Chapter 7

Please Love me once again

Chapter 7

The Wedding Day

The wedding ceremony is held in a church which Sungmin’s family attend the Sunday mass ever since they shifted to Seoul. Today, the church is close for the wedding, only Sungmin’s parents, Sungjin, Hyorin’s omma and Dasom are present for the ceremony.

Hyorin look at herself through the mirror. She never imagined she could look this good with the help of her best friend – Dasom who did a transformation on her knowing her wedding date is near. Her wedding gown is bustier which reveal her half of her well developed bust line, the length of the dress falls nicely just above her knees and the Whiteness of the wedding dress provides a great contrast against her tanned skin. Her thick glasses is gone, replaced by Hazel colour contact lens, her usual dark black long lifeless hairdo is replaced by soft locks, dye in dark brown with a tint of copper highlight.

Hyorin: Dasom, thank you! I never thought I could look like this.

Dasom: You have always looked this good. It’s just that you hide it well.

Hyorin: You know, I was worried you can’t be here today. It’s my wedding and I really wanted you here to share my joy.

Dasom: I am here, come on, don’t be so emotional on this special day. And here, my wedding gift for you. You can’t open it yet.

Hyorin: oh wae? I love presents and I want to open it right away now.

Dasom: Unnie...

Hyorin: Wae? You have never called me “Unnie” for years. Didn’t we agree we are friends instead?

Dasom: I just feel like calling you “Unnie” today. Please be happy.

And Dasom lean forward to give a tight hug to Hyorin. They were interrupted by a knock on the door. It’s Sungmin’s omma.

Sungmin’s omma: Hyorin, you need to be ready outside.

Hyorin: Is Sungmin oppa here already?

Sungmin’s omma: Err...not yet. But he will be here on time for the ceremony.

Sungmin’s omma than left the room.

Dasom: Isn’t it weird that the groom is not here yet? And I have not seen him calling you or going out with you for the wedding preparations, even the gown...

Hyorin: Dasom, he is busy. And it doesn’t matter since I could handle it by myself. Moreover, you are around to help me too.

Dasom: Great, can’t wait to meet him personally today.

1 hour ago

Sungmin’s appa: Sungjin, give your hyung a call. I dare him not to appear today.

Sungjin: He’s not picking up.

Sungmin’s appa: CALL HIM TILL HE PICK UP!

Sungjin attempted his 5th try. Thank god, the phone was picked up.

Sungjin: Hyung! Yoboseyo?

Instead of his hyung’s voice on the phone, it was a lady that was on the other line. Upon hearing that, Sungjin quickly excused himself from the presence of his parents.

Sungjin: Who are you? And why are you answering Sungmin shi’s handphone?

The lady half asleep voice than told Sungjin to hold on and pass the phone to Sungmin.

Sungmin: Who is it?

Sungjin: Hyung! It’s me. Where are you?

Sungmin who is only half awake does not seems to have a clue of what day is today.

Sungmin: Ah...sungjin. Wae?

Sungjin: Har? Wae? You ask me “wae”? It’s your wedding today!

Upon hearing that, Sungmin become totally wide awake from shock.

Sungmin: Damn it! What time is it now? Sungjin, tell appa I am busy with a schedule and is on the way now.

Sungmin quickly hangs up the phone and starts salvaging his clothing which are scattered all over the hotel room’s floor.

Lady: Oppa, you are leaving me behind?

Sungmin: I need to leave. I have an account with the hotel, so you can just leave once you are ready.

Lady: Wait, will you call me again? We had a wonderful time last night, didn’t we?

Sungmin: You should know the rule of this game.

Sungmin reached the church 15mins before the ceremony, he quickly changed into the suit which Sungjin had prepared for him. In the dressing room, Sungjin decided to talk with his hyung.

Sungjin: Hyung, who is that woman earlier? Both of you together since last night?

Sungmin: Since when you want to interfere with my life like appa?

Sungjin: Hyung, I am not interfering. But you are getting married today, I don’t wish for Hyung-seo-nim to get hurt. No responsible man should hurt their wife.

Sungmin: I am not ready to be a responsible man yet, but appa think by getting married will make me a more responsible man. That's why I am standing here right now.

Sungjin: Hyung, appa did it for you own good.

Sungmin: arraso, I am suffering from a bad hangover. Let’s get over this quick.

As the “wedding march” starts to fill the church, Hyorin march in elegantly hooking her arms onto her omma’s. Sungmin who is standing at the altar turn to look at his wife to be.

“ Is she the same girl I met? She looks so different today?”

“She looks amazing and I never thought she could look this way”

Sungmin thought to himself as he looks at his lavishing bride who is walking down the aisle slowly to his side.

oppa, all these years I dream of this day. And I can’t believe this is happening”

“This is the happiest moment of my life and my life will be filled with happiness from this day onwards”

Hyorin thought to herself while walking towards her nightmare.

Hyorin’s omma: I am handing my princess to you.

Upon hearing the word “princess”, Sungmin felt burden. Burden by the fact, she is indeed someone’s precious daughter, what have he done or what can he do to shoulder huge responsibility? Unknowingly, he mumbled “ I will take good care of her” to Hyorin’s omma.

After the exchange of their vows and rings, the priest declares that Sungmin may now kiss the bride.

Sungmin: Bor?

Priest: Kiss the bride?

Sungmin have many encounters with women before, but to kiss this lady who is now his wife, he seems awkward and don’t know what to do.

Hyorin (whispering): oppa, lift up my veil.

Sungmin did as he was told. As soon as he lifted the veil up, Hyorin took the initiative and lean forward to plant a kiss on Sungmin’s lips.

After the wedding ceremony, both Sungmin and Hyorin got changed and were ready to head off for their honeymoon.

As all were sending the new couple off, Dasom pulled Hyorin aside and whispered to her.

Dasom: The gift, it will come in handy tonight. Trust me.

In Sungmin’s car

Sungmin: Why are you wearing this thick ugly glasses again?

Hyorin: The contact lenses are making my eyes so uncomfortable. And with all these make up, aish, it’s making my face so itchy.

As Hyorin is talking, she grabs a tissue and started cleaning her makeup off her face roughly.

Sungmin: Chincia, are you even a girl?

Hyorin: Oppa, I am bit tomboyish since young. But I am trying to be more feminine.

Sungmin: Whatever, it doesn’t concern me anyway.

Hyorin: Har? Oppa, what did you just say?

Hyorin stops her removal of makeup and turns towards Sungmin, with her squeaking eyes (since she can’t see well without her glasses), and one side of her false eyelashes is falling off. This sight really turns Sungmin off.

Sungmin: aish...I did not say anything. Just continue with what you are doing.

Hyorin: oppa, the resort I booked in Jeju is supposed to be ranked first in the whole island. Knowing your busy schedule, I gathered you can’t go far away for a honeymoon. So I took the initiative and decided on Jeju Island. But you will definitely like it, you can take a good rest when we are there. Did you finish your schedule very late last night? You seem tired. It’s really tough to be a celebrity, hope Dasom can take it well. You know, Dasom is my best friend and she is debuting next month. Since you are the sunbaenim in this industry, please guide her well in the future.

Hyorin went on talking nonstop, it took her a while to realise Sungmin is not responding and is looking straight at the road as he drive the car towards the domestic airport.

Hyorin: I am sorry. You must find me a nuisance for talking nonstop.

Sungmin: Glad you know.

Hyorin decided to stop talking during the journey as she does not want Sungmin to find her a nuisance. She turns and took occasion peeps at Sungmin, and she will giggle to herself still not believing she is his wife now and on the way for Honeymoon.

Soon they reach the airport.

Sungmin: We are here.

Hyorin: Oppa, are you not going to park your car?

Sungmin: Are you brainless?

Hyorin: Har?

Sungmin: You expect me to walk in the airport and board the plane together with you? Do you think we can still have peace tonight?

Hyorin: Oh ya, I didn’t think of that.

Sungmin: I will meet you in the plane later.

Hyorin off the car and carefully enter the airport afraid that they might have been spotted. As soon as Hyorin gets off the car, Sungmin drove off. While driving, he took off his wedding band and threw it into his car compartment.

Hyorin: Where is he? The plane is taking off soon.

Stewardess: I am sorry, but you can’t use your phone right now. The plane is taking off.

Hyorin: Can I get off the plane?

Stewardess: I beg your pardon? I am sorry, but you can’t.

Hyorin: Otteke?

The plane took Hyorin off to Jeju Island without her new husband.