Ch. 55- Together Forever

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

It's the night before the wedding. Ever since the day when I took Sungyeol out for the whole day, he has avoided me since then. He hasn't been at school because he has been busy organizing the wedding. I miss him so much. It's like a part of my heart was ripped out and it won't ever be replaced. Now, my heart is bleeding and the only person who can stop it is Sungyeol. Tonight he isn't coming home because he is staying at the hotel where the wedding is going to be at. When I watched him leave the place with a suitcase, I wanted to run over to him to stop him. My body froze up, though. All I did was watch him walk out the door without looking back.

Now, here I am, on my bed looking at the ceiling. The only source of light was the moonlight peeking through the curtains. In that light showed the glass dove and raven keychains. I reached over to my desk and grabbed them. Sungyeol gave me back his keychain, but I kept on telling him to keep it. He didn't want to because he said there are too many memories. I lifted them up to the moonlight and then my eyes widen to what I saw inside- two halves of a heart. In the glass raven and dove there were halves of a heart. Each of them had half a heart, and I put them closer to each other- it made one whole one. I started to cry and laugh in irony. To actually think that inside of these were hearts. I can't believe that I didn't notice it earlier.

" I'm such a fool. Why didn't I notice it earlier?"

I placed my arm over my eyes and let the tears fall freely. The thought of Sungyeol marrying somebody else makes me want to puke. I can't stand seeing him with somebody else. I don't want him to go marry somebody just because of some stupid business contract. Sungyeol should be able to marry whoever he wishes to marry. In my heart I wish that I was that person whoever claims his heart. If only I had reached a bit earlier, maybe I could have Sungyeol in my arms now. Holding him while he is sleeping, kiss him when we wakes up, and enjoy the day being in each other's presence. That is only my wishful thinking.

I turned so I was on my side and I saw the suit I was going to wear tomorrow handing on the closet. When Sungyeol went shopping for a suit, I went along with him, and did he look amazing. It was a suit as white as the first snowfall. I had no words to describe him as he wore that suit. I was speechless as I saw his beauty, but that beauty was marrying somebody else. When Sungyeol went to change back to his clothes, I had to go use the bathroom and wash away the tears that were going to fall. I regretted that I saw him in that because it only brought pain to my heart. Sungyeol said Suho-sshi was going to wear a plain, black suit, like mine. Sungyeol and I would look perfect next to each other then.

It was now midnight and I had to get up early. I didn't want tomorrow to come, though. I want to go back in time and realize my feelings for him sooner. If I didn't fall in love with Sungjong, would I be where I am now? If I had woke up sooner, then I would have been able to stop Sungyeol from going to China. Soon, Sungyeol won't be living here anymore and will be living with Suho-sshi. I will have to leave behind this place and go back home. Every second I spent here is precious for me. From the fights we have to the lovable moments, I cherish them so much. They are the best memories I have had in such a long time. I wish I could make some more, though.

My body was feeling tired all of a sudden and my eyes started to close. Right before I closed my eyes to go to sleep, I imagine Sungyeol standing right in front of me. He came closer and placed a kiss on my forehead, and I smiled. I know this is all in my head, but I want to hold onto him as much as I can. After a few minutes, I went to dreamland.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning.........

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

Who is calling me so early in the morning?

" Hello?"

" Yah! Kim Myungsoo! It's 11 o'clock already! Hurry and get your over here!" I looked at my clock and jumped off the bed. I hung up and threw my phone on the desk and ran into the bathroom.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and styled my hair as I best as I could. Once I made sure I looked good, I ran to my closet and took my suit off the hanger. I put the white button-up shirt on, then my black pants, suit jacket, and then the rest. After I was done tying my tie, I picked up my phone, but then I knocked my bag down that was hanging on the chair. Something fell out and I picked it up. It was the photobook that Sungyeol constructed for our project.

" I want you to look at that when you have time. I'm sure you will understand what Sungyeol's true feelings." That's right! I forgot that I didn't look through the photobook yet. I guess since I have time I can look through it quickly.

As I opened the photobook, there was a page that said, ' To my friends, my family, and the person who I love.' My curiousity grew as I read the part of the person who I love. In this photobook shows the person he loves. I hesitated flipping to the next page because I was afraid to find out who the person he loves is. I have to do this, though, because if I didn't then I will just leave myself in the dark forever. After I prepared myself, I flipped the page. The first page was all seven us by the beach. Another one is where we are all sitting at the lunch table and laughing at something. I guess Dongwoo-hyung must have told a joke or something.

My fingers continued flipping through the pages and then I noticed there was a lot of pictures of me. There was also quite few of Sungyeol and I too, but there was a lot of me. I haven't seen these pictures before, I didnt even notice he took pictures of me. Then I landed on the picture of ' To my friends,' then the page of ' My family,', and finally the page of ' The person I love.' I brought my hand over my mouth as I saw the last picture- it was of me when Sunny-noona had the family dinner. The picture was of my side and the sun was reflecting on me. This was when we were in the garden and where we made up. Why? Why didn't he tell me sooner? Tears began to fall as I realized who Sungyeol truly love. I dropped the photobook on the floor and ran out of the place. I ran to the car and quickly go into it.

" Hurry! We have to make it before it starts!"

Please wait for me Sungyeol! I'm coming to get you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the wedding......

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I was in the changing room, and waiting for somebody to come out. The others were here sitting with me too. They were talking but I didn't participate because I was waiting for somebody. I was waiting for Myungsoo to barge through the doors and take me away from here. He hasn't come yet, and now I don't know if he will even come. The hole in my heart was getting bigger as time got closer and closer. When I saw Suho-sshi this morning, it looked like he didn't get any sleep. I felt sad and guilty that I had to put Suho-sshi through this. I can tell he has somebody else in his heart, but what can we do? It has already been decided that we were going to get married or else the contract between the companies won't go through. Life really .

" Sungyeol, are you okay?" I turned around to see Hoya-hyung standing next to me. I nodded and smiled at him.

" I have felt better. I will be okay, though. Don't worry about me."

" I'm here for you, don't ever forget that."

" I know. Thank you for everything." I hugged hyung and he hugged me back. Then he whispered into my ear and I could feel the tears b on my eyes.

" Myungsoo will come. You know he loves you a lot, right? He will come for you." I pulled away and silently thanked him. He went back to the others and at the same time Kris came inside with Tao.

" Well, I guess I have to say congratulations even though I really don't want to."

" Yeah, I guess." Kris hugged me too and I hugged him back.

" I don't want to see you like this. I tried fighting to get your heart, but I guess it already belongs to somebody else. I don't want to be the bad guy and try to steal your heart. Promise me, that no matter what, you have to follow your heart. Understand?"

" I promise."

" Good. I will see you in the reception hall then. Let's go, Tao." Before they left, Tao came over me and took my hand.

" I hope you will find eternal happiness."

" I hope you do too."

" Tao!" He bowed to me and left with Kris. Then the others started to leave and they each gave me a hug. In just a minute I was by myself in this room. The door opened once again, and somebody was here to get me.

" Sungyeol-sshi, it's time." I sighed and grabbed my bouquet. It was my favorite flowers- a colorful assortment of roses and in the center of the bouquet was the yellow rose with red tips.

" I'm coming." I exited the room and slowly walked to the hall.

Right before I entered, I stopped. From where I was standing, I could see the others way up in the front but the spot next to Sunggyu-hyung was still empty. Myungsoo really wasn't coming, he wasn't coming for me. Tears were threatening to fall, but I couldn't cry at this point. I have to face reality as I took a step at a time. The music started and I started walking forward to my new life. The people on the side of me were smiling like there was no tomorrow, and right in front of me I saw the other's expressions. I could tell they wanted to do something, but at this point it was useless. Then Suho-sshi and I made eye contact and we saw each other's sadness. In a minute I was right next to Suho-sshi as the pain in my heart wouldn't disappear.

I didn't listen to the pastor as he talked about marriage stuff. I wasn't even paying attention to what was happening around me until somebody's phone went off. I looked to see who it was and I was Sunggyu-hyung. He quickly ran out of the place and went to who knows where. It seemed like it was important, and I just wanted to run out of here with him too. I guess life really .

" If there is anyone who objects to this union; please speak now or forever hold your peace."

Myungsoo, where are you? Are you truly not coming? I-I want to see you so badly.

" If there is none, I will continue. At this time, I’ll ask you, Suho, and you, Sungyeol, to face each other & take each other’s hands." Suho-sshi grabbed my hands.

" Suho, will you take Sungyeol to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

" I do."

Myungsoo, where are you? Please, I want to see you once last time.

" Sungyeol, will you take Suho to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to say anything. All I wanted was to be with Myungsoo right now. All that was on my mind was Myungsoo, Myungsoo, and Myungsoo!

" Sungyeol-sshi?" The pastor called out for me and I sadly looked at Suho-sshi. I sighed and prepared myself for what I was going to say.

" I-"

" Wait! Don't you dare finish that sentence Sungyeol!"

My body froze when I heard that voice. I didn't want to believe it at all. I was afraid that if I turned around it would be a figure of my imagination. I couldn't help myself, though. Slowly, I turned around to see a breathless Myungsoo. He was getting closer and closer to me. Then he took my hand out of Suho-sshi's hands and yanked me away from him. My eyes grew wide as I noticed how Myungsoo was. I could feel the tears starting to fall as Myungsoo gripped onto my hand tighter. Then he turned both of us around and yelled out to the audience.

" This person here, Lee Sungyeol, I will be taking him away from him. I'm sorry, but I can't let him be with anybody else than me! Now, if you will excuse me, I have to take Sungyeol away from here." Before Myungsoo could drag me away, I walked towards Lay-sshi and grabbed his hand. I led him to Suho-sshi and joined both of their hands.

" I hope you two will find eternal happiness." They both looked at each other and then me.

" Thank you, Sungyeol-sshi." I smiled at the both of them and then I was harshly dragged out of there. Myungsoo and I ran to the car as fast as possible and got in.

" Please, take us to the villa." I turned around and face with Myungsoo with a confused look. Instead of saying something, Myungsoo pulled my head down to his shoulder. Then he put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer.

" I want to be alone with you where nobody else will disturb us. Why don't you sleep on the way there? I know you are really tired. Don't worry, I won't dare leave you." All I could do was nod my head and let myself fall into slumber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the villa........

 

" Wake up, Sungyeol. We are here." I opened my eyes and looked around at my surroundings. I thought I might have been dreaming things because Myungsoo really did come for me. I reached out for his hand and he took mine. He helped me get out of the car and we walked to the villa.

" How about you go change your clothes?"

It seemed like Myungsoo brought two bags of clothes for us. He must have prepared this or something. I grabbed my bag and went to the bedroom. I quickly changed into casual clothes and went back to the living room. Myungsoo was in the kitchen and it looked like he making something. Honestly, I was really hungry since I didn't have an appetite to eat anything this morning. Then I realized something, how could there be food in the fridge especially when we take out the food when we leave?

" Wait. Where did you get the food?"

" H-Huh? Oh, I called Sunny-noona earlier and asked her if she could send somebody to restock the fridge for a few days."

" Y-You did what?" Myungsoo came over, lifted me up, and placed me on top of the counter.

" How about you just watch me cook. Okay?"

" O-Okay. It smells good."

" Thanks." Myungsoo was making spaghetti and it smelled amazing. Then Myungsoo lifted the spoon up to me to taste the sauce. Happily, I took a bite and smiled.

" Tastes great." I gave him a thumbs up and he laughed. I missed seeing that smile so much. It's as if Myungsoo is my life and I need him to live. After a while, the spaghetti was finally done. I helped out set the table outside and placed the plates and utensils out. Then Myungsoo came out and placed the spaghetti on our plates and I took a bite before he could sit down.

" It seems like somebody is really hungry." I pouted and pointed my fork at Myungsoo.

" I haven't ate anything since last night!"

" Haha! Okay, okay! Put your fork down before you poke somebody in the eye with that." He stuck out my tongue out at him and we ate in silence. Every now and then Myungsoo would wipe off the sauce from my face, which makes me blush like mad. I was going to put away our dishes after we ate, but instead Myungsoo grabbed my hand and we walked down to the lake.

As we were walking down to the lake, the fireflies started to come out. I didn't even notice it was that late until the fireflies came out. They were making a path for us as we slowly walked down to the lake. As the lake came into view, I saw gold lights on the lake- they were fireflies as well. Myungsoo sat me down and he sat down next to me. He let go of my hand and I was disappointed. I wanted to hold onto his hand a little bit longer. We sat in silence as we watched the fireflies dance about on the lake. Just then a hand flew right in front of my face, and then the hand opened. A firefly gracefully flew off from his hand and came close to me. I could feel it touch my nose and it tickled a little bit. Just then Myungsoo grabbed my hand but this time he intertwined our fingers.

" Sungyeol."

" Y-Yeah?"

" Can you listen to me unti the end." I nodded even though I knew it was dark and he couldn't see me.

" Sungyeol, I'm sorry for being late on everything. I didn't notice I caused you so much pain. While I was dating Sungjong, I didn't ask about how you truly felt about it. I would get jealous easily when you hung out with other people that I didn't know. Whenever you were hurt, I wanted to beat up the person who inflicted pain to you. The night when you told your past to me, I was truly happy because you opened your heart to me. Then the day you were up for bidding, I couldn't let anybody else have you but me, though I didn't realize that. When we found out that you were Yeol and I was Soo, my heart skyrocketd, and the fireflies dancing around us was ingraved into my heart and mind. I cried my eyes out when you said you wanted to break the marriage contract and that you were going out with Kris. At that time I really wanted to hit Kris for taking you away from me. After that I realized something; I couldn't live without you, you are my air. I couldn't let you get shot so I took the bullet for you. Then I finally realized your feelings for me when I saw the photobook. What I'm trying to say is that, I love you, Sungyeol. I love you."

I didn't notice I was even crying until he wiped away the tears. Immediately, I swung my arms around his neck and let more tears fall. I could feel his hands rub my back gently and I felt so happy. I felt like everything was given back to me and that all the puzzle pieces were finally found. Myungsoo then unlatched my arms and pushed me away a little bit. We looked into each other's eyes and then he kissed my right eye. Then my left, down to my nose, both of my cheeks, and then stopped at my lips.

" I love you, Sungyeol." I let those words sink into me once again before I replied. The words I have wanted to hear for such a long time has been finally said. The love of my life is finally mine. 

" I love you too."

Just like that Myungsoo closed the gap between our lips. I moved up to sit on his lap and placed my hands on his shoulders. Myungsoo caressed my cheek as we kissed and then moved to my waist. This kiss was filled with hope, desire, and most importantly....love. Then I swung my arms around his neck and kissed him some more. We didn't dare separate because this is what we had wanted, what we wished for, and maybe what we were destined for. I could feel tears fall from my face and the saltness of the tears mixed in with the kiss. My feelings were exploding, but at the same time my heart was finally settled down because now I know Myungsoo loves me. Eventually we had to tear apart from each from the lack of oxygen in our lungs. Myungsoo pressed his forehead against mine and we stared into each other's eyes. Myungsoo placed a quick but sweet kiss on my lips and I chuckled.

" What's so funny?"

" Nothing. I'm just happy that we are finally together."

" Me too." I turned around so I was sitting in between Myungsoo's legs. He placed his arms around my body, hugged me closer, and placed his head on my shoulder. I placed my hands over his and leaned back.

" Myungsoo."

" Hm?"

" Promise me something."

" Anything for you."

" Let's stay together forever."

" I was already thinking of that before you said it."

I let out a small laugh and we sat in silence. We stared at the lake as the fireflies danced on the lake. The way they were dancing was so beautiful and so mysterious. I guess that's what falling in love is like: it's so beautiful yet mysterious because you don't know what will happen next. As we watched the fireflies, I could feel my eyes closing on me. I didn't want to sleep, though. I wanted to stay awake and let this moment live on forever,but it didn't let me because soon I fell alseep in his arms.

" Sungyeol? Sungyeol, are you asleep? I guess you are. Goodnight, Yeol, my love."

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I carried Sungyeol bridal style into the villa. Then I walked upstairs to our room and laid him on the bed. I took off his shoes, cardigan, and took mine off too. I laid in bed next to him and threw the covers over us. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer to me. This moment, I didn't want to end. Even though tomorrow was going to come, I knew it was going to be okay because I have Sungyeol in my arms now. Forever, I will keep Sungyeol by my side forever and not let him go. I promise to love him forever.

" Sungyeol, I promise you that I won't ever let you go. I won't let harm come your way. I won't let you fall or get hurt, and I promise one last thing: to love you forever."

I kissed his forehead, both eyes, nose, and then his lips. Slowly, I was falling asleep and I knew that all of the tomorrows are going to be full of Sungyeol.

Thank you, Sungyeol. Thank you for coming into my life and falling in love with me. Also, I'm glad I fell in love with you. Let's be together forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: OMG! This is one long chapter! I'm sorry if it's too long for some people, but I just had to write it out. Well, I'm sure you guys are happy that Sungyeol and Myungsoo are finally together! There might be two more chapters, or the next one is the last chapter. I hoped you guys really like this chapter! I tried writing this chapter to the best of my ability! Comments are appreciated!)