Ch. 46- To Protect You

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

I tossed around the bed as I woke up. I don't really remember what happened last night but having that horrible nightmare. The thought of having Sungyeol in my arms like that scared me to death. Seeing him lifeless like that made me cry to the point where I don't know what I was saying. I remember a voice though, I remember hearing somebody calling out for me. Then when I fell back asleep there was warmth around my whole body. The person was speaking sooth words into my ears as I fell alseep. I felt safe to be more exact, and my tears finally stopped falling.

I finally had the energy to at least open my eyes, and when I did I saw Sungyeol sleeping next to me. I gasped when I realized what I thought I dreamt actually happened. Sungyeol was the one calling for me as I cried, and he was the one who said those soothing words to me. Slowly, I brought my hand to his face and caressed his face afraid of waking him up. He stirred a little when my hand touched his cheek, and he groaned. I laughed at him because of the face he made, and I continued tracing his face with my fingertips. The last place my fingers touched was his lips, and I immediately pulled them away. I didn't know why, but I felt a bolt of electricity surge through my body.

As I was about to get up, Sungyeol started to wake up. He got up from his lying position was now sitting. One side of his shirt was falling off so it was practically showing his bare shoulder. He had bed hair but the thing is - it looked attractive. The drowsiness in his eyes made him look adorable, but the way he looked entirely was.....seducing? All I know is that I had to get off the bed before it was too late. I was going to get off, but he grabbed onto my wrist. I turned around to see him with a concerned expression.

" Myungsoo-ah."

" Hm?"

" Are you better now?" I nodded my head, and his concerned expression was now happy. " I'm glad to hear that. Well, I'm going to get ready for school." Sungyeol got off, and I just sat there on my bed.

Sungyeol......What is he doing to me?

After a few minutes of just sitting there dumbly, I got off and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and got my uniform on. When I got downstairs I noticed Sungyeol wasn't done yet. So I decided to make breakfast for us. I got out a couple of eggs, sausages, and put toast into the toaster. Then I started to cook the eggs and sausages, and by that time Sungyeol was already making his way downstairs.

" Are you making breakfast?"

" Yep! Eggs, sausages, and toast this morning. Doesn't it sound good!?" I heard Sungyeol hum in approval, and I couldn't help but blush.

" Myungsoo."

" Yeah?"

" Why were crying?" I closed my eyes because I didn't want to imagine my nightmare again.

" I just had a nightmare."

" Oh...."

" Sungyeol?"

" Hm?"

" Thank you." I lowered my face a little bit because I didn't want him to see me blushing.

" I just couldn't leave you crying like that. You scared me, really you did, and the only thing I could do at the moment was to comfort you. I'm glad you are better at least. It pains me to see you crying like that."

And it hurted for me to see you bleeding in my nightmare like that.

" It's just.....I had a nightmare, and it scared me to death. I felt so much pain from it that I guess I couldn't keep hold it anymore." I finished cooking the eggs and sausages, and I placed them both on a plate. Then I placed the toast on the two plates and put strawberry jam on both of them. I placed them both on the the table, and I was about to sit down until I felt a pull on my hand. I didn't expect to pulled into a hug though.

" There will be times where I can't comfort you because you have nightmares, but please don't cry. Please." I nodded my head that was placed against his chest. I could hear his heart beating very fast, and my body started to feel all warm. Though it disappeared once he let me go.

" Let's eat shall we?" Sungyeol sat down, then I did, and we began to eat. We talk about random things, talk about the Woogyu and Yadong couple, and we decided to try work on our project tomorrow since it was the weekend.

After we finished our breakfast, we headed to school. The drive there was comfortable, and the both of us played games on each other's phone. We would laugh when one of us die, mess up, or when we are successful. Truthfully, I like these moments between us, but I had this scary feeling in me. I had a feeling that this was going to disappear soon, but I didn't know when or how. Even though Sungyeol and I are friends, I was scared that something or somebody will try to separate us.

We finally made it to school, and we walked to our class together. First though, I had to go to my locker and get some of my books. Sungyeol was standing next to me as I opened my locker, and when I did something fell out. I picked it from the floor, opened the little note, and read it. My eyes grew wide as I read it. I could feel Sungyeol nudging me at what was wrong with me. Then he took the note out of my hand and crumpled it. I was still in a daze as Sungyeol walked away, and I had to run to catch up with him. The only thing that was running through my mind though was what the note said.

" You're next." Why me? What did that note mean? For some reason though, it set off Sungyeol's mind.

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I walked off without even realizing it. When I read the note, my mind and body just took off on its own. I thought he would have stopped sending notes by now, but it seems like he hasn't. After school is over, I will research about this Kim Donghyun. Something about him just sets me off, and everything that he has done up till now has made me angry. He is hurting innocent people that have nothing to do with our past. I don't get why he is blaming me for his dad's jail time, but now I need to know why before things get out of handle.

When I sat down in my seat, I just felt tired. I was alright this morning, actually I was happy, but then that little note just had to ruin it. Back to this moring, I can't believe I hugged him like that. I'm not much of a person who likes skinship, so I was quite surprised when I initiated the hug. My body felt warm though and I can't deny that. Just being around him is making it harder for me to let him go, and right now I can't have him involve with any of my problems. If he gets involved......then I can't forgive myself, especially if he gets hurt.

I heard the teacher come in, but decided to ignore them, and just fell asleep. I felt something placed over my body, and I fell asleep right away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

During break between classes.......

 

Once class was over, I walked out of class before Myungsoo, and headed to the music room. Since there wouldn't be anybody there at this moment, it would be the perfect place to make a call. I looked into the room making sure nobody was in there, went inside, and made sure nobody saw me go inside as I closed the door. I walked towards the corner of the room, and took out my phone. The person who I called was an acquaintence of mine who is good at getting information of others.

" Lee Joon, I need your help."

" What do you need?" He added a yawn at the end of his sentence, and I just shook my head.

" Were you taking another nap?"

" Yep! Now, what do you need?"

" I need you to look up Kim Donghyun for me. Anything that you find will be good for me. I will pay too of course."

" Hmm.....As long as you pay that's fine. I will send you any info I find about him as soon as possible."

" Alright, thanks."

" No problem." The line went dead and I put my phone back in my pocket. The bell was going to for the next class so I ran to my next class as fast as I could. I was able to make right when the bell rang, and I got a weird look from Myungsoo.

" Where did you go? I was waiting for you."

" I had to make a business call."

" Oh, okay then." It seemed like he bought it.

Class started right when the teacher walked in but whenever I looked over at Myungsoo, he was looking at me during the whole time. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable, but I was happy because he was looking at me. I felt my cheeks getting warm so to make sure didn't know the blush on my cheeks, I actually paid attention in class. He wouldn't stop looking at me so I kicked his chair.

" Yah! Stop staring at me!" I whispered at him, and he just stuck out his tongue at me. I rolled my eyes at his childness, but secretly I was smiling inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------

At the office......

 

After school was finished I went to work, and once I entered my office I got a call from Joon.

" Did you find anything?"

" Yep I did! Let's see. Kim Donghyun: student, works at a café, dad was businessman or actually a CEO of a company but then it fell, mom is a jewerly designer, has twin brothers, and a little sister. Get this though: the little sister, Kim Namjoo, is blind. Also she is also a patient at your guy's hospital- Lee Hospitals."

" Is that all you have?" I was getting even more and more curious as he kept on feeding me information.

" Nope, I'm not even finished yet. Apparently, their mom left them because of their what happened to the dad. Right now she is living in France while her children are living here. Selfish isn't she?" I scoffed at the idea of how a mother could leave their own children.

" S-Sungyeol." Joon was stuttering and this was the first time I have heard him do that.

" What's wrong?" I was getting scared now because I had this bad feeling rushing through my body.

" The dad.............He was the one who k-killed your p-parents." I almost dropped my phone but I gripped onto as tight as I could. I was speechless as the truth finally sunked into me. I fell down to my knees and the only thing that brought me back to my senses was Joon calling out my name.

" Sungyeol! Sungyeol are you there!?" I struggled to get myself back together as I tried to stand up.

" Y-Yeah I'm here."

" You told me that he has been threatening to hurt the people important to you right?"

" Yeah."

" What if he, well, tries to kill them too?" I was empty of words. I didn't want to see another image of people who are important to me, especially with blood pouring out of their bodies.

" I will stop him."

" I see. Sungyeol?"

" What?"

" There's still more."  I sighed at the thought of more things of him. " Okay say it."

" It seems like the dad left an inheritance for the oldest son- Kim Donghyun. The other siblings don't get anything unless something happens to the Donghyun-sshi. Also his sister......hasn't got surgery for her eyes yet."

" How old is she?"

" She is 13 years old." I sighed once again.

" I see. Is there anything else?"

" No, but if I find anything else I will call you right away."

" Thank you, Joon."

" No problem. And Sungyeol.....be careful."

" Yeah I will."

I placed my phone on the desk, and I went to sit on the couch. I placed my head in my hands, and sighed in frustration. Everything came rushing to me like a train, and like before I couldn't catch it. My body felt like it was going to collapse when I found out the person who killed my dad was Donghyun's dad. All this time he was getting revenge was because his dad was put into jail because of the murder of my parents. To think that he had to go through that as a child, but what could have been done? Donghyun-sshi shouldn't be doing these sort of stuff! Isn't he afraid of ending up just like his dad!? I was getting tired of thinking, and went to my desk again. Then I thought of something and called Sunny-noona.

" Noona?"

" Oh, Sungyeol-ah! This is rare for you to call me! Did you need something?"

" I need you to look up a patient for me. Her name is Kim Namjoo." It went silent for a few minutes, and then she finally spoke up.

" Why?"

" Please noona.....Please do this for me." I heard her sigh from the other end. I knew she was probably wondering why I was asking her to look up a patient for me, but I needed to do this.

" Alright. I don't know why you are having me look up a patient for, but it better be for something good."

" Thanks noona."

" Anything for my little brother." I hung up and put the phone back on the desk. Then thoughts began running through my head once again, and my head started to hurt.

What if the others get hurt? What if my family gets hurt by him? I would be left alone with nobody to talk to, be around with, and nobody to be with me. The note Myungsoo got earlier said he was next. What if Myungsoo gets hurt? I can't let that happen to him! I can't let the person I love get hurt! I'm going to need help on this one.

I picked my phone and dialed a number. I didn't expect to call this person for help, but right now he was the only one I could think would help me.

" Hello?"

" Sungyeol?"

" I need your help."

" Help? Is there something wrong?"

" I need your help......" I need to protect him.

" Sungyeol! Tell me what's wrong!"

" I-I need your h-help." I was already starting to cry. I fell down to my knees, and cried into the phone. The tears wouldn't stop falling no matter how many times I wiped it away.

I need to protect him. I need to protect Myungsoo.

 

 

 

(A/N: I have 121 suscribers! I'm so happy and I have over 10,000 views on this story! All of you guys are amazing! Thank you for suscribing and reading this fic!)