Ch. 40- Auction

The Raven and the Dove

Sungyeol's POV:

Tonight was the fundraiser event that EXO Companies and Lee Corporations planned together. I was quite nervous actually because I don't usually do stuff like these. I only go to them, not plan them. For tonight I chose a simple black suit, black tie, and black shoes. Usually I would add something that is of my personality, but I was too nervous to choose what to wear. After I was done getting ready, I made my way downstairs to see Myungsoo already waiting for me.

Myungsoo was dressed in all black too, but he looked a lot more better in black then I did. His hair was styled up while mine was flat. He saw me and approached me, and I was walking back a few steps. Then he got closer and closer, but I saw him going for my neck. I felt his hands on my tie, and I didn't notice that my tie was crooked.

" Let me fix your tie for you." Myungsoo began fixing my tie while I stared at his deep chocolate eyes. I watched him as he continued fixing my tie, but then I didn't notice he finished until he told me.

" Okay your tie is all done.......Yeol?" I blushed when he called me that nickname. Since the day we came back from the villa, he as been calling me Yeol.

" H-Huh? O-Oh, thanks Myungsoo. We should get going before we are late." The both of us headed out to the car, and we sat in the car in silence as we made our way to the event.

-------------------------------------------------------------

At the fundraiser event.....

 

Myungsoo and I got out of the car, and made our way through the crowd. I greeted people as I passed them. There were so many people that it felt claustrophobic, but I knew that I would have to deal with it for now. As we got more into the center, I saw a stage, and the right of it, I saw Hoya-hyung and the others. We smiled and walked to them, and it felt better to get out of that crowd. Myungsoo made his way to Sungjong while I stood next to Hoya-hyung.

" You seem pretty popular tonight. I'm sure some of these business men would like to pair them up with their daughters, maybe sons too." Hyung was nudging me on my side, but I pushed him away lightly. Though when I looked over at Dongwoo-hyung, he looked nervous.

" What's wrong Dongwoo-hyung?" He looked at me with a nervous look, but he it disappeared with a smile.

" Nothing is wrong, don't worry about me. Hey, I think your friend is looking for you." I turned around to see where Dongwoo-hyung was pointing at, and I saw Kris looking around. I haven't talked to him since the day at the office, but I decided to forgive him. I will just ask him later when it's just the two of us. He saw me and waved to me shyly, and I waved back. 

" Hey Sungyeol." He was rubbing his neck and I know that when he does that, it means he is nervous. I grab his hand so that he would stop rubbing his neck. Then I leaned into his ear and whispered to him.

" It's okay I forgive for.....umm, haha, trying kissing me." I looked down at my feet but then he lifted my chin making me face him.

" Thanks, and I promise not to kiss you when you are sleeping........unless you give me permission." He smirked at me and I felt my face go really red. I lightly shoved him, and I saw Suho-sshi and Lay-sshi walking towards us.

" Hello Sungyeol-sshi. I'm going to borrow him for a little bit okay Kris?"

" Fine, but bring him back to me."

" Kris, don't be such a kid!" I playfully slap his arm, and walked with Suho-sshi and Lay-sshi. As we were walking, we were talking to some of the other people that were there too. I would greet everyone of them, and soon it was beginning to get tiring. Also I met some of the other people who operate EXO Companies too, but I'm too lazy to list them off.

" Are you liking the outcome of the fundraiser event Sungyeol-sshi?"

" Yes, but I'm still a little bit iffy on the auction." Suho-sshi smirked at me and waved me off.

" Don't worry about it. I have it under control." I was still walking with Suho-sshi and Lay-sshi and we were still greeting people as they entered. Some people even asked me if I would have any interest meeting their daughters. I would like to say I'm married, to a male of course, and that would make them back off, but I didn't want to cause a scene.

" Sungyeol-sshi, how about you go stay with Kris while I go get the auction ready?"

" Okay, you better make sure this goes perfectly!" He turned to me and when he smiled, I got shivers down my back.

" Like I said, don't worry about it! You will be surprised actually!" I shook my head and made my way to Kris who was standing in the middle of the crowd. Then I noticed that he was right in front of the stage eying it.

" What's wrong Kris?"

" I have a bad feeling about it, that's all. Anyways have you seen Tao?"

" No, I haven't." I looked around the area but I couldn't find him anywhere.

 

Hoya's POV:

 

Suho-sshi was making his way towards us, and each of us greeted him. Then he went towards Myungsoo and whispered something in his ear. I saw Myungsoo's expression turn sour, and he was gripping onto his cup tightly. When Suho-sshi pulled away, there was a smirk on his face, and the person next to him bowed to us as they left. I walked over to Myungsoo to see what Suho-sshi said to him.

" What did he say to you?" Myungsoo was gripping onto his cup even tighter, and I saw Sungjong eying him from the corner of his eye.

" It's nothing. I will be right back." He placed his cup on the table next to him, and he walked to who knows where.

" Is Myungsoo-hyung alright?" I looked back to Sungjong and ruffled his hair.

" He probably had to go to the bathroom or something." Sungjong seemed to believe me and went to talk with Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung. Though when I turned around to find Dongwoo-hyung, I didn't see him. He wasn't where he was standing before, and his cup was placed on a table. I was starting to panic as I started looking through the crowd for him, but I couldn't find him. It was as if he disappeared into thin air. Then I saw Sungyeol standing in the middle of the crowd and ran over to him.

" Sungyeol! Have you seen Dongwoo-hyung!?"

" No, I thought he was with you?"

" He was but when I turned around, he wasn't next to me!"

" Hyung, I'm sure he is around here." I nodded my head in agreement hoping that he was somewhere, and Sungyeol started walking up to the stage. If he is safe, that's all that matters. I was about to walk back to the others when the stage lighted up.

" Hello everybody! This is Suho of EXO Companies and this is Lee Sungyeol of Lee Corporations. Today we have a fundraiser event for those who are in poverty and are in hunger! We would like to thank everybody who made such generous donations, but we won't tell you the exact moment just yet! We have a surprise for everybody! As the last event for today: we have a human auction! Whoever bids the most money would get the person for the whole day! So first we have here is..............Jang Dongwoo!"

My eyes grew wide as I saw Dongwoo-hyung come onto the stage. I saw him nervously playing around with his hands, and he was glancing through the crowd. I made my way to the front so I could get a better view of him. I could tell he didn't want to be on stage like that, I mean he can dance on stage, but something like this- he couldn't deal with it. Then I heard people starting to say amounts, and Suho-sshi speaking.

" Five million dollars! Anybody else want to go higher than that? Nobody? Okay then...." Tch. How can people think he is only worth one million dollars? He is worth more than that! A person shouldn't even have prices put on them!

" Ten million dollars!" Everybody turned to me with wide eyes, and the only person I was looking at was Dongwoo-hyung.

" Okay ten million dollars! Anybody else?..........Nobody? Okay then! Ten million it is!" Dongwoo-hyung stepped of stage, and I immediately ran over to him. I hugged him like it was the end of the world.

" Why did you do that Hoya? Why?"

" I will tell you when we spend the one day with me. Does that sound okay?" He nodded with his head down, but I know for sure I could see a faint blush on his cheeks. I grabbed his hand and made our way to the others.

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

Suho-sshi began bringing others to the stage and surprisenly all of the participants were the assistants of the people who work in EXO Companies. I was even more surprised when the people who bidded for them were their bosses. It was as if their bosses wouldn't let their assistants go with anybody else. Then when Lay-sshi's name was called, my eyes grew really wide. I couldn't believe that Suho-sshi would put his own assistant for auction.

" Okay this is Lay-sshi my assistant, but unfortunately somebody already bid for him, and I accepted it. So you may step down Lay-sshi." I saw Suho-sshi wink at Lay-sshi, and I was even more confused as ever. Then I heard Tao's name called out, and he walked onto stage. I could see Tao looking into the crowd almost as if he was looking for somebody. I looked to where he was looking at, and I thought I saw Kris walking out of the crowd.

" This is Tao! So should we start with one million dollars? Okay you over there! Now how about two million dollars!?" I saw somebody walking to Suho-sshi and whispering in his ear. Then he looked back at the crowd and smiled at them.

" Well it seems like somebody called in. They said 20 millions dollars! Does anybody want to go higher than that!?" I looked at the crowd look at each other and whispering among themselves.

" Nobody? Okay then! 20 million dollars it is then! Tao you may step off the stage!" It seemed like the last person was Tao because I had a list of the people in my hand, but Suho-sshi started speaking again.

" Now everybody it isn't over yet! We still have one more person!" I started to look through the list again frantically seeing who I missed. I looked it over again and again, and we didn't miss one single person. I started to get really worried, especially when the spotlight was placed on me.

" The last person to bid for Lee Sungyeol! Please come up on the stage!" I slowly made my way up, and I could feel myself sweating from nervousness. I was nervous because I knew a lot of these people would be bidding for me just to have a date with one of their children.

" Let's start with one million dollars!"

I stood there as Suho-sshi kept on speaking. Everything  was flying over my head as he kept calling out higher prices. At this point I didn't care who got me, because I will decline their offer, and they won't be able to argue with me, especially if they don't want to see their business being bought. I was waiting for the final person to bid on me, until I saw somebody walk up to Suho-sshi and whisper into his ear again. This must have been another secret call because that is what happened last time. Though what surprised me for the night was the price that was said.

" Well I just got another call.......The person on the phone bidded 100 million dollars! Anybody would like to beat that!?" My eyes grew wide as saucers when I heard that price. That person must have been crazy to bid so much for me because nobody would ever spend that much money on one person, even if it was for a good cause.

" Nobody at all? I'm quite disappointed.......Well then 100 million dollars it is! That's the end of the auction everybody! I hope you enjoyed your time here!" Everybody clapped and I made my way off the stage. Then when I saw Suho-sshi walking towards me, I ran over to him.

" Why didn't you tell me you put me on the list!"

" Calm down Sungyeol-sshi! I put you on there for the cause! Shouldn't you be happy we made so much money?" He smirked at me, and I really wanted to wipe it off his face.

" Whatever. Anyways who bidded for Lay-sshi anyways? I didn't think you would put up your own assistant on the list."

" He said he was fine with it. The person who bid for him.......was me of course! I can't let a random person have my Yixing for a whole day. I'm more surprised you don't want to know who bidded for you."

" I rather not know. It was probably somebody who desperately wants me to meet their daughter. Well, I'm going to go then."

I bowed to Suho-sshi, then I passed Lay-sshi who was blushing madly, and then I made my way to hyung and the others. Everybody was standing around the table and enjoying themselves. Though was disturbed me the most was how Sungjong was really close to Myungsoo. I know they are dating, but I don't want to see them so close like this. Then when I turned around, I saw Minwoo looking our way. I didn't know Minwoo was invited, but I know I saw tears in his eyes. I was about to run to him, but he was already out of the builiding before I could reach him. I would just have to talk to him at school tomorrow.

" Sungyeol!" Hoya-hyung was calling for me, but I saw Myungsoo and Sungjong nowhere.

" Where are Myungsoo and Sungjong?"

" Oh them? They already left, Sungjong said he was tired, so Myungsoo took him home." Sunggyu-hyung was looking at his cup while he talked.

" Oh......okay then." Sunggyu-hyung looked at me, and he knew I wasn't okay with it at all. He smiled at me, and I gave him a bitter smile.

" Sungyeol!" I turned around to see Kris walking towards me with Tao right behind him. It looked like Tao is blushing because his face was red.

" Kris! Where did you go? I saw you leave during the auction." He was rubbing his neck, and when I looked behind Tao, he was blushing even more. I smiled as I figured out what happened.

" I see now. You were the one who phoned it! You are such a nice person Kris!" I patted his shoulder and he even blushed too. Though he took my hand into his, and I started blushing too. Then when I behind Kris, Tao was with the other assistants.

" Oh right! I haven't really introduced you guys to Kris yet! Kris this is Sunggyu-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung, Woohyun-hyung, and Hoya-hyung- my brother. Everybody this is Kris! He is a really good friend of mine! I met him in China when I visited the EXO Chinese branch!" Kris shook hands with each of them, and it seemed like they liked Kris too.

" Thank you for taking care of my brother when he was in China."

" No problem. I liked taking caring of him actually. So don't worry about it." Kris was smiling at me, and I felt myself blushing more. He is always like this to me, so of course I would be embarrassed.

" Well I have to go. It was nice meeting every one of you." Kris bowed to them and left. Then I began feeling tired and decided to leave too.

" Hey guys I'm feeling tired so I'm going to leave."

" We were going to leave too." We all left the place and made our way to our own rides. I entered the car and watched the lights pass by. Though I would never expect what I would see when I get home.

 

 

 

(A/N: Okay to make things clear the assistants and the bosses were the rest of the EXO members! Just to make things a bit clearer! Also who bidded for Sungyeol!? What will Sungyeol see when he gets home!? Oh no! Also is this getting a bit too long? I was really planning to make it this fic this long. And I don't think it's going to end anytime soon. so yeah.....Comments are appreciated!)