Truth revealed

I Can Protect You

 

Myung soo’s Pov

 

“So...Where are we going?” she ask. “To visit my grandpa of course.” I smile. We went to buy some flowers and went to the graveyard. It took us one hour to reach there and during that hour, we didn’t talk at all. It was an awkward silence.  I went to my grandpa’s grave and place the flowers in front of his tombstone. “It’s been 2 years since grandpa leave. I really miss him a lot, I really want to see him again.” I told her as I look at his tombstone. “Well, he’s always there.” She replied. “WHHAT?” I shouted, eyes widened. She quickly covered with her both hands. “Oh .” She mumbled. “I didn’t mean to scare you. I’m really sorry!”

I gulped. “So you really could see those thing?” I ask. She slightly nodded and pointed to a direction behind me. “There is your grandpa; he has been looking at you for the past few minutes.”

“Hah, dude, stop joking. It’s not funny.” I told her.

“I’m not. Look,” she replied, still pointing to the direction behind me. I turn and didn’t see anyone. I turn back to her but suddenly, I felt chills running down my spine. There was something behind me, I could somehow feel it. Suddenly, it felt cold around me. It scared the hell out of me and I screamed, unknowingly hugging ----------. I could feel her body was frozen. She was probably shocked by the way I acted. She lightly pushed me away and said “shh! You’re gonna wake them up!” she grab both of my shoulders and turn me around. Afraid of seeing things that I might not want to, I close my eyes. “It’s okay,” she whispered gently into my ear. Somehow, I no longer felt that scared after she told me this. I slowly open my eyes. There was nothing. “Your grandpa won’t hurt you. I assure you.  He is smiling at you. Just go to him, you’ll be fine. I promise you.” Her gentle words really touched me. She gently pushed me towards a direction.  I stopped and look back at her. She gave me a really lovely smile. Slowly, I could feel cold again. But it wasn’t the cold that I had before. It was much better this time. It was as thought someone was touching me.

We went back to the car and headed home. “Your grandpa said thanks. He was really glad you could visit him.” She said while looking out the window. “So you really could see ghost?” you asked. She simply nodded “I could see it ever since I was born. At first I was scared but I slowly got use to it. It’s not like every day I’ll see one.”

“Then the one you were always talking to in school…”

“That is my best friend. She’s Lynn.  She was murdered in this country 3 years ago and could not go back to her home in America. I found her crying every night along the streets. I talk to her and slowly we became closer.” She sighed as she leans back. “I’m really glad she moved on.”

I simply nodded. I really do not want to believe her but after what I have witnessed; it was much more obvious about the truth. Indeed, she could really see those things. I gulped.