so you don't want me?

I Can Protect You

 

Myungsoo pov

The distance to my house seems very far. I was tired, having to carry her on my back. But it was worth it. I just wanted her to rest for awhile. She duck her head in my neck, holding onto me tighter. I could feel her warm heavy breathing on the side of my neck. My heart skipped a beat. 'What was that? The feeling that just came to me?' I wondered. It was certainly a very weird feeling. I felt happy but anxious at the same time.

I turn my head a little and at the corner of my eyes, I could see her sleeping. I lean my neck to the other side to let her have more space and more air to breathe.
"I'm cold..." she mumbled.
"But I have no-" I look around. "There should be a convenience store around here."
Suddenly I heard bells ringing. I turn to the direction and saw an old man pushing a push-cart. I quickly walk towards him.
"Oh! Young man! You want sweet potato? It's hot, delicious and tasty!" he exclaimed.
"Can I have 3 please? Wrap it in a plastic bag. It's it going to keep warm?" I asked.
"Oh sure! Its best for a cold night like this." he tilted his body a little. "I see, is she cold?" he kindly asked.
"Yeah... I was hoping those would keep her warm." I replied.
The old man nodded and took 3 sweet potato and wrap it in the plastic bag. He then took ----------'s hand and gently place into it.
"Thank you so much! How much Is it?" I bowed a little.
"Oh no, it's okay. You must really love her a lot. Just treat it like a gift." he smiled.
"No, I can't... You... Wait what?" I frowned.
"Love her alot." he finished my sentence. "It's really rare to see how nice a guy like you. She must be really lucky. You two remind me of my wife." he winked and with that, he walk away.

"Love her?" I mumbled. I smirked and turn my head a little to her again.
"Better?" I asked. She nodded and again, fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~

We reached home and I was already out of energy. I put her on the sofa and stood there. Her pinkish cheeks, flawless skin and beautiful Lips. I didn't realized how long I have been staring at her until it struck me. "Aish!" I softly cried and smacked my forehead. 'Why was I doing that?' I thought. I look at her again, and this time I saw her sweating. I decided to wipe the sweat off her. I grabbed a piece of tissue and gently Kneeled next to the sofa. As my hands go closer to her, my heartbeat goes faster and faster. I was excited but nervous. I stopped and use my other hand to slap my hand. "Myungsoo!" I cried softly Again. "The the hell are you thinking you...AISH!"

I gave up and just went upstairs to grab a blanket and lay it on top of her. After one last glance at her, I turn to walk away. But as soon as I took a second step, guilt was on me. So should I clean her face or not? Finally, I decided. I went towards her, grab another piece of tissue and sat beside the sofa. I took up the 'courage' to gently reach to her and wipe the sweat off her face. I could feel butterflies in my tummy, flying around. My body weakened and my heart beat faster. Suddenly it came to me that today is the last day That she will be here before school reopen. Such a pity, when we are now finally closer to each other and she had to leave.

"Am I going to be able to talk to you like this again?" I asked. There obviously wasn't any reply as she was already asleep. "Are you going to take care of me again?" I gently my finger on her cheek. It was so smooth that it felt that my fingers were going to slip anytime. I smiled. My feeling was really somewhat messed up. I am happy that she's here and I don't want her to leave at all. Suddenly it struck me;

IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL : LOVE?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next Morning you woke up and found yourself on the sofa. Your head hurts and you felt lazy too. You look at your clothes. You gasped. The last thing you could remember was you were at the bar last night, having a drinking competition with myungsoo. You look around. 'where is he?' you wondered.

You went to the bathroom to bathe and look at the clock in the bathroom. 10.37am
You quickly came out and went into the kitchen to make breakfast for myungsoo. You look at the calendar. "Oh! I will be going home today!" you exclaimed. You almost forgotten about it. You turn to take to the readymade breakfast to the table when suddenly a figure frightened you.

"Lynn!!" you cried. "For goodness sake don't do that anymore!"
"Hey hey! You missed me?" she smiled.
"Of course and I'm going home today."
"That's why I'm here! But... Are you willing to leave?" she suddenly asks in a sad voice.
"Are you crazy? Of course I am!" I replied. My feeling was on cloud nine, finally able to get out of this house and from myungsoo.
"But... How about your boyfriend?"
"Boy what? Who?"
"Myungsoo, of course!" she cried.
You almost dropped the plate.
"Nonsense." you said
"Nope, I'm not. You two were soooooo close together and I bet you didn't know that he took care of you when you were Asleep. I saw everything~" she winked.
You put the plates on the table and look at her with your eyes wide open.
"You saw? What! What! Did he me?!" you anxiously shook her.
"Idiot! Of course not!!" she push you away. You heave a sigh of relief. Just then you heard footsteps coming down from the stairs.
"Oh ! I better go! Don't wanna become a lightbulb!" she hissed and the next moment you know, she disappeared.

He look at you while walking down the stairs. He gulped before greeting you with a smile. You smiled back and bowed a little. Upon seeing your innocent side, his heart skipped a beat. He pretended to be arrogant and sat on the chair. He took the plate and ate his breakfast. You were delighted to see him but didn't know what to say. You kept looking at him enjoying your food. For that moment you thought Its such a pity you had to leave. You really wanted to stay but you didn't know if myungsoo would like you to stay too. You were afraid that he might find you irritating. Further more according to Lynn, he took care of you yesterday. You always believed in Lynn so there was no way she's lying about this. You could feel butterflies in your tummy in the thought of him looking after you. You somehow felt awfully guilty about it. Another thing is you didn't know how to tell him that you are leaving today. You finally took up the courage and bravely said "I'm going off today. Right after your lunch I will pack my things an leave."

He looked up from him plate of fried egg and look at you for a moment. He gave you his death glare and then continued eating. "Whatever you want." he mumbled.
After hearing what he said you felt a little hurt. He certainly doesn't want you to stay, you thought.
"So... I will be up packing my stuffs." you told him and just walked away.

After you went upstairs, myungsoo turn to your direction. He put down his forks and lean back his head. He closed his eyes and gave out a depressed sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~

You were in your room doing a last minute packing. There wasn't alot of things so it was quite an easy packing. All you need to do was to double check, that's all. After you finished, you laid at your bed. That soft, comfy feeling that you are going to have for the last time. You shut your eyes, still thinking about myungsoo's reaction.
"Idiot..." you mumbled to yourself. "You probably want me out of the house already. Do you really hate me that much?"
~~~~~~~~~~

After myungsoo had his breakfast, he went up. He was about to enter his room when he saw you lying on your bed in your room. "Pttf, it's your last day so you are skiving huh?!" he whispered to himself.
He went into his room and slam his door shut. Upon hearing it, you quickly open your eyes and sat up. You look opposite and his door was closed. You pouted and look around your room, going every corner to have a last check.

Myungsoo on the other hand, sat on his chair of his study table. He Facepalm himself, thinking about the ignorant attitude he showed you just now. "So you really wanna leave, don't you?" he said sarcastically, although no one was in the room. "Fine, then I make sure you don't!" he smirked.