Ch. 11- Awkward

The Raven and the Dove

Sunggyu's POV:

These past few days I have been observing Myungsoo and his actions. From all of the information I have gathered, he has been acting weirdly or awkwardly. I have never seen him like this, and the only reason why he acts like that is when he is around Sungjong. Though I don't really have any idea as to why he is like that, I don't want to dive into his business. He has to deal with that himself.

" Gyu-hyung, what are you thinking about?" I was sitting outside with Woohyun and we were leaning against the tree.

" It's nothing. Just trying to process somethings together."

" Ah, I see. Anyways, what are you and Myungsoo doing this weekend?"

" What are we doing? I don't think we are doing anything. Why?"

" How about we invite the guys over and do something! We haven't done anything together for such a long time! Plus my parents are going to be gone for another performance which means I will be bored by myself!"

" Fine. I think Myungsoo needs a break too."

" Yay! You are the best hyung!" He kiss my cheek lightly and fast and ran off before I could do anything to him.

" Yah! Nam Woohyun!" Weird. Why do I have a tingling feeling inside of me now. Also my cheeks are burning too! Just because he kissed you doesn't mean that your reaction should be like this! It was only a friendly kiss between two friends. Yep! That is right! A friendly kiss between two friends!

-----------------------------------------------

Myungsoo's POV:

My mind has been in a jumble these past few days. Ever since Sungyeol told me that I like Sungjong, only that has been in my mind. I can't even get close to Sungjong at times! Whenever he gets close to proximity, I immediately try to calm myself down or have an excuse to leave. It is Sungyeol's fault that I am acting like this! I don't even get why he told me! I have always liked girls since who knows when I got attracted to girls. Right now I can't even focus on school.

" It seems like somebody is a bit frustrated." I didn't want to deal with him right now but my body unconciously moved to the sound of his voice

" I don't want to deal with you Sungyeol-sshi."

" Yep. Somebody is totally frustrated over something. You can tell me since you will be just talking to a wall." I thought over it again and again. I didn't even know him, I don't even like him, neither did I even want to breathe the same air as him! Though as I thought about it more and more, it didn't really matter. Since if he told anybody else in the school. I could get him kicked out of the school immediately or destroy his life.

" I think I like my friend."

" You like Sungjong."

" Yes I- wait! How did you know that!?"

" It's quite obvious. The only reason why you got mad at me was because of him."

" I guess you are right. What do you think I should do."

" Hm.........it's none of my businees. You can do whatever you want."

" What the? Didn't you say you would let me talk to you?"

" Yeah I did. It's your problem though. Well go to go, I have a phone call."

" What about class!?"

" Don't worry. They would understand." He gave me a smile, not a happy go lucky smile like Dongwoo's, but an evil smile. Though behind that evil smile, were sad lonely eyes, well technically his right eye. My eyes drifted to his, and I felt like I have seen that look before; sad, lonely, and angry. Then just like that he left with taking the phone call.

" I don't get him at all." I put my head on the desk, closed my eyes, and waited for the teacher to come in.

------------------------------------

At lunch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

" Myungsoo, you have been out of it for a while now." Dongwoo was looking at me with a concerned face but I didn't look at him.

" Yeah what's wrong? I am your brother, so you if you have a problem you can always tell me."

" Thanks Sunggyu-hyung, but I just need some time to think of stuff." Hyung shook his head even though I knew he wanted to ask me some more, but he is the type of person who doesn't like getting into anybody's business.

" Myungsoo-hyung!" My body froze when I heard my name being called out by the only person who would call me hyung: Lee Sungjong.

" O-Oh, hey Sungjong. W-What's up?"

" Haha why are you stuttering for? Anyways, I heard that Woohyun-hyung wants all of us to come over his house this weekend!"

" Yep I surely do! We will have the whole house to ourselves. So are you guys busy this weekend?"

" Nope," we all said together. I was actually excited to go over to Woohyun-hyung's house. As a group we haven't hung out with each other since we were busy with school and other activities. Though I don't do much, school has kept me pretty busy. Maybe this would help me overcome my awkwardness with Sungjong too. Maybe, just maybe, I could also figure out my feelings for him too.

When I looked over from my friends I saw Sungyeol-sshi with somebody else, well actually the other person was following him to be more exact. The person who was following Sungyeol-sshi was familiar though. As I kept on staring, I noticed it was Sungjong's friend whom we met earlier.

" Sungjong, isn't that your friend, what was his name again? Why is he with Sungyeol-sshi?"

" Minwoo. I don't know why he is following him. He probably admires him or something."

" He is carrying bread though."

" U-Um......that is n-nothing. Why don't you turn your attention to us instead, hyung?" He grabbed my head and turned it towards the group, but I didn't noticed that our faces were so close to each other. We stared at each other for a few seconds until I heard an irritating voice.

" If you guys are going to make out, then get out of the lunchroom." Sungjong let go of my head and I looked at the person behind me. To my amusement the person was Sungyeol.

" What do you want?" I hated seeing his face, I hated hearing his voice, I just hate everything about him.

" I don't want to talk to you. This kid here wanted to talk to Sungjong-sshi. Well I'm going to go." He was about to walk away until Sungjong did the unexpected.

" Sungyeol-hyung!" He turned back to us.

" Don't call me Sungyeol-hyung. We are even that close to each other. Call me Sungyeol-sshi."

" Sungyeol-sshi. All of us are hanging at Woohyun-hyung's house this weekend, and I was thinking if you wanted to come or not." Sungyeol-sshi's gaze looked through all of us. Each time his gaze landed on one of us, it felt like our body turned into an icicle. Then when his eyes locked onto mine, he smirked.

" No. I would never hang out with any of you even if the world was ending." Just like that he walked away from the table and went off to who knows where. Everybody looked disappointed except Hoya-hyung who looked like he didn't give a care in the world. I swear Hoya-hyung and Sungyeol-sshi have to know each other somehow.

" Why did you ask him Sungjong?"

" Because I wanted to Myungsoo-hyung. WE all agreed with each other to help Sungyeol-sshi get used to the school, and I wanted to become closer to him."

" You are just wasting your time. He hates everybody."

" NO HE DOESN'T!" The whole table went silent. We were all surprised to see Sungjong actually yell at us. He is usually calm, but today he just went off.

" Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I just know he doesn't hate everybody."

" Whatever you say."

" Myungsoo-hyung, can you do me a favor?"

" What?"

" Can you ask Sungyeol-hyung if he wanted to hang out with us this weekend." All of our eyes became wide: we just got done dealing with Sungyeol-sshi, and now he wants me to deal with Sungyeol? Man I really need to make up a nickname for at least one of them.

" Why?"

" Because. He must be lonely."

" I will see what I can do." He gave me a hug and I ruffled his hair in reply. Then out of nowhere he kissed me cheek.

" Hyung you are the best! Let's go Minwoo!" Though I was nowhere near my mind, I could see a sad face on Minwoo-sshi's face. He looked sad and disappointed but then he put a smile back on when Sungjong took his hand and walked away.

Aish. Now I have to deal with Sungyeol at home. Why me?

------------------------------------------------

At home..................

 

When I got home, the place was a bit dark. Everyday when I get home I would have to open the blinds so that there was sunlight coming through. Even though the place had mainly white furniture, once the room was dark, it made the whole place seem black. As I was walking by, I noticed a light peaking through from his office. I decided to walk to see if he was busy and to my luck he was just sitting there looking at a picture. I came inside and when he saw he me, he put the picture into one of the drawers.

" What do you want Myungsoo?"

" Actually Sungjong wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out Woohyun-hyung's this weekend?"

" Why would he ask me that?"

" I don't know. He is your cousin, so why can't you just say yes." He groaned in frustration and his hands were covering his face. Now that I mentioned it, he looked pretty tired these past few days. Some nights I would even find him here sleeping on the couch. Then I would have to bring him to his room, and he wouldn't remember the next day who carried him. After he took his head out of his hands, he looked at me.

" Fine."

" What?"

" I said fine, dang it! I will hang out with you guys!"

" R-Really!?"

" Yes! How many times must I repeat it!?"

" Yay! Thank you so much! Sungjong would be so happy!" I gave him a hug and skipped to my room.

This weekend is going to be totally fun!