Ch. 47- Kiss and Leave

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

Today was the day Sungyeol and I were going to work on our project together. We also asked the others to help us out since we could take pictures of them. Also we haven't hung out as a group for a while so it would like killing two birds with one stone. I did my usual routine and grabbed my camera on my desk. When I walked out of my room, Sungyeol came out of his at the same time. Though when I looked at him, his expression wasn't very good. I was going to ask what was wrong, but then he put on a smile. I smiled back at him and went downstairs.

After I cooked up some breakfast for us, we both ate in silence. I would usually start the conversation, but for some reason it didn't seem like Sungyeol wanted to talk today. As we were eating the doorbell rung and Sungyeol went to answer it. I stood up to see who it was to see the others here already. They were very loud as the entered the place, and I went back to eating my food. Sungyeol then came to finish his, and I put our plates in the sink. Once Sungyeol and I were ready, we each grabbed our own cameras, and left his place.

Sungyeol and I rode with the Woogyu couple while Sungjong and Minwoo rode with the Yadong couple. Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung were animatedly talking to each other while Sungyeol and I were just looking through our cameras. I noticed that I barely took any pictures for the project, and some of the pictures had Sungjong and I when we were dating. Though as I kept looking through the few pictures I had, I noticed the rest of them were of Sungyeol. Before I dated Sungjong, sometimes I would secretly take pictures of Sungyeol. When he was working at his office, sleeping in his office at home, or sitting on the couch, I would take pictures of him. Then I was going to look at Sungyeol's camera, he pulled it away from me, but for some reason I thought I saw a photo of just me.

" Let me see!"

" No!"

" Sungyeol-ah!" I tried using aegyo on him though I hate the thought of doing aegyo.

" Ew! Get away from me! Your aegyo is so bad!" He pushed me away and I just pouted. Sungyeol continued looking through his camera and I swear I saw another photo of me.

" Okay guys! We are here!" I looked outside to see the beach. I jumped out first before the others and ran over to the beach. Then I heard the screaming of Dongwoo-hyung, and moved to the side to avoid getting run over by that dinosaur.

" YAYYYYYY! WE ARE AT THE BEACH!" Dongwoo was screaming as loud as ever as he ran closer to the water.

" Yah! Dongwoo-hyung! Be careful!" Hoya-hyung was running after Dongwoo-hyung, and I took a picture of them since they looked so amusing.

" Aish. Such kids." Sunggyu-hyung shook his head at the two of them.

" Aww! Come on Sunggyu-hyung! I know you wanted to come here too! You wanted to see in my swimming trunks that way you can see me shirtless."

" Shut up Woohyun!" I watched Sunggyu-hyung push Woohyun-hyung away and took a picture of them.

" Sungjong hurry up!"

" Coming Minwoo!" I turned around to see Sungjong and Minwoo running over here holding hands and decided to take a picture of them too.

" How about you go enjoy yourself too?" I jumped when I felt somebody's hand on my shoulder. I look over to see Sungyeol standing next to me with a smile on his face. Then I thought of something.

" How about we both enjoy ourselves?" He gave me a confused look- which made him look like a cute lost puppy- and took off the camera around his neck. Then I took off mine and laid them down on the towels Sunggyu-hyung placed down on the sand. I took Sungyeol's hand and ran into the water. I started to splash Sungyeol with water, and he splashed me back.

" Guys come over here!" We both turned around to see the others playing around with a beachball.

We kept on play with the beachball with everybody, and laugh when one of us gets hit in the face. Then we would get on each others shoulders, and try to push the other group into the water. Sungyeol got onto mine while Minwoo got on Sungjong's. Sungyeol easily pushed down Minwoo, and we kind of felt bad for him. Then we watched The Yadong and Woogyu couple go against each other, and of course Dongwoo-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung would be the ones on the shoulders. What surprised us was when Sunggyu-hyung pushed Dongwoo-hyung into the water, but I think one of the factors hyung won was because Dongwoo-hyung wouldn't stop laughing.

" We are going to win," said Woohyun.

" No you aren't!" I yelled back at him, and Sungyeol got onto my shoulders. Both of us started to go after each other, and guess who won...........WE DID!

" You guys totally cheated!" I stuck out my tongue at Woohyun-hyung, and he started doing his pouty thing at Sunggyu-hyung. Then I laughed when Sunggyu-hyung pushed him away saying he was tired. Then I turned around to high five Sungyeol, but when I did, I didn't notice that our faces we be so close together.

Sungyeol's face and hair was all wet- of course. Though the way the water was dripping down his face made him look.........enticing? He pushed his hair back and I a lump formed in my throat. I continued to stare at Sungyeol and realized he was wearing a white t-shirt! A WHITE t-shirt for god's sake! Because of the water it made his shirt practically see-through showing his chest! I was starting to feel hot even though I was in like cold water! Before I thought of more things in my head, I had to force myself to turn away, but then he grabbed my wrist before I could go.

" Your bangs are in your face." I felt the tip of his fingers touch my forehead as he brushed away my bangs. I got a tingling feeling just from his finger tips, but then our heads turned around when we heard snapping sounds.

" Yah! Lee Sungjong! Come back here!" Sungjong was starting to run away while holding my camera as I started to come out of the water.

That tingling feeling.........why did I like it?

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I stood there as Myungsoo went to run after Sungjong. I laughed at Myungsoo as he trying to get out of the water because he kept on tripping on his own feet. I looked back at my hand which brushed away Myungsoo's bangs. Then I laughed at myself because I was doing things without even thinking. Myungsoo won't ever love me back, so I should stop hurting myself. It's like what Kris said, I have to stop hurting myself.

After I cleared up my mind, I started to get out of the water, but once I took a few steps my leg started to cramp. I couldn't walk and started to flail. Then I could feel myself going under the water and losing air in my lungs. I heard a voice though. I heard somebody calling out my name, but by that time all of the air in my lungs had disappeared. My eyes started closing but I kept on reaching out. Just then I felt somebody take my hand, and pull me out of the water. By that time though, I had already blanked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

" Sungyeol wake up!"

" He's not breathing!"

" Somebody do CPR on him! Hurry!"

" Give me some space here!"

I felt somebody's lips on mine. It felt.........warm. These lips feel safe, warm, and.........sweet. It feels so real, this person's lips. I could feel the air be taken out of, but at the same time it was as if air was being pushed into my lungs. I feel something warm though. It's wet. It feels like........tears? Why is this person crying? Are they crying for me? Why? Why is the person saying ' Please. Don't leave. Don't leave me.' Why is he saying that? Why?

" Look he is finally breathing!"

" Sungyeol are you okay!?"

" Sungyeol!" I felt a warm light flashing in my face, and I opened my eyes to see a group of people surrounding me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

I coughed out water, and I opened up my eyes to see everybody standing around me. They had worried expressions on them, and Sungjong was even crying. Then I felt myself being pulled into somebody's embrace, and it felt warm. They pulled me in tighter and tighter as if I was going to disappear. I felt safe, warm, and happy. I could feel something falling onto my face though- it was warm and wet. I looked up to see Myungsoo crying and his face was really close to mine. I was only able to see his face, and I smiled at little bit. I guess you can say I was happy because Myungsoo was crying because of me. I lifted my hand to wipe away his tears, and gave him a reassuring smile. He let me go, placed a towel around me, and then led me over to the place where we laid our stuff.

" Sit here, I'm going to get something to drink from the car." I did as what I was told and sat down. Then everybody started coming over me, and the first person was Sungjong who jumped on me.

" I was scared, Sungyeol-hyung!" I patted his back as he was sitting on me.

" I'm sorry for making you worry," then I looked up at the others, " and I'm sorry making you guys worry too." Hoya-hyung patted my head and sighed.

" As long as you are okay that's what matters. You are my little brother.....I can't lose you too." I smiled at him and the others gave me hugs too. What surprised me the most was what Sungjong whispered to me.

" Myungsoo-hyung was the one who saved you, which means he performed mouth-to-mouth." Then he left me and went to join Minwoo and the others.

W-What!? Myungsoo was the one who performed CPR on me!? Then me dreaming about those lips was Myungsoo's lips! N-No it can't be! I mean Myungsoo wouldn't do that......but we are friends so I guess he would do it for a friend. Still! It was kiss and I admit it did feel awesome! It was like I was in heaven! T-That was also me f-first kiss, and I wasn't even awake to experience it. Just great Lee Sungyeol! Just great!

I didn't know I was touching my lips until a voice interrupted my thoughts.

" Are you okay?" I turned around to see Myungsoo holding two bottle waters.

" I'm okay."

" That's good." He handed me one of the water bottles and I took it. I opened and took a sip of water.

" Don't ever scare me like that again. You are never going into any body of water without me next to you." I was surprised when Myungsoo said that to me. He was really being protective of me.

" Even when I take a bath?"

" Sungyeol!" I jumped a little bit when Myungsoo yelled at me. When I looked at him there were tears forming in his eyes.

" I'm sorry. Next time whenever I'm close to water I will make sure I'm with you." I wiped his tears that were about to fall and smiled at him. He laughed at me and pulled me close to him.

" Lets take a picture together!"

Myungsoo held out the camera out and I made a peace sign. I was smiling showing my gums, which I rarely do, and I heard the shutter sound. We took a few more and made some funny faces. We laughed at as we went through the pictures. I was happy. I was truely happy to be by Myungsoo's side like this. Even if we aren't lovers, I liked being like this. Though I would love being with him.

" Hey everybody! We are going to my house to barbeque so hurry and get into the cars!" Myungsoo and I packed up the stuff and headed to the car. As Sunggyu-hyung drove to their house, Myungsoo fell asleep on my shoulder. I shifted a little bit so he would be more comfortable and soon I fell alseep on his head. Before I did though, I sent a text to somebody.

So this is it I guess? I guess this is the end even though I don't want everybody to be there when I say it......

-----------------------------------------------------------------


At the Kim's place........

 

Woohyun-hyung woke us up as we got to Myungsoo's house. I woke up Myungsoo, who cutely rubbed his eyes, and we got out of the car. Sunggyu-hyung opened the door for us, and well all walked to the living room. We were all tired that we flopped onto the couches, and laid down. Myungsoo went up to his room to get something, and Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung took out the ingredients for the barbeque. I was sitting on the couch when Myungsoo's parents came into the living room. I stood up and bowed to them, but they dismissed it.

" It's okay Sungyeol-sshi. You don't have to bow to us like that, only when it's about business."

" Y-Yes, Mr. Kim." I bowed again and they laughed at me. I shyly smiled at them, but then I remembered.

" Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim, I have some-" Before I could even finish, their doorbell rang. Sunggyu-hyung went to answer it, and I slowly followed him.

" K-Kris-sshi." Kris was standing in the door way, and then everybody started coming to the door too. From the corner of my eye I could see Myungsoo walking down the stairs, and soon he was by my side.

I don't want to do this, but I have to.

I walked pass Sunggyu-hyung and pulled Kris into the room. I made my way to Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim, and I intertwined Kris' hands and mine. First, I took a deep breath of air, and exhaled. Then I looked at everyone who was standing behind me, and looked at the Kims. I braced myself for what I was going to say, and I could feel Kris give me a reassuring tug. I looked at him and smiled. Then I open my mouth to say the dreaded words.

" Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep the contract for any longer. I-I have somebody I'm going out with. I'm going out with this person here- Kris."

" WHAT!" I knew that scream was no other than Myungsoo's. I had to block out his voice or else I would crumble.

" What is the meaning of this?"

" I'm sorry Mr. Kim, but I feel it's unfair for me to be married to Myungsoo while I'm going out with Kris."

" How long have you two been dating?" Mr. Kim gave me a stern look while Mrs. Kim sighed.

" Recently."

" I see. If that is what you want.......then the marriage contract will be broken. Myungsoo will come back and live with us." I nodded my head in agreement and Kris and I bowed to them. We both turned around to see Myungsoo and the others blocking the door.

" What is the meaning of this," said Hoya-hyung.

" Are you guys really going out," said Dongwoo-hyung.

" I-I though that you.....," said Sunggyu-hyung.

" You're just kidding right," said Woohyun-hyung. Sungjong stood there with his eyes looking at the floor. Myungsoo didn't say anything and I was hoping he would but I guess not. I took this as a sign to leave, but then Myungsoo grabbed onto my wrist right when I was out the door.

" Do you hate me? Do you not want to live with anymore? TELL ME SUNGYEOL!" I flinched when he said those words. I jumped when he yelled at me.

I don't hate you Myungsoo. I have to protect you or else you will get hurt. I can't let anybody who is important to me get hurt.

" Let go."

" No."

" LET GO!" Myungsoo let go of my hand, and I ran to Kris' car. I got in, Kris started the car, and I heard a banging on the window. I turned to see Myungsoo with tears in his eyes. I placed my hand on the window just as Kris drove off. He drove to the park, parked the car, came to my side of the car, and pulled me out. Then he hugged me.

" It's okay Sungyeol. You can cry. Cry out all of your tears." Kris was rubbing circles on my back, and I cried out right there.

I cried into his shoulder and gripped onto his shirt. My tears were overflowing and wouldn't stop no matter how much I forced them. The painful expression when I saw Myungsoo's face wouldn't disappear no matter how many times I tried to erase it. Now I was sobbing into Kris' chest and cried out all of my frustration. I didn't want to see Myungsoo hurt, but this was the only way he would be safe from me. This was the only way, but at the same time I hurt us both. My heart feel likes it going to break any minute. It hurts so badly. It hurts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Kim's home.........

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

" Myungsoo stop running after the car! You are going to hurt yourself!" Sunggyu-hyung was holding onto me as I tried to break free.

" Let me go hyung! I know Sungyeol wouldn't date Kris! He only thinks Kris as a good friend! I know that for a fact! So let me go!" I hitted hyung's hands but he wouldn't let me go. He started pulling back to the house, and pushed me into the room.

" Myungsoo-ah....."

" How could you just let him break the contract as easily like that!? How could you let him dad!" I felt a punch across my face, and looked to see Sunggyu-hyung who punched me.

" Don't blame dad! It's not is fault!" Tears started to fall from face when hyung yelled at me. Sunggyu-hyung pulled me into a hug, and I quietly sobbed into his shoulder.

" I-I'm sorry Myungsoo. I shouldn't have punched you like that. Sit down." I did as what he said, and Sungjong came to sit next to me. He grabbed my hand and rubbed circles on my palm.

" Hoya, can you see why Sungyeol is going out with Kris?"

" Okay I will. Let me drop you off at home Dongwoo-hyung." We said goodbye to them as they left, and then Sungjong and Minwoo left.

" Woohyun is somebody going to pick you up?"

" I'm going to stay here for the night."

" B-But-" I looked at them as Woohyun-hyung held hyung's hand and he sighed in defeat. I stood up and went to my bedroom because I couldn't stand being here anymore, and I felt really tired.

I took off my clothes, threw on my pyjamas, and laid in my bed. I stared at the ceiling, and tears were falling once again. My heart was hurting a lot. So much that it felt like I was dying. Slowly, I fell alseep, but I had another nightmare. This time Sungyeol was leaving me behind and holding somebody elses hand.

Why does it hurt? Why am I crying like there is no tomorrow? Sungyeol........what is he to me?

 

Sunggyu's POV:

 

" Gyu-hyung?"

" Hm?" Woohyun and I were laying in my bed. Woohyun was holding onto me as my back was facing him.

" Sungyeol.......does he like Myungsoo?" My body went stiff as Woohyun said that. " I guess that is a yes since I felt your body go all stiff." I turned around and playfully hit his chest.

" Shut up. Don't you dare tell Myungsoo. He.....he needs to figure it out himself."

" Okay. I promise I won't tell him." I snuggled into his embrace, but I felt a tug in me.

Why do I have a bad feeling something bad is going to happen?

 

 

 

 

(A/N: This was quite a long chapter wasn't it? I feel like I'm going to cry after writing this! The person who Sungyeol called was Kris! And since you guys wanted Myungsoo to feel a little bit hurt, I decided to make him hurt.....quite a bit. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter, even though most of you will be sad.)