Ch. 13- Laughter of Loneliness

The Raven and the Dove

Sungyeol's POV:

I can't believe that I will have to spend the rest of my day and have to sleepover with these idioits. I don't get why I even agreed.....oh wait I do! Sungjong just had to blackmail me to come with him or else he would tell the whole school who I really am. That brat, once this is over he is totally going to get it. Now I have to deal with Myungsoo too. Sometimes I wonder why I even try to be kind to him at home, I mean he doesn't even know the truth. I will just have to bare it and reward myself once it's over.

I made my way to a chair that was in its own corner and sat down. When I sat down Hoya-hyung came over and dragged the chair and me to where they were sitting. He put the chair and me down and gave me a scowl. I just glared at him and he shook his head in reply. Even though he may be my brother, sometimes it didn't feel like it. From everybody's looks at the two of us, it might be soon when they figure out our relationship. We both promised that at school we will pretend to not know each  other and avoid the other as much as possible. Though everytime we did that, it felt like the gap between us increases.

" Sungyeol-sshi."

" Y-Yes?"

" Haha nothing! I just wanted to see if you were paying attention or not!" Woohyun-sshi gave off a happy go lucky personality and it somewhat sickened me. I could tell that the way he acts that he was raised well by his parents. It seems like he also gets along with others easily, so I guess this is why everybody likes him.

Lucky him. His parents must be very happy with him. I wouldn't mind having parents back then.

" Dongwoo-hyung didn't I tell you to stop eating!?" I looked over to Hoya-hyung who was bickering with Dongwoo-sshi. From what I could see; Dongwoo-sshi was the type who smiled no matter the circumstances. This must be the reason why Hoya-hyung spends most of his time with him. Dongwoo-sshi can make Hoya-hyung forget all the bad stuff, unlike me who only brings everything back.

I wish I could smile everyday like him, but I have no strength to do it. I guess this is why Hoya-hyung dislikes me so much: I don't smile at all. Hyung just doesn't understand me at all; why I can't smile.

" Sungyeol-sshi." I was knocked out of my trance when Sunggyu-sshi called my name.

" Do you need something?"

" Actually I was going to ask you that. Do you need anything? Like something to drink or eat?"

" Can I have some water?"

" Sure." He walked to the kitchen and then came back with a glass of water. When I grabbed the glass my hands were shaking a bit, but I don't know why. Maybe it was because this is the first time that somebody has asked me something: something that I wanted.

" T-Thank you."

" No problem!" I don't understand people at times. It makes me wonder how Myungsoo and Sunggyu-sshi are brothers at all. Myungsoo is quick tongued and harsh while Sunggyu-sshi is calm and kind. People these days make the weirdest children in this century.

The doorbell rang again and Woohyun-sshi sprinted off to get the door. When the door opened the smell of pizza invaded the house and my stomach started to grumble. Ever since yesterday morning I didn't get to eat because I was at a meeting and I was so tired when I got home I just didn't have the energy to eat. Then when Sungjong came to pick me up this morning, I wasn't able to eat breakfast either.

" Everybody food is here! Come and get some before it gets cold!" All of them jumped off their seats and ran to the kitchen, but one person stayed behind.

" Are you going to eat," said Myungsoo who was standing by me. I gave him a look and walked off to the kitchen. There were only three pieces left after everybody took their pieces. My stomach was grumbling very loudly, but Myungsoo still didn't get his food yet. I decided that I would take one piece and give the other two pieces to Myungsoo.

Why the heck am I being kind to him? I'm such a fool at times! I should have taken two pieces! Whatever. I can't take back my decision.

When I sat back down everybody was looking at me weirdly because I only took one piece. Everybody else had two or three pieces, and then Myungsoo came back and glared at me. He ripped his second of pizza in half and gave one of the halves to me. I was shocked at what he did, heck everybody was shocked at what he did.

" What? I was only trying to be nice. Just eat it fool!" We started to eat our pizza while we were watching a movie. I thought they were the type to drink and do stupid stuff but I guess I was wrong. Very wrong. After the movie was done we decided to play a game of truth and dare. Woohyun-sshi was the one who brought up the idea and everybody was rejecting the idea, but then gave up since there was nothing to do.

" Okay I will start!" Woohyun-sshi spun the bottle first and landed on Sunggyu-sshi.

" Truth or dare?"

" Truth."

" Do you like anybody!?" Sunggyu-sshi cheeks started to turn red and turned away from us.

" No I don't."

" You are no fun hyung. Okay how about you spin Sungjong?" Sungjong spun the bottle and landed on Dongwoo-sshi.

" Truth or dare?"

" Hmmm.....I guess I will be fun this time. Dare!"

" Hmmm.......Dongwoo-hyung kiss Hoya-hyung on the cheek!" Hoya-hyung's and Dongwoo-sshi's cheeks turned very red. It was quite a sigh to see my hyung like this; embarrassed and scared. Dongwoo-sshi slowly moved towards hyung and everybody was losing patience so Myungsoo pushed him. Dongwoo-sshi's lips landed right on hyung's cheek and both backed away from each other and were blushing.

" Hahaha this is too much for me!" Woohyun-sshi was laughing so much he was clutching his stomach. Then everybody joined in and I joined in but somehow it felt off to me. It felt off because I shouldn't be laughing along with these people, I shouldn't be with these people. I had to keep my end of the deal with Sungjong though, but I felt so out of place between them.

Then without my notice Myungsoo started to spin the bottle and it landed on me. He smirked at me and I had a very bad feeling it wasn't going to be good. I looked over at Hoya-hyung for assistance but he was mind was somewhere far off because of that stupid kiss.

" Truth or dare, Sungyeol-sshi?"

" Truth, no dare, no truth. Aish! Truth!"

" How come your left is covered by your hair?" My body froze when he asked that question and my mind went blank for a second. Sweat was starting to build in my hand and coming from my forehead. My mouth opened to give out an answer but nothing came out and that's when Hoya-hyung stepped in.

" Hey how about we go to sleep now. It's getting pretty late and I'm starting to feel tired." Everybody agreed with him and I thanked him in my mind that he saved me there.

" Oh yeah! You guys will have to room with each other too! So I will choose who will room with who. Okay......Hoya and Dongwoo-hyung. Sunggyu-hyung and I. Myungsoo and Sungyeol-sshi and Sungjong has a room to himself! Okay let's go to sleep!" Woohyun-sshi ran off with Sunggyu-sshi and showed us our rooms where we will be sleeping.

Great. Just great. I have to sleep with him! Out of everybody Woohyun-sshi just had to choose him! Aish!

-------------------------------------------------

Myungsoo's POV:

 

" Hey, I'm not very excited to room with you either. So how about we just throw away our differences for the night and just sleep on the bed. I'm sure neither of us want to sleep on the floor, so I will sleep on this side and you sleep on the other side." I told Sungyeol-sshi what to do and he just agreed with me. It looked like he didn't have anymore energy to deal with me, so he simply agreed. I went to use the bathroom and when I came out, Sungyeol-sshi was already alseep. I went over to his side to check if he really was and he was. He lips were parted a bit and he actually looked peaceful when he was sleeping.

I went over to my side and slid under the covers. Even though our backs were facing each other, I could feel his warmth. The warmth felt very familiar too, but I just couldn't point it out.

How come his warmth feels so familiar. This is the first time I have slept with him, so it is impossible for me to feel something familiar like this. Everytime I'm with him it just feels like somebody else, but who? Also why was he trembling when I asked him that question? Why did Hoya-hyung just suddenly spoke out for no reason. I could tell he wasn't tired at all! What is going around here? I will just figure out sooner or later, but right now I'm tired.