That Holiday

I Can Protect You

 

Your Pov

 

Mid-year exam has ended and your school has given all of the students a 2 weeks holiday. You work as a day maid during the weekends. But you figured out since it’s the holidays, you might as well work full-time. You called the agency to see if there are any available spots for you to work. “Oh yes, you called just in time.” Your agent replied thru the phone. “I have a job for you to work as a maid for 2 weeks as it’s the child’s holiday. You’ll need to stay as the parents will be away and not really safe leaving the house to the kids. They just wanted to make sure the house is still in order while their away.” You thought about the offer. “How old is the kid?” you asked. “Hmm…if I’m not wrong their about your age. It’s easier for you to communicate with people around your age. So is it okay with you? They really needed one fast before they leave the country.” You agreed to the offer and were given the address of the place.  As you packed your stuff, Lynn sat on your bed giving you the puppy face. “What’s wrong?” you asked. “Damn! Why is it every time when I have plans for the both of us you will always need to spoil it?” Lynn pouted. “I’m really sorry but I really need the money. I promise I will spend lots and lots of time once I’m back alright? Just for two weeks, I promise.”  Once again, she looked at you with the puppy eyes. “Why not just let me go with you? You won’t get bored like this.” For a moment you thought about her suggestion. Although you also wanted to bring her, but your work was also important. You smirked and playfully pat her head, making her hair messy.

 

It’s the start of the holiday and you were getting ready to leave your house. You turned and look at your grandma and Lynn. “There’s still food left in the fridge. It should be enough for these 2 weeks. I will try my best to come back and see you. Take care!” You waved and they wave back. They didn’t want you to leave but knew you had work to do.  Your grandma, knowing that you had grown independent, was really proud of you as she watches you walk further and further away…

 

“Damn its bright!” you said to yourself. Although you were already wearing sunglasses and a hat, you still couldn’t take it. You tried looking for the house but the place was way too big. The sun was shining really brightly and you thought you mind go blind. You tried to look up and search for gate no.  531. Suddenly, you caught sight of a huge terrace house with glass windows that could see thru the living room.  You squinted and focus at the gate no. “Gate….5….3…..1. ugh great! Found you at last!” you rang the bell and were greeted by a tall and beautiful lady. She was wearing a blue strapless shirt and a black bandage skirt. She really looked very classic. “Oh hi dear,” she said with a sweet smile on a face. “You came. Thank you so much for accepting this job.” You quickly took of your sunglasses and hat and bow in respect. She brought you in and gave you a tour around the house.