Ch. 36- Revenge

The Raven and the Dove

Sungyeol's POV:

The light coming through from the window was blinding me, and the noisy sound of the other students woke me up from my nap. I left before Myungsoo this morning because I didn't want to see him right now. I was in a groggy state when I woke up, but somebody's face was right in front of me. Because of the sudden surprise, I almost fell out of my chair until he grabbed onto my waist.

" Be careful there Sungyeol."

" You are the one who scared me Kris! Now let go of me!" I pushed away his hands and straightened out my uniform.

" Come one Sungyeol! I know you like my presence!"

" Shut up!" I playfully hit his arm and he hit me back. We just laughed and talked until the bell rang. What amused me the most when Myungsoo walked in, and it looked like he was in a mess.

" I-I'm sorry, I woke up late." He walked over to his seat and glared at me. I shrugged my shoulders and look back to my notes for class. I could tell he was angry at me, but hey, it was his fault for not waking up earlier.

When I looked up, I saw Kris looking at Myungsoo and laughing at him. Then he looked at me and we both laughed together. It looked like Myungsoo didn't eat anything for breakfast, so I tossed him a little snack. He eyed it, opened it, and he looked content because he finally had food in his stomach. He smiled at me as a sort of thank you, and all I could do was smile back at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

I was heading to my locker to get my book, but once I opened it, a note fell out of my locker. I thought the notes have stopped by now, but it seemed one person wouldn't stop. Slowly, I opened the note and my eyes grew wide because of what the note said.

" It's your family's fault I have no father?"

What does this person mean? It's my family's fault this person has no dad? What's wrong with this person? This handwriting.......It's the same one as the person who wrote the note saying that they knew who I really was. I have to find this person as quick as possible!

In anger, I threw the note into the trash can and walked to my next class. When I stepped into class, Myungsoo was about to walk in too. I was about to go first but then he stepped in front of me. He was purposly blocking the doorway so I wouldn't be able to pass. I was already annoyed with the note, but now he was getting on my nerves. Then he smirked at me, and I kneed him in the stomach. He fell to the floor, clenching his stomach, and I stuck out my tongue at him and walked to my seat.

From the corner of my eye I could see him getting up and walking to his seat, which was next to mine. I'm seriously starting to hate how I sit next to him in every class. Before he sat down though, he kissed me on the cheek, and then he stuck out his tongue at me. My cheeks got really red and I could feel my face get really hot. I touched my right cheek, where he kissed me, and I felt happy. Then that happiness soon disappeared because I knew he was just playing around. Though when I looked back at him there was a faint blush on his cheeks too, and for some reason his hand was over his mouth.

Did he regret doing that? Why did he do that? Why did you kiss me on the cheek Myungsoo? Were you just playing around..........or did it mean something else? I wanted to ask him these questions, but if I did I would only make things awkward between us. So I stealthly kicked his chair, and he fell down on his . Everybody in the classroom looked at him and started laughing. His face totally went red and I knew he was really angry at me. I looked away from him, and stared somewhere else.

Revenge tastes sweet.

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I can't believe Sungyeol made me a laughing stock in front of everybody in the classroom! He is so going to get it later! I'm not going to let this go! Not one bit!

I sat back down in my chair and the teacher finally got everybody's attention back. This was the only time I was grateful to teacher for once in my life. I just laid my head down on my desk and waited for class to end.

----------------------------------------------------------------

During lunch.....

 

I went to lunch before Sungyeol because he said he had to talk to Kris quickly. I was reluctant on leaving but he pushed me out the door and I swear I saw Kris smirking. The only thing that could get my mind off of them was eating, and I seriously was hungry. Everybody was looking at me weirdly as I ate, but I ignored them and continued eating.

" Is there something wrong Myungsoo-hyung?" Sungjong was tugging onto my sleeve and I couldn't help but smile.

" Sungyeol made me a laughing stock."

" What did you do Myungsoo?" Hoya-hyung was eying me when he questioned me.

" I didn't do anything! I just annoyed him a bit and he kicked my chair which made me fall!" The others started laughing, and I pouted because they were making fun of me.

" Then you must have really annoyed him because he doesn't show that show that side of him." They contiuned laughing at me and I continued taking bites out my sandwhich.

Then the bell rang signalling lunch was over, but the thing that worried was Sungyeol never came to lunch. I saw Kris walk in, but Sungyeol wasn't next to him. I walked to class but Sungyeol wasn't in there either. Then I looked in the hallways to see if he was anywhere, but I didn't see him. Though I though I saw figure turning the corner, but I didn't think it was him. Since I didn't see him, I walked back to class, but my anxiety only grew.


---------------------------------------------------------------

Before lunch.....

 

Sungyeol's POV:

I got done speaking with Kris because we needed to have a meeting with him and Suho-sshi about our fundraiser we were planning. Kris left before me because I had to grab something from my locker. While I was walking to my locker, I heard some people talking, but I chose to ignore it. Then I heard a scream for help, and ran towards them.

" Let me go! Somebody help!"

I ran as fast as I could to the person. I heard the person screaming, and my heart was beating twice as fast. I was afraid if I didn't make it in time, the person would be terribly hurt. My legs were going as fast as they could, and I tried listening where the source was.

" Help!"

Finally I got to where the person crying out for help was, and my anger boiled inside of me when I saw Minwoo on the floor with a bloody lip. I jumped the guy on the back and threw him over my shoulder. That was when I noticed it was Minwoo's boyfriend, Donghyun-sshi. He was smirking at me too, and that only fueled my anger. I punched the guy in the face and then he kicked me off of him.

He was coming at me with quick punches but I was faster than him. Minwoo was behind me gripping onto my shirt, and I had to protect him no matter what. I pushed Minwoo away from here, and landed some more punches on Donghyun-sshi. He wasn't a bad fighter either, but I was better. Then out of nowhere he kicked me in the stomach, and I was clenching my stomach in pain. He was about to punch me until Minwoo got in front of me and took the hit. Minwoo fell to the ground, and I ran over to catch him making sure he doesn't hit his head. The hit must have been really hard because he was unconcious. Carefully I laid him down, and looked back at Donghyun-sshi.

I was really angry that Minwoo was hurt, but I also felt guilty that he took a hit that was supposed to be for me. Slowly I walked over and hit him as hard as I can in the face. He fell to the floor and was clenching his face- his lips and nose were bleeding. I was breathing slowly, trying to get air back into my lungs, and I felt happy to see him on the floor. He was smirking though, and he glared at me.

" It seems I was wrong about you. You are stronger than I thought." I grabbed his collar and brought his face close to mine.

" Don't you ever get close to Minwoo again you got it? Leave him alone! I don't care if you are his boyfriend, but from now on, you two aren't together!" Then he closed in my face and whispered into my ear.

" I will.......get revenge."  He pushed me away and dusted off his uniform. " Don't worry, I have no need of him anymore." Then he walked away as if nothing happened, and that was when I held my fist in pain.

" God! It hurts!" I looked at Minwoo who was still unconcious, and carried him on my back. I heard the bell rang, and I quickly ran to the nurse's office making sure nobody saw us.

Once we entered the nurse's office, I carefully laid Minwoo on the bed. The nurse wasn't in so I looked through the drawers seeing if I could find some bandages. Then I heard the door open and I turned around to see Kris walking in. He was shocked to see me too, but he was shocked to see my hand with blood on it. I saw him get closer and closer and he grabbed onto my hand. He sat me down on the chair, and he began to look for something. It seemed like he found the thing he was looking for and walked back over to me.

" What happened?"

" H-Huh? Oh....I just got into a fight that's all." He grabbed onto my hand and wiped off the blood with a wet towel.

" A fight? What happened?"

" I heard somebody yelling for help, and I couldn't just not do anything." I looked over at Minwoo who seemed like he was a bit better.

" I see." I could sense the tense air from him as he bandaged my hand.

" I'm sorry." He looked up at my with shocked eyes and then put my face between his hands.

" What are you talking about? Don't you dare be sorry for anything. I'm proud you saved that kid over there. Now come on, let's go. I will leave a note saying that kid over isn't feeling well." I nodded my head in agreement and walked out the hallway. Then he walked out and we headed to my classroom.

" Oh yeah! Why aren't you in class Kris?"

" Hm? Oh, I had to use the bathroom and I noticed the nurse's office door was little open, and I saw you." I nodded my head understanding as to how he found me.

" Well thanks for putting the bandages on my hand. You are a really great friend you know that." Kris stopped walking and I looked at him.

" What's wrong Kris?" He let out a big sigh and continued walking.

" It's nothing. Now how about we get to you class."

"O-Okay."

We went our separate ways when I got to my classroom. I entered the classroom and everybody was looking at me, and I knew they were eying my hand. I saw Myungsoo looking at me, but then he turned away from me.

He must still be mad at me for this morning.

I sat down in my desk, and laid my head down. I was tired from the fight and it seemed like the teacher didn't mind. I didn't care that people were talking about me, and I went to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

At home....

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

Sungyeol and I entered the house, and he threw his bag onto the sofa. He began to take off his blazer and I did the same. What worried me the most was his hand. His hand had bangages on it, and it seemed like he was in pain at times. His back was face towards me, and I slowly walked towards him. I didn't know what I was doing, but I grabbed his bandaged hand and observed it. I knew Sungyeol was looking at me with a questioned look but I chose to ignore it. Then I began to caress his hand and we stood like that for a few minutes.

Then I looked all over him to make sure he wasn't hurt and it seemed like he wasn't. I placed his hand down and looked at him in the eyes. All of a sudden he hugged me, and I went stiff. Sungyeol wasn't the type to initiate hugs or anything of the sort. So the only thing I did was place my arms around him too.

" Thank you for being worried for me, Myungsoo."

" H-Huh? What do you mean?"

" I know you are worried about me, but don't worry it doesn't hurt anymore." I felt him hold me a bit tighter, and I could feel my body get warm.

" Sungyeol.....I can't breathe!" He immediately let me go and I got disappointed for some reason.

" S-Sorry. U-Um....I'm going to go change." I nodded my head and he went upstairs.

I walked over to the living room and sat down on the sofa. I placed my hand over my heart and I could feel it beat really fast.

That's weird. My heart is beating really fast. Why?