you cry!"

" ......hyung...."

Everything started to swirl around me until I heard Hoya-hyung's voice.

" What is going around here? What did you do to him Myungsoo?" I saw hyung grab onto Myungsoo's collar, and I tried to reach out to him to stop. That I needed help from here, but he kept on ignoring me. Tears started to blind my sight and I couldn't stand it anymore; I ran out of there. I grabbed my stuff and ran out of there. I called my driver and right away he was there.

" What's wrong? Are you okay?"

" T-Take me home. T-Take me home." Everything went black after that.