Ch. 48- Is It Too Late?

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

Its been a week since I talked to Sungyeol ever since that night. I have been staying at my home since I moved back. Everytime I tried to call him my fingers would freeze. Then I would throw my phone on my bed and just lay there. Whenever I close my eyes, all I see is Sungyeol holding onto Kris' hand and saying he is going out with him. In school he hasn't talk to me or even made eye contact either! He doesn't even eat lunch with us, he eats with Kris and Tao.

Today was the same too. I would get into class, sit in my seat, and wait for Sungyeol to come in. Then he would get here right when the teacher comes in which means I can't talk to him. Once class ends I would try to talk to him before he leaves, but he would dash out the door before I even got out of my seat. He is in all of my classes, but the same thing happens all over again. This has been going on everyday this week, and I was beginning to get tired of it.

While I was on my way to lunch, I saw Sungyeol walking with Kris. I wanted to just drag away Sungyeol and ask him what the heck was wrong, but I couldn't. I was scared, I was scared of getting......rejected? I don't want Sungyeol to be with Kris, I want him to be with me. I don't want Sungyeol to look at Kris, I want him to look at me. I don't want Sungyeol to do anything with Kris. It won't happen though because Sungyeol is going out with him- I still don't believe him though. There is no way that Sungyeol is going out with Kris! There is no way that is true!

" Myungsoo, what's wrong?" I sat down at the table without getting anything since I lost my appetite when I saw Sungyeol and Kris.

" Nothing's wrong, Sunggyu-hyung." I heard him sigh like the millionth time, but I ignored it.

" There is something wrong. You aren't usually like this."

" Then how am I like Hoya-hyung!? How am I like? Even I don't know what's wrong with me." I placed my head in my hands as I groaned out in frustration.

" I will ask him later today. Okay?" Hoya-hyung placed his hand on my shoulder and I nodded. I wanted to get to the bottom of this before I literally go crazy!

" Thanks. I'm going to go to the music room." I waved at them, and I passed by where Sungyeol was sitting. I shouldn't have looked because when I did, I regretted it. Sungyeol was smiling at something Kris said, and I felt a stab in my heart. Tears were already starting to form in my eyes, and I quickly bolted out of the lunchroom. I didn't know where I was running to, but anywhere is better than there.

I went to the music room which was way far away from the lunchroom. I entered the room, and walked towards the piano. My fingers slid against the piano as I walked around it. Then I sat down on the bench and lifted up the lid of the piano. I started at the piano keys for a bit before I started to play. I let the music come out as I played and started to sing my heart out.

I love you. I’m sorry
But i can’t do this anymore
I don’t even have the right to get close to you
Don’t love me
I don’t have the ease of being able to give you my heart
I live every day beyond my strength
Each day is too much so i cry

Tears were falling as I played. My fingers would touch the wet keys, and I would almost miss the key. I don't know where this overwhelming sadness was coming from, but I could feel it pour from my heart. Tears were falling like rain.

Oh, i.. I don’t have anything i can give you
(but i’m) missing you
I can’t even give you loving words
But i’m missing you
I can’t even boldly wish for you to be mine
But i’m missing you
So i push you away
Because i’m a guy who has nothing but his own heart

Did I hurt Sungyeol in anyway? Was it something I did? Why would Sungyeol be with Kris? I want to ask him but I'm such a coward.

I’m holding back, even though it hurts
Even tears are a luxury for me
I don’t even have the right to look at you
Don’t look at me

He doesn't even spare a glance at me. Sungyeol, just tell me if I did something wrong. If I did then I will get on my knees and beg for your forgiveness. It's just I'm such a coward that I can't even look at you. Please, just please.

I know that my heart is wherever you are
Close enough our breaths can touch
Always in that same place

Oh, i… i don’t have anything i can give you
(but i’m) missing you
I can’t even give you loving words
But i’m missing you
I can’t even boldly wish for you to be mine
But i’m missing you
So i push you away

You are pushing me away, why? I want to grab onto you because I miss you. I can't reach you though because you feel so far away. I miss you.

More than anyone else in this world
I love you, so i hold back

You look really happy with Kris, yet I hate it. I would like to make you smile like that too, but what can I do? Everytime I try to get close to you I just back away because I'm a coward.

Oh i… i can’t hold your hand
But i’m missing you
I’m worried i might just have my tears to hold
So i’m missing you
I can’t tell you to stay with me
But i’m missing you
So it’s too much, but in the end
It’s because i’m a man who has nothing but his own heart

I miss you. I really do miss you, but what can I do? Will you listen to what I have to say? To what I have to ask? If I grab onto your hand, will you try to pull away? Tell me, Sungyeol, will you push me away? All I want to is hear the real reason why you wanted to break the marriage contract because I don't understand. I want to ask you all of these questions, but I'm such a coward that I can't even make a single move.
 
Pathetic aren't I?

I stopped singing, closed the piano, and just sat there. Yeah, I just sat there doing nothing. I didn't know what the next move was actually. I guess I was confused on what I should do. I heard the bell rang a little bit before, but what was the use of going now? I got up, and went to lay on the couch that was in the music room. I laid there and waited until I fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------

At Lee Corporations........

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

Myungsoo didn't show up after lunch, and I was worried. I was worried that something had happened to him, but right before I entered the car, I heard him call out my name. Quickly, I entered the car and had the driver drive as fast as he could. I did feel regret that I have been ignoring him this past week, but it's for his own good. If he gets into harms way.......then I can never live with myself. I have to protect him even if it means that I have to hurt him. In the process though, I have been hurting myself. Also I know I'm hurting Kris too. I didn't know who else to ask so I asked Kris for help, and by doing that I also hurt somebody besides Kris and Myungsoo- I hurted Tao too. He doesn't know that Kris and I aren't really together. I can tell Tao likes Kris a lot, but Kris hasn't noticed it yet. Maybe after this is over, I can help Tao.

" Sir, you have someone who would like to see you." My secretary called me, and I jumped a little bit when she did.

" Who is it?"

" It's your brother." I got a little bit nervous when she said that it was my brother. I have to let him in though or he would never leave.

" Let him in." I heard the door open and looked up to see hyung. I smiled at him but I didn't receive a smile back. I walked up to him and motioned for him to sit across from me.

" I have something to ask you."

" What is it?"

" Why? I know you don't like Kris like that. You shouldn't be hiding these sort of stuff." My head lowered when he said that. I shook my head.

" Sungyeol, I'm your brother. Please tell me! I'm worried about you! I can tell you haven't got any sleep or ate! Myungsoo is the same too!" My head snap when he said Myungsoo.

" He is being like that too? Haha, why would he be?" I couldn't believe Myungsoo being so distressed like that. He never would.

" I don't know why because he hasn't said anything to us either! I'm worried for the both of you." I laughed at the thought of Myungsoo being like that. He shouldn't even be like that at all!

" I can't tell you hyung! I just can't!"

" And why not! Tell me Sungyeol! TELL ME!" I can tell he was losing his patience, but at the same time I was losing mine. Before I knew it the words had already left my mouth.

" IT'S BECAUSE I LOVE HIM! IT'S BECAUSE I LOVE HIM THAT I HAVE TO PROTECT HIM!"  Everything went silent after that. I clasped my hand over my mouth, and before I knew it tears were already falling.

" Sungyeol, come here." I walked over to Hoya-hyung's arms and silently cried into his shoulder. This was the second time I cried like this in front of him. The first time was when our parents died.

" Shh. Don't cry okay? You are going to make me cry." He brought my head up and wiped away my tears. " Now tell me why you have to protect him." I shook my head.

" I can't hyung. I'm afraid if I did, you would get hurt too. I can't put any of you in danger." He hugged me again and I let him. Hoya-hyung's hugs were just like dad's hugs- warm and fatherly.

" I won't pressure you to talk to me, but you have to know I will always be here. Always, no matter what because I'm your brother. Also Sunny-noona would probably get mad at me too if I didn't." We both laughed at what he said and stood up. I wiped away the remaining tears with me sleeve. Just then I got a call. I walked over to my desk and looked at the caller ID- it was Sunggyu-hyung. 

" Sunggyu-hyung? Is there something you need?"

" M-Myungsoo......h-he hasn't......" I dropped my phone and I fell onto my knees.

" Sungyeol! What's wrong!?" When Hoya-hyung knelt down to me, I grabbed onto his arms.

" M-Myungsoo......h-he is......"

" What? Did something happen to Myungsoo!?"

How is it possible? How? I thought if I broke ties with him, nothing would happen! Why though? God dang it! Why! Myungsoo.......I can't lose you too!

I stood up, ran outside, and I was about to call for a taxi but Hoya-hyung pulled in front of me. I got in and we drove to the Kim's house. I clutched my heart over my heart as he drove. It was beating like crazy and I felt like I was going to die from a heart attack. All I can do was pray, pray that nothing happened to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo, I love you.

----------------------------------------------------------

Two hours before........

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I didn't know that I slept till the rest of day, and when I saw Sungyeol walking to the car, I bolted out there. I called out his name, but he ignored me- the one thing I was afraid of. After that I went back to get my bag and left the school. I didn't feel like going home just yet so I walked to the park. It was the only place I felt like I could some fresh air and peace. I needed some time to think to myself without being around people.

Once I arrived at the park, I got a bottle of water, and sat down at a bench. Every few mintues I would take a sip, and then just watch the people that pass by. I had my headphones on so I was able to drown out the nosies from the outside. I didn't need any other disturbances right at this moment. I had my camera with me so I decided to look through the pictures.

There were pictures of Sungyeol and I messing around. There was one picture of us sticking out tongues out each other and I couldn't help but laugh. Then there is one of laughing next to each other. Dongwoo-hyung must have done something funny. I landed on the one that Sungjong took. My heart was beginning to beat faster and faster as I remembered that day. When Sungyeol brushed my hair away, my body was feeling all warm then got hot. I thought something was wrong with me, but I never figured out what. My eyes landed on my favorite one though- it was the one of Sungyeol doing a heart sign as I took a picture. I want that heart to be directed at me.

Wait......Did I just say I want that heart directed at me? W-Why? Is it because I like him? N-No it can't be! He is like my best friend! I can't just suddenly like him all of a sudden. Right?

Just then all of these memories of him flooded through me. The first day he came here I remember raising my hand happily. Then I remember when I punched him because he made Sungjong sad, but deep in my mind I felt guilty. Also the day when I found out who Lee Sungyeol really was, I guess secretly in my heart I was happy because I got to know more about Sungyeol. Then the night when he cried out his eyes when he told the story of his parent's death. Even though he doesn't know it, I was crying inside my heart. The day when I was slapped by Sungyeol; now I remember that it felt like my heart was torn into two. Though the nights when Sungyeol would come crawling into my bed because he would have nightmares of his parents death made me feel special. I got worried when he got sick, and the time when we saw the fireflies. I was glad only him and I got to see that because it got etched into my memories. Then the day when he practically drowned, I almost died. I thought I was going to lose him- just like my nightmare of him in a pool of blood as I held him. When I gave him mouth-to-mouth, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I like........No, I loved the feeling of my lips on Sungyeol's lips.

I-I love the feeling of Sungyeol's lips? I like him......No, I love him.......I love Lee Sungyeol. I can't believe I never realized it until now! Everyday, everynight I spent with him, I didn't notice my feelings for him were growing. I love him. I love you, Lee Sungyeol.

With that thought in my mind, I stood up from the bench. I noticed it got dark all of a sudden, and I was about to run to Sungyeol's place, but I felt somebody hit me in the head. Everything was going black as I fell to the floor. Before my eyes closed I saw somebody standing in front of me, but I wasn't able to move. Then everything went black as I was being dragged away.

Is it too late? Is it too late for me? Sungyeol......I love you......

 

 

 

 

(A/N: OH NO! WHAT HAPPENED TO MYUNGSOO! And finally Myungsoo realized his feelings! FINALLY!!!! Also I have this other fic I just started so please have a look at it! Thanks for reading! I hope you comment! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/250386/dancing-butterflies-dongwoo-hoya-myungyeol-sungjong-woogyu-yadong   - the main couple is Yadong! Includes Woogyu, Myungyeol, and Sungjong paired up with somebody else!)