Ch. 35- Ice Cream

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

These past few days I felt like Sungyeol has been avoiding me. Like every morning he would leave before me, and then every night he gets home late. Then when we are in class, he doesn't make eye contact with me or talk. I feel like I have done something wrong to him, but I don't know what I did! Whenever I approach him, he would turn around or say he has to go to his locker. He won't even tell what the problem is, and that is what frustrates me! I whack my brain everyday to figure what I have done wrong, but I come up with nothing!

Though, I am glad Sungyeol's health is better. He doesn't look as pale, he doesn't stumble around as much, and his coughing has stop. Last time he talked to me, he said his fever is gone, and it seemed like it was gone. Also he has been smiling a bit more than usual, which is good, but he hasn't been smiling at me this past week. I mean the day I dragged Sungyeol away from Kris when they were in the garden, Sungyeol hasn't really talked to me since then. Still, I'm relieved and happy he is feeling better.

I was walking to photography class, and Sungyeol was already sitting down in his seat. I sat down in my seat, which is next to him, and I tried to get his attention but he interrupted first.

" Myungsoo, we should probably work on our project. There is only one month left before we have to hand it in, and we haven't made much progress." I nodded as I remembered about our project. I kept on forgetting and that isn't like me since I really like photography.

" Then how about we go out today after school?"

" Today? Hm....that seems fine with me."

He agreed, which I was happy about, and this would give me a chance as to why he has been ignoring me. The teacher came in and she started class right away. I didn't pay attention to class though. Instead all of my attention was towards Sungyeol who was paying attention to class.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After school.....

 

I was by the school gates as I waited for Sungyeol. He gave me the camera because he said he had to do something first and would come out when he was done. I was about to look through the pictures he had taken already, but I heard somebody calling my name.

" Myungsoo!"

" Oh! Hoya-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung! What are you guys doing?"

" Dongwoo-hyung and I are going to hang out today. Well got to go so bye!" Hoya-hyung took Dongwoo-hyung's hand and dragged him wherever they were going to.

" Have fun on your date you two!" Dongwoo-hyung turned around and his face was totally red. I laughed to myself and I almost dropped the camera when somebody decided to spook up behind me.

" You look like a maniac laughing like that. Let's go." Sungyeol grabbed the camera out of my hands, and walked off towards the same direction Hoya-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung.

" Did you know that Hoya-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung are going to 'hang out' today?" I did the quotations thing with my fingers when I said hang out. I mean, it's obvious that it is like a date for the both of them.

" Yeah I know. That's why we are going to follow them." I stopped walking and I was shocked at Sungyeol.

" You mean we are going to follow them?"

" Yep. I thought of taking pictures of them when they are together and happy. So let's go." Sungyeol held onto my hand and we followed Hoya-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung.

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I know we shouldn't be following them, but this is a good chance to take some pictures. Since the teacher said we should take pictures of what gives us life or what we live for, I thought of taking pictures of family and friends. This was the only opportunity too since these two haven't hung out with each other for such a long time. Carefully, we followed them, and that was when I saw some masks next to us. I quickly went to buy two masks and a hat for me. As soon as I came back to Myungsoo, I threw him a mask, and put on mine and the hat.

It seemed like they were eating some ice cream, and that made me want ice cream too, but I held down my urges. Myungsoo was closely following behind me, and I took this moment to take a few shots of the two of them. They were happily eating their ice cream, and the camera perfectly took pictures of them. I smiled at the pictures as I looked at them until Myungsoo's face came a bit too close to mine.

" Hmmmm......Those two look like they are having fun. These are pretty nice photos you took, Sungyeol." I blushed when he commented me, but I realized that I shouldn't be acting this way.

" T-Thanks." I walked away from Myungsoo and started to follow the two of them again.

They were in some sort of store so I followed them inside. We tried to make ourselves not visible to them, but we kept on getting weird looks from other customers. We bowed at them saying sorry and kept on passing them. Hoya-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung were looking at some clothes together, so I took some photos of them again. I laughed when I saw the photo because Dongwoo-hyung's face was bit scrunched up because Hoya-hyung was looking at another purple shirt.

Of course he would be buying more purple clothes. I swear he has so much purple clothes that it would fill one whole walk in closet.

I saw the two of them begin to walk out the store, so I grabbed Myungsoo's hand who was looking at some black clothes. We hurriedly walked over to where they were, and they were walking through a park. The both of them were holding hands, which I thought was suspicious because they weren't dating, but I just threw that thought away. Then they stopped to rest on a bench, and I dragged Myungsoo behind a bush that was across from them.

" Yah! Let go of my hand! I can walk by myself!" I realized that I have been holding onto his hand, and I immediately blushed at the sight of our hands together. Quickly, I let go of his hand and refocused on the two of them.

" Sungyeol, can we please go home! I'm tired and hungry!"

" Be quiet! Shh!" I pressed my finger against my lips, and his reaction was to pinch my cheeks.

" Aigoo! Sungyeol is so cute!" My face went red when he said that, and I was blushing like mad. I pushed Myungsoo's hand away and took the camera out and focused on them again. It seemed like they were talking about something but they were smiling at least. I decided that these would be the last photos for today so I took photos of them.

" Okay, we can go now."

" Yes!" Myungsoo jumped up and I immediately pulled him down. I turned around to see Dongwoo-hyung and Hoya-hyung looking at us weirdly.

" You idiot! We could have been figured out just now! Let's go!" I grabbed onto his wrist and ran away from the park and towards home.

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

Sungyeol and I were out of breath after we ran away from the park. I was holding onto my knees trying to get some air back into my lungs and Sungyeol was doing the same too. Then we made eye contact, stared at each other, and began to laugh out of nowhere. We were clenching our stomachs because it hurted from laughing so much. We didn't know what we were laughing about exactly, but it felt good to laugh like this with him.

" Haha! Oh god. I haven't laughed this much for a while." Sungyeol and I were bothing wiping tears from our eyes.

" I'm so tired from running and laughing! Let's get some ice cream Sungyeol! You should pay too since you dragged me with you!"

" Okay, okay! Calm down! Now how about we get some ice cream over there?" Sungyeol pointed to an ice cream stall and I nodded in excitement. I took his hand, but then he slipped his hand from my grasp.

" S-Sorry." Sungyeol walked ahead of me towards the ice cream stall. I was a bit disappointed though when Sungyeol pulled his hand away from me. I didn't expect for him to react like that especially since he has been the one who has been grabbing my hand all day.

" What flavor do you want?"

" H-Huh? Oh...vanilla."

" Then I will get coffee flavor. So one vanilla and on coffee please!" The lady who was working was eying Sungyeol and I just realized Sungyeol took his mask off. The lady gave the ice cream to Sungyeol.Then he gave mine to me, and Sungyeol gave the money to her. I saw the lady about to grab Sungyeol's hand when she was giving the change, so I quickly grabbed his hand and walked away from there.

" Yah! I need to get my change!"

" Didn't you see her eying you like some piece of candy!"

" W-What! Haha! You are way too overprotective Myungsoo-ah!" Sungyeol was laughing at me, but something sounded weird when he laughed. I held out my hand for the camera and it seemed like he understood since he gave it to me. We walked over to a bench, sat down, and ate our ice cream.

I peaked over to see Sungyeol enjoying his ice cream, and he was smiling. He was smiling as he was eating his ice cream, and this was my only chance to take a photo of it. I quickly took a photo of him, and he turned to me with a surprised expression.

" D-Did you just take a photo of me!?"

" Yep! And you can't delete it either!"

" Let me see it! I better look good in it!" I showed the picture to Sungyeol and he looked like he was satisfied with it.

" It looks.....good. Don't delete that one." I chuckled to myself as he admitted that to me. Then he took one of me, and he laughed at it.

At least he should be honest! This side of his is too adorable! Oh wait! I almost forgot to ask Sungyeol why he has been avoiding me.

" Sungyeol."

" Hm?"

" Why have you been avoiding me these past few days." Everything went silent for a while. I could feel Sungyeol stiffen beside me, but then he relaxed his muscles.

" I have been busy that's all. The company has been on my mind these past few days. Sorry if I have been avoiding you, I will make sure not to do that again." I felt his hand on my head and he ruffled my head. It felt quite nice actually, but I didn't know why it did.

" You better now avoid me again or else I will become your shadow! That way you can never get rid of me!"

" Whatever you say Myungsoo. Now lets get home, it's getting pretty dark."

He stood up and I stood up as well. Sungyeol was walking ahead of me, and I hate it when he does that. I don't like it when he is walking in front of me because I can't see his face. I ran up to him and held his hand. Sungyeol stared at me questionly and tried getting his hand out from my grip. It was useless though since I am stronger than him. As he was trying to get out, I just gripped on tighter. After a while I could feel him give up, and he let me hold his hand. I was happy that he gave up and smiled to myself.

You know, Sungyeol's hand feels pretty nice actually. I never really held his hand this much in one day.........well actually I haven't really held his hand, but it doesn't feel awkward at all. It feels, what's the word? Right? No. Fit? No. Perfect?..............Maybe?