Chapter 3

Please Love me once again

Chapter 3

Flashback to Nov 2011

Sungmin set off early one morning with Lee Teuk, they both have a meeting back in their entertainment company. When their van reached the car park of the building, one of their manager hyung was already waiting for them anxiously.

Lee Teuk: Hyung, what are you doing here? Has the meeting started? But we are not late?

Sungmin: Teuk Hyung, you keep going on and on, manager hyung don’t even have a chance to answer anything.

Lee Teuk: arraso, I will wait for hyung to speak.

Manager: Sungmin, today meeting is about a programme which will be broadcast during the lunar New Year.

Sungmin: And?

Manager: This is the list of celebrities who will be involved.

Sungmin took the list and together with Lee Teuk, they quickly run through the names.

Lee Teuk: Wait a moment, she....

Sungmin: I am ok with it.

Manager: You are sure?

Lee Teuk: Sungminnie, we will get another member to appear in this show.

Sungmin: Ani, Teuk Hyung, it’s by duty to attend variety shows too. Other members already have their own schedules. I can’t let my personal life rule over it.

Manager: Ok, than let’s go up. I have been living in fear ever since I know about you and Hyorin shi, if this information falls into wrong hands or our boss learns about it, we are all dead!

Other than Super Junior members, Dasom (member of Sistar), this manager who is their closest Hyung know about the past of Sungmin and Hyorin. It’s tough keeping such a huge secret from their companies, they have always thought when the time is right, they will reveal it accordingly. However, Sungmin and Hyorin relationship ended and Hyorin also debuted, thus this secret was further kept away.

During the meeting, they run through the concept of the programme. What’s make it more interesting is, all parties involved will not know who their partner is till the 1st day of filming.

Lee Teuk leans closer to Sungmin and whisper into his ear.

Lee Teuk: Why do I have a feeling that you will end up with her?

Sungmin: Sshh....

On the way to their next schedule, Lee Teuk can’t help but worry for Sungmin.

Lee Teuk: Sungmin ah, Hyung is asking you one last time, if you don’t want to do it, I can....

Sungmin interrupted Lee Teuk.

Sungmin: Teuk Hyung, I can do it. Trust me. I have met her so many times since she is also now an artist, there’s no way I can avoid her. Moreover, she may not be my partner.

Of course, Lee Teuk trusted Sungmin. But he can’t bear to see his dongseng going through something so painful. If he can, he always wanted to shelter s away from any pain. But in Sungmin’s case, he only can stand by him and be there if he ever needed him.

Sungmin had mixed feeling about this meeting. No doubt, they had seen each other on other programmes but it was never collaboration between just two of them. On one hand, he hoped is partner to be Hyorin, but also hoped it will not be. He will leave everything to fate.

On the other side, Hyorin had also just finished her meeting on the same programme. She too, had mixed feelings. She had always love Sungmin, and how is she going to handle her own feelings towards him if they are going to work so closely together?

“No, I need to turn down the show. I need to move on, I cannot let him realized I still have feelings for him!” Hyorin thought to herself while having her hair done. She than picks up the phone and called her manager.

Hyorin: Uni, about the show we discussed this morning....err...

Manager Uni: Wae?

Hyorin: I would like to turn down the offer.

Manager Uni: What? Do you know how much effort we put in to get you onto this show?

Hyorin: I know, I know but...

Manager Uni: But what? Do you know if this show is successful, you will be a permanent cast for the long run?

Hyorin: I am just worried I can’t handle it, with the drama and new album...

Manager Uni: We will arrange your schedule accordingly. Moreover, Hyorin ah, you are still consider a newbie in the industry, it will not leave a good impression if we turn down offer.

Hyorin: Arraso, don’t worry, I will do the show.

Hyorin, you can do it. Show it to him, you are no longer affected by him. He hurt you so much before, you must never show him your weaker side! Fighting!” Hyorin thought to herself after hanging up with her manager.

On the first day of filming, Sungmin have the chance to choose his preferred filming location. He immediately suggested the coffee house which is co-owned by his mother. This will be a great opportunity for him to visit his omma as well.

Sungmin reached earlier than the crew member and knowing his omma schedule, he knew exactly what time she will be in the shop. As soon as he saw his omma, he wanted to back hug her like what he used to do last time. However, ever since Hyorin made the decision to divorce Sungmin, his omma has been giving him the cold shoulders.

Sungmin: Omma.

SM’s omma: What are you doing here at such early hours?

Sungmin: I have scheduled a filming to be done here, so I came to make arrangements before the crew comes over.

SM’s omma: Is that so? I need to do some stocks ordering, you just help yourself around here.

Sungmin: Omma, how are you recently?

SM’s omma: I have never been fine these 2 years and you should know why.

Sungmin: Omma, you have not seen me for a while, can’t we have a good talk?

Sungmin’s omma indeed realized she has not sat down with her son for a long while, not to mention proper meals, they have not even have a proper coffee session for these 2 years.

SM’s omma: We will see how it goes after the filming, I really need to do my work now. Otherwise, the shop can’t operate with insufficient stocks.

By noon time, the crew had arrived. It was known that the PD had already draw lots to pair up the couples, but it will not be revealed to bring more reality to the show. Sungmin waited anxiously for his partner to arrive, he tried to calm himself by drinking the coffee that was served to him. But he gave up his coffee after a sip, and asked for ice lemon tea instead. His manager had noticed Sungmin is disliking coffee nowadays.

Manager: Wae? You used to drink at least 2 cups of coffee last time? But now...

Sungmin: Ani, I am just trying to cut down on caffeine. Hyung, any news on who is my partner?

Manager: No, the crew are determined to keep it as secret. Don’t worry, I purposely swop my schedule with another manager so I can be here with you. In case, anything happens.

Hyorin was also making her way to the coffee house. However, she is already aware who her partner is as soon as she was told where the location his. She had 100% confident she is able to handle the situation well. Soon, she reached the place, as she walk towards the coffee house, her heart beats faster.

When she entered the coffee house, she only saw the crew but not Sungmin.

“He is not here yet? As usual, always late and I need to wait for him. Wait, Hyorin, why are you allowing yourself to think about the past again?” Hyorin quickly slap herself lightly to prevent further silly thoughts.

All of a sudden, she heard someone called her name from behind.

SM’s omma: omo...is that my Hyorin?

Hyorin froze as she turned around to see Sungmin’s omma. Same time, she also notice the entire crew member stunned expression.

Sungmin seeing the situation from inside the staff rest room, quickly came out to ease the awkward moment.

Sungmin: Omma, we are doing a fliming right now.

Sungmin’s omma soon realized she was too overwhelmed by seeing Hyorin and forgetting the fact so many crew members were around. And she nearly let the cat out of the bag. She quickly turns towards to the PD and expresses her apologies.

SM’s omma: I am so sorry to interrupt your filming. But I am a big fan of Sistar, so I appeared to be rude. And Hyorin shi, I am so sorry for acting such.

Hyorin: No, please don’t apologize. You are my elder, I cannot let you do that.

They soon resumed filming, as professional artists and keeping their own promise, both of them carried out the filming smoothly. The first part of filming was over; they are given a short break before moving on to the next location.

Sungmin’s omma waited patiently, as soon as it was their break time, she finds the right moment to have a little chit-chat with Hyorin.  She have always dotes and love Hyorin as her daughter in law, even till today, she still regards her as part of the family. Maybe it’s out of guilt that her son treated Hyorin so badly in the past, she loved her even more now that they are divorce.

As they reached their next filming location, Sungmin managed to catch hold of Hyorin before they starts work.

Sungmin: How have you been?

Hyorin: As you can see now, I am doing fine.

Sungmin: I saw you a couple of times during music shows, but situation don’t allow me to talk to you. Hope you understand.

Hyorin: It’s fine with me. Anyway, I do not see what else we have to say to each other.

 Sungmin: The industry has very good comments on Sistar, especially your voice, it’s amazing, why is it I never realized before?

Hyorin: Well, you didn’t make an effort to know anything about me.

Sungmin: Hyorin, I know I did wrong in the past. If you can give me a chance, let me...

Hyorin: Sorry Sungmin Shi, if you want to make up to me, please don’t bother. It’s over between us, a meeting like today is just for work. In the future, we will not see each other than work related. Please excuse me, I need to get ready for the filming.

Hyorin proceeds to walk away from Sungmin but stop halfway, she turned around and told Sungmin.

Hyorin: Sungmin shi, if you do not have any objection, I would like to put up the apartment for sale.

Sungmin: For sale?

Hyorin: Wae? Or you have other better suggestions than leaving the apartment empty?

Sungmin: Ani, the apartment is yours, it’s up to you to decide.

After hearing Sungmin’s answer, Hyorin continue to walk her way. She could not stay for another seconds facing Sungmin, as she is already fighting desperately for her tears to stay in. As for Sungmin, she continued to stare at Hyorin’s back view as she walks further and further away from him.

“ She is always following behind me when we are together. Sometimes, I even forgot the fact she is with me. But why? Why is it now I wished for the moment to stay still when I am with her?” Sungmin thought to himself as he slowly sat himself down on the bench.