Ch. 44- Doves Fly as the Church Bells Ring

The Raven and the Dove

Sungyeol's POV:

" I don't get why I even agreed to come with you." Myungsoo was dragging me by the hand, and was leading me all over the place.

After school Myungsoo said he wanted to meet me before I headed for the office. He usually doesn't ask me these sort of stuff so I thought it must have been really important. When I met him after school I didn't expect for me to be pushed into the car with him following after me.

FLASHBACK:

 

" Sungyeol!" Myungsoo was waving his arm to me motioning for me to come over. I ran over to him, but once I met his eyes I got scared.

" What did you need to say to me, Myungsoo?"

" Hm......Close your eyes!" I questioned him but I did as I was told. Then all of a sudden I felt his hand around my wrist and I could feel myself being pushed. I heard a door open, myself being pushed in, and I landed on some sort of seat.

" Yah! What are you doing!? I have to get to work! You better let me go right now, Kim Myungsoo!" I yelled at him at the top of my lungs, but his response was a chuckle.

" Nope! We are going to hang out today! Just us two. We haven't hung out together for a while, and I was feeling bored too."

" Aish! Whatever!"

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

Myungsoo was dragging me everywhere; the clothings store, shoes store, food stalls, and all of these other random places. I don't get why he didn't ask Sungjong to go with him since they are going out with each other. Which reminds me, Sungjong wasn't sitting with us today at lunch. I thought that he was sick or something, but after school I saw him walking with Minwoo. Anyways, I have better things to deal with than worry about Myungsoo's and Sungjong's relationship.

We walked into this store which was full of accessories. It ranged from necklaces to hats and scarves. Myungsoo of course headed to the section that was full of hats, to be more precise- fedora hats. Also he tried on a lot of black accessories, and most of the clothes he tried on were black or plaid. This kid really needs more variety to his clothes. I have to admit though, he does look good in pretty much anything. Just put a plain t-shirt and blue jeans on him and everybody will be falling for him.

" Sungyeol!" As I was looking through some earrings, I heard Myungsoo calling out for me. I turned around to see him wearing a black fedora hat.....of course.

" What?"

" Does this look good on me?" He was fixing the hat so it would fit him.

" Yes, it looks good on you."

" Really!?" He gave me a really happy look, sort of like a kids when you give them candy.

" Yes, really."

" I'm going to buy this then!" He took off the hat and walked over to the cashier. What caught my sight though was a necklace, to be more exact two necklaces. The two necklaces had a small little bird as pendants. I took the necklaces off the hanger, and brought them closer to my eyes.

" I see these couple necklaces have caught your eye." I jumped at the sound of the voice, and I turned around to see somebody standing behind me.

" C-Couple necklaces?" The person nodded at me, and gave me smile, a kind smile.

" Yep. These are the only necklaces left in stock so I guess you could say that these are the last ones ever. Are you going to get them for you and him?"

" H-Huh!?" I blushed when she said you and him.

" Aren't you two a couple?"

" N-No....We aren't..." The person sighed at me, but then gave me another kind smile.

" How about this? You can have those for free."

" W-WHAT! I can't take these for free!"

" Don't worry. Take these as a good luck charm. How about that?" The person tilted her head to the side, and for some reason I felt like I could believe her.

" T-Thank you very much then." I bowed to her, and I heard her chuckle. I felt her take the necklaces from my grasp.

" Here let me wrap these up for you." I followed her, and watched her as she wrapped the necklaces up. She gently wrapped them making sure she doesn't brake them. After she was done, she handed them back to me, and I bowed to her once again.

" Thank you very much!"

" No problem. Good luck! I know you two are meant to be with each other!" I blushed at her kind words, but then my attention tore away from her when I heard Myungsoo calling out for me.

" Sungyeol! Where are you?"

" I'm coming!" I turn around to thank the lady once again, but she wasn't there. I looked over the counter to see if she was there, but to my dismay she wasn't there.

That's weird. How can somebody just disappear like that all of a sudden? She was just here a second ago, and then she disappeared into thin air! Weird......

" Sungyeol, hurry up!"

" Aish! I'm coming!" I rushed over to Myungsoo so he would stop being annoying.

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I was waiting by the door as I wondered where Sungyeol could be. I went to pay for my hat but when I turned around, Sungyeol wasn't where he was before. I began to worry about him so I started to call out for his name. I tried a few times before but there was no answer. This was a pretty small store so it's quite impossible for a person like him to get lost in the store. I called out his name once again, and I finally got an answer.

" Sungyeol! Where are you?"

" I'm coming!"

" Sungyeol, hurry up!"

" Aish! I'm coming!" Sungyeol was soon by my side once again, I didn't notice it before, but I was holding my breath the whole time. I exhaled and Sungyeol gave me this werid look. I shrugged my shoulders, left the store, and headed to the movie theater.

We got there just on time before the movie started. We didn't care to get anything to eat, so we just sat in our seats, and luckily there were a few good spots left. Sungyeol and I sat in the middle but a bit more further up. The movie was boring at first, but then after a good 30 minutes it got really intense. The main character was fighting the bad guy, but at the same time I felt something hit my shoulder. I looked over to see Sungyeol sleeping on my shoulder, and he had on a smile on his face. I didn't know what I was doing so I brushed his bangs out of his face. Then I patted his head, and let him sleep on my shoulder until the movie was done. It felt warm actually, to have his head on my shoulder, and it felt nice. This is the most contact we had in for a while, and I was happy. I truly was happy. The movies was finally done, and I had to shake Sungyeol awake.

" Sungyeol, wake up."

" Hm?" He rubbed his eyes as he was waking up, and he looked too adorable! Oh god! It sounded like I just fangirled just now.

" The movie is done."

" W-What? Why didn't you wake me up?"

" I didn't want to disturb you. Anyways it looked like you were having a good dream or something." I saw a faint blush on his cheeks, and he got off first.

" L-Let's go."

" Okay!" I followed him as we made our way out of the movie theater.

Sungyeol and I kept on walking around looking at vendors and sometimes window shopping if there was nothing that interested us in that store. What I didn't notice was Sungyeol was holding a bag in his hand. I was about to grab it until he pulled it away from me. He shook his finger at me, and he put it in his other hand. I pouted at him, he ignored it though, and we kept on walking through the stores. What we didn't expect a wedding going on as we passed a church.

People were filing out of the church. They were waiting on the steps as it seemed like they were waiting for somebody to come out. I stopped in my tracks and so did Sungyeol. We were both staring at the sight as two people walked out holding hands. To me, they looked happy, almost as if the happiest thing has happened in their life. The woman was wearing a white dress and the man was was wearing a black suit. As they walked down the steps, Sungyeol and I stepped even closer. From where I was standing, it seemed like the people were throwing flower petals at them as the newly wedded couple walked down.

Then then the sound othe church bell rung, and white doves were flying over the building. The sound of the bells resonated throughout the place, and the feathers of the doves began falling down. I looked over to Sungyeol as he was looking up to the sky, but he had on a sad smile. The feathers began falling around him, and soon there were white feathers surrounding him. It feels weird though, looking at him as the feathers silently fell. It made Sungyeol look like a angel - a fallen angel. I bent down, picked one of the feathers, and twirled it between my fingers. When I looked back at Sungyeol he was holding a feather in his hand too. I was about to walk to him, but two people were already walking up to us.

" Hello there." Sungyeol and I turned around to see the new wedded couple in front of us. We bowed at them, and they smiled at us.

" Congratulations to your marriage!" I spoke up first.

" Why thank you! If it's not any trouble, may I ask for both of your names?" The lady gave is a gently smile, almost like a mother's smile.

" My name is Kim Myungsoo."

" I'm Lee Sungyeol." The bride looked at Sungyeol with a gentle smile, and the groom looked over to me. What I didn't expect though was when the bride gave her bouquet to Sungyeol.

" Here, I'm going to give you this. I hope you will find the person who will give you eternal happiness." Then just like that they both left. I looked back at Sungyeol who was smiling to himself. He buried his face into the bouquet, and smiled even more.

" Roses......my favorite." When I saw him smile I couldn't help but smile either. As his smile grew, so did mine. My body was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, and I placed my hand over my heart. It was beating fast. Weird.

" Myungsoo?"

" H-Huh?" Sungyeol was waving his hand over my face, and I realized that I spaced out.

" We should be heading back. It's getting late, and I still have some work to do."

" O-Okay."

I called for the car, and in a few minutes it pulled around the curb. We both went inside, and we sat in silence. I felt happy. I felt happy that I was able to hang out with Sungyeol for today. Even though we practically hung out for most of the afternoon, I still don't want to count this as my whole day with him. I still want to have my one day with just him, and I will make that possible.

------------------------------------------------------------

At the house......

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I walked in first as we got home. I was still holding onto the bouquet afraid that it might be a dream. It may sound silly, but it feels like if these flowers fall to the ground, it would be like my wish would disappear. The wish that she placed into these flowers - I want it to come true. I want to be able to find eternal happiness, even if it may be unreachable. No matter how long it takes, I want to grasp onto it, but what if that eternal happiness was take away by some other person? What if my eternal happiness was stolen by somebody else? How else will I be able to grab for it and hold onto it? It seems impossible as I begin to think about it. Myungsoo already has found his eternal happiness, but for me, Myungsoo is my eternal happiness.

He doesn't know that this whole afternoon I was secretly happy. I thought of this as some sort of date, but in reality we were just hanging out as friends. When I accidentally fell asleep on his shoulder at the movie theaters, I had a dream about him and I. Myungsoo and I were happily married to each other, and not just by the marriage contract. We were married because we loved each other, and on both our ring fingers were rings. I was smiling as Myungsoo was hugging me from behind. I leaned into his back and held onto his hands. Myungsoo's face was against my neck and I could feel him smile. Though that dream broke when he woke me up. Truly I was disappointed when he woke up. I wanted to stay in that dream for a little bit longer even if it was for just a second.

After I washed myself, I placed the bouquet in a vase of water, and placed it next to my bed. Then I got under the covers, and laid there as I replayed on what happened today. It's quite ironic actually for me to have a dream about Myungsoo and I as a happy married couple, and us actually meeting a newly wedded couple. I laughed to myself as I thought about that. For some reason it felt like a  sudden hit of realization.

Myungsoo and I.....as a happy married couple? A newly wedded couple? As if! That will only happen in my dreams. And of course my dreams have to be interrupted. Even my dreams won't let me have a bit of happiness.

I let my hand open and let the necklaces dangle from my hand. I stared at them for a while before I fell asleep. I didn't hear somebody come into my room, turn off the light, or put the necklaces on the nightstand. I didn't feel somebody kiss my forehead, but I know one thing for sure. In my dreams the person said this to me.........

 

" Goodnight.......angel."