Ch. 51- Please, Wake Up

The Raven and the Dove

Sungyeol's POV:

" I'm sorry, he didn't make it. Once we started the surgery, he had already lost a lot of blood. I'm truly sorry for your lost."

The doctor left us outside of the surgery room. Sunggyu-hyung was crying into Woohyun-hyung's shoulder. Sungjong was silently crying with Minwoo by his side, and Dongwoo-hyung and Hoya-hyung were holding me up as I cried. I fell to the floor and clutched my chest tightly. I cried till there were no more tears, but the thing is, the tears still fell. No matter how many times I wiped them away, they feel like an endless river. I believed that Myungsoo would come out of the room and be smiling at me. Then he would take me into his arms and place a kiss upon my lips. Though it didn't happen: the doors never opened. The hot tears burning my face as I continued crying, and the cries everybody else echoed throughout the hospital.

" Sungyeol!"

Who is calling my name?

" Sungyeol, are you okay!?"

Is that you Myungsoo?

" Yah! Lee Sungyeol! Open your eyes dang it!"

O-Open my eyes?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When I opened my eyes, I realized that it was just a dream. Everybody was standing around me in a circle, and I pulled Sunggyu-hyung down in a hug. I began to cry again into his shoulders, and he gently rubbed my back. The pain of seeing Myungsoo lifeless and bleeding was still etched into my head. The way he closed his eyes just after the moment he confessed to me. I wonder though: did he really confess to me or was it just at the spur of the moment? That I probably will never know. I pulled away from Sunggyu-hyung and wiped away the tears.

" I'm sorry hyung. It's my fault he got kidnapped, it's my fault he got hurt, and it's my fault he got shot. Everything is my fault!"

" Sungyeol-ah, it's not your fault at all. You did the best you can, and you still went after him. I have to thank you for that." I shook my head in disagreement and grabbed Sunggyu-hyung's hands.

" It's my fault! If I had done something earlier then none of this would have happened! Everything is my fault! Just like my parent's death, it was my fault! I-I shouldn't have been born! I should hav-" A slap came across my face before I could even finish. I touched the place where I got slapped and looked at Sunggyu-hyung. He had tears in his face as he slowly placed his hand down.

" Don't you dare say that! Don't you dare say you shouldn't have been born! Your family, us, and Myungsoo are happy that you were born!" Woohyun-hyung pulled Sunggyu-hyung into his arms, and everyone else started to speak up.

" He is right Sungyeol-hyung. I got closer to you and I'm happy to have a cousin like you. So don't ever say that, okay?" Sungjong pulled me into a hug, and told me everything was going to be okay.

" I'm glad I got to meet you Sungyeol. I truly am." Dongwoo-hyung gave me a big, gummy smile and I chuckled. 

" Thank you Dongwoo-hyung." I looked over at Hoya-hyung who was standing next to Dongwoo-hyung. His head was down and he looked mad and sad.

" Idiot. You could have died you know that! Noona and I were so scared! When I saw you holding Myungsoo with blood all over you, I thought you got hurt! I-I was scared I lost another family member. I can't l-lose you too." Hoya-hyung came over and hugged me. I patted his back as he cried into my shoulder.

" I'm sorry hyung. I promise I will be more careful and I will try not to make you guys worry again. Thank you for always taking care of me."

" Of course! We are brothers!" I laughed as he said that into my shoulder. He pulled away and I saw him hold Dongwoo-hyung's hand.

" I just have to say one thing: I don't regret meeting you." Woohyun-hyung threw a little heart to me and I caught it.

" I don't regret meeting any of you guys either. Now, where is Myungsoo?" All of them turned their heads to each other and I got a bit confused.

" Don't worry, the surgery went well. Right now he is in his room but......."

" But what Hoya-hyung? But what?"

" The doctor said they don't know when he will wake up."

" I-I see.... Can I go visit him?" Sunggyu-hyung led the way and we followed. 

" Here we go."

He opened the door, and there I saw Myungsoo with a breathing mask over him. Slowly, I walked over to him and sat down on the chair Sungjong pulled out. I placed my hand over Myungsoo's hand, and tears began to fall. Here was Myungsoo stuck to a bed while here I am walking. I let my hand go to his face and I gently caressed his face. There were a few scratches on his perfect face and I got angry. Even though I know he wouldn't feel it, I placed light kisses on each of the scratches. Then I placed a long but sweet kiss on his forehead. My tears were falling down onto his face and down onto the pillow. I wiped away the fallen tears on Myungsoo's face and held his hand again. I brought his hand to my cheek and leaned into it.

" Wake up, Myungsoo-ah. Everybody is waiting for you to wake up. I'm waiting for you to wake up. I will be patient, so, please wake up. Open your eyes for me."

Myungsoo never responded, though. He didn't open his eyes and I just sat here quietly. I felt somebody put their hand on my shoulder, but I didn't bother with it. All of my attention was on Myungsoo, and I was going to stay here until he wakes up. I don't want to leave his side because I'm afraid he will leave me. Also, I haven't been able to tell him feelings yet. I want him to wake up so I can tell him tell him how much of an idiot he is.

" Sungyeol, you have to go back to your room."

" I don't want to."

" Sungyeol, please, you are tired and hurt. You can come see him once you wake up. Okay?"

" But, Hoya-hyung, I-I don't want to l-leave his side."

" I know you don't want to, but do it for me too. I want to make sure you are okay before you do anything." I give a final squeeze to Myungsoo's hand and stood up. Then I kissed his forehead and went to the door. I gave one glance before I left, and went back to my room. Hoya-hyung helped me get into bed and helped with the sheets.

" Get some sleep okay? I will be right back." I nodded and he went back to Myungsoo's room.

Slowly, I felt my eyes starting to close and I started getting drowsy. I didn't want to sleep, though. I'm afraid that once I open my eyes tomorrow, Myungsoo will be gone. Myungsoo won't be laying in his bed and the room will be cleaned out. I haven't been able to do the things I want to do with him, and here we are in the hospital. I say one thing before I go to sleep.

" Myungsoo, please, wake up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days later......

 

Sungjong's POV:

 

After school I came with Minwoo to visit Myungsoo-hyung in the hospital. He hasn't woken up yet which worries me, well actually, everybody is worred. Though the person who is the most worried is Sungyeol-hyung. I never knew that Sungyeol-hyung cared for Myungsoo-hyung like that. I didn't know that Sungyeol-hyung loves Myungsoo-hyung. Even when Myungsoo-hyung and I were dating, Sungyeol-hyung gave us his blessings. This whole time, I have never noticed how Sungyeol-hyung ever felt. I never even asked him how he felt this whole time.

" Is there something wrong, Sungjong?" Minwoo stood right in front of me and looked into my eyes.

" Nothing's wrong." He shook his finger in disagreement and smiled at me.

" Everything is going to be okay! I know it will be! It will work out because those two were meant for each other. Don't you think so too?"

" Yeah, I think so too."

" Good!" Minwoo gave me a quick but sweet kiss on my lips and held my hand. I let him drag me to Myungsoo-hyung's room while I was still blushing after he kissed me unexpectedly. He opened the door to see Sungyeol-hyung sitting on the side of Myungsoo-hyung's bed. I looked over Sungyeol-hyung's shoulder to see him working on something.

" Hyung, what are you doing?"

" Oh! Sungjong and Minwoo are here! Sorry didn't hear you guys come in. I'm working on Myungsoo's and my project for photography class. The teacher said it's due in two days so I'm putting the finishing touches on it right now." 

I watched Sungyeol work on the photobook, and I realized the pictures were of us and Myungsoo-hyung. There were pictures of us hanging out, and there were a few pictures of Kris-sshi and Tao-sshi. Sungyeol-hyung was in some of the pictures, but since he took most of the photos, he wasn't in them. The one thing that stood out to me was most of the pictures were of just Myungsoo-hyung. Some of them were when we hung out together, the two of them hanging out, and there were some that's just inside Sungyeol's place. As I watched Sungyeol-hyung put the pictures together, a smile grew on my face. I could tell he was putting in effort and most important- his feelings- into the photobook.

" It looks really good."

" Thank you, Sungjong-ah." Sungyeol-hyung was finally on the last page, and he placed a picture I haven't seen of Myungsoo-hyung of.

" Where is this picture from?" I pointed to it and he smiled.

" It was when we had the family dinner at my old house........It's my favorite and first picture."

" I can tell." I walked over to the drawer and placed the flowers into the vase. Sungyeol-hyung turned to me and when I turned around there was a sad expression on him.

" Hyung, what's wrong?"

" Those flowers....." I looked back at the flowers and didn't understand what he was talking about.

" What about them?"

" Where did you get them?"

" Oh yeah! I went to your old home and Sunny-noona gave me these flowers. She said that these might have a deep meaning to you, and these are from the garden too." I saw a single tear fall from Sungyeol-hyung eye, walked over to him, and wiped it away.

" Yellow roses with red tips. They mean friendship with the promise of love. I never got to tell Myungsoo that either." I quickly hugged him and rubbed his back gently. Minwoo came over and patted Sungyeol-hyung's back too. I mouthed a thank you to him and he mouthed back you're welcome.

" You can tell him when he wakes up. I'm sure he will be glad to see your face once he opens his eyes. So you have to be more positive. Okay!" It was more of an order than anything because I wanted him to stop being like this.

" Thank you Sungjong, you too Minwoo. Thank you."

" Anything for you. Well I'm going to go out with Minwoo for a bit and we will come back with the others. See you later." I waved to Sungyeol-hyung and he waved back. I closed the door as we left.

" Sungjong."

" Hm?" I was looking at the ground as we walked out of the building.

" I'm glad I'm with you." My head flew up when he said that. This was the first time I ever heard him say that.

" W-What?"

" I'm glad I'm with you. Promise me that you will always be by my side no matter what happens. We will have our ups and downs, but promise me we will get through this together. Promise?"

" I promise." I leaned foward a little bit and he met me halfway. A kiss full of promises and hope. A kiss full of a bright future and being together forever. The kiss that makes me feel sure that Minwoo is the right person for me.

" I love you Sungjong."

" I love you too."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later.....

 

Nobody's POV:

 

The person is here waiting in the airport to board his plane. He glances at the timetable, and at the same time he is waiting for two other people. He would glance at a picture that was recently put in his wallet and smiled. Even though he didn't want to go, he had to. The two people finally came from wherever they went and walked up to the person waiting for them. They checked to make sure they have their tickets and passports. After they checked an announcement came on.

" All those boarding for the flight to China, please come to gate 10." The three people left and headed to the gate. They waited in line as they got their tickets and passports checked. One person hesitated though, he didn't want to go, but he had to. If he didn't then it wouldn't be good for him.

" Sir, I need your ticket."

" S-Sorry." He handed the person his ticket, and then went to board the plane. 

Please, wait for me. I will come back soon.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

" Where is he? Where is he!?"

" I-I'm sorry."

" What do you mean you are sorry. Please tell me where he is! I-I want to see him!"

" H-He....He left for China..."

" H-How long?"

" A year."