The first step

I Can Protect You

 

 Myungsoo’s Pov

 

“Myungsoo ah~”

“Grandpa? What are you doing here? Wait aren’t you… oh my god! You’re dead!  Don tell me I can see ghost too?!” I cried as I tried running away but then…

I woke up from my dream, scratching my head. I was relieved that it was just a dream. I thought I could really see ghost. I got up from my seat, stretched and look at my drawing. I must have fallen asleep while drawing -------. But it was well drawn. It was already 10 in the morning and there was nothing to do today. I went to the toilet and clean up before going down. From the stairs I could smell the food and it made me really hungry so I rushed down. There, ---------- was cooking breakfast. She looks up as she place the plate on the table. “Breakfast is ready. Want some orange juice?” she asked. I nodded and sat down. There’s scrambled eggs and French loaf. Although it wasn’t a lot but it was enough for me and I started eating. She put the glass of orange juice and stood in front of me. I look at her “Well, you not eating?” She touches her tummy and shook her head. But obviously I knew she was lying. I could see that she wanted to eat but wouldn’t dare to say it. She wanted to walk away, when I grabbed her hands and pull her down to sit.  Her eyes widened. Her expression was kind of cute but I tried my best not to look at her. I continued eating while she just sat there, frozen. So I took a set of cutlery and a plate and place it in front of her.  I pointed towards the food and told her to take it. She looked at me surprised. “What?” I asked. She blinked a few times before slowly taking the scramble eggs and ate it. Throughout the meal, we were silent. I wanted to ask her about the rumors, whether it was real. But I didn’t know how to start.

 

The meal was delicious and I enjoy it. I look at ---------- who was enjoying her breakfast. “Uhm… is it ok if I ask you about the dead?” I asked and she looks up. “I dreamt about my grandpa lately. I don’t know why but it kind of freaks me out a little. Is he going to take me with him?”

“Ghost doesn’t do that in your dreams. Hmmmm,” she paused as she drank her water. “Most of the time when they appear in dreams, they do have intentions.” She looks at you and gave you a suspicious face. “You haven’t been visiting him, have you?” I shook my head. “Then maybe he wanted you to, that was why he appeared, if I’m not wrong.”  I frowned; she really does know a lot about ghost, doesn’t she. “If that’s the case, let’s go then.” I told her. I stood up and grabbed her wrist, pulling her with me. “Ugh wait but I haven’t,”

“Nah, you can do that later.” I interrupted. She quickly grabs the handle of the door and closes it. We walk towards my car, went in and drove off.