Chapter 18

Please Love me once again

 

Chapter 18
 
Hyorin stepped into their apartment, she looked at the bed and Hye Jung's words started flashing across her mind. 
 
"By the way, nice apartment you have here. So it's the bed, I enjoyed it."
 
Hyorin buried her head in her hands as she started screaming " argghhhhhh, this can't be true! How could he do that to me!"
 
She grabbed a scissors from the drawer and started cutting up the bed linen, she only stopped when she loses her balance while tearing up the bed sheets and fell to the floor. She cried miserably biting her fist hoping the pain can ease her heart pain.
 
Hyorin did not sleep the whole night. As the sun light peeks into her room, she avoided the glare as her eyes were sored with all the crying last night and when she stared at her own pathetic reflection in the mirror, she realised everything which happened last evening is not a dream but its a reality which keep slapping her all these while but she chose to ignore it.
 
She make her tired self to the office and when she stepped into the lobby, her phone rang and it's Sungmin.
 
Hyorin contemplated if she should pick up, while she was still thinking, someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and it was Sungmin.
 
Sungmin: wae? You don't intend to pick up my phone call?
 
Hyorin: oh...I just...
 
Sungmin: did something happen to you? You don't look right.
 
Hyorin: I am fine..oppa..
 
Sungmin: I need to have a talk with you, I meet you in the car, alright?
 
Hyorin thought to herself as she watch Sungmin walk away to the car park.
 
" what is it that he need to tell me about? Is he telling me today that our relationship have to come to an end? "
 
Hyorin took a deep breath ready to face sungmin as she have already derived at a decision after going sleepless the whole of last night. 
 
Sungmin: I am sorry I didn't pick up your calls last evening. I just needed some time alone to sort things out.
 
Hyorin: so you have decided to leave super junior?
 
Sungmin: you heard about it?
 
Hyorin: it's sad that I am hearing it from someone else.
 
Sungmin: I am sorry that I didn't discuss with you but I wanted to talk to you after every details have been sorted out.
 
Hyorin: do you think each time a "sorry" will solve all problems?
 
Hyorin mumbled to herself as her eyes fixed on the car compartment. She found her hands slowly reaching for the compartment as she wanted evidence if Sungmin's wedding ring is there?  But was interrupted by Sungmin.
 
Sungmin: did you just say something? Hyorin, is everything alright? Tell me, what's wrong.
 
Hyorin: I am just saying if you have make a decision?
 
Sungmin: I have decided to leave super junior. You will support my decision, won't you?
 
Hyorin: whatever decision you have made, I will support you. Oppa...
 
Sungmin: yes?
 
Hyorin: please always remember I always love you, love you as lee Sungmin. Love you even you are not part of super junior, love you even if you are not a celebrity.
 
Sungmin was touched by Hyorin's words but he brushed it off to cover his own feelings.
 
Sungmin: hmmm...you are really behaving weirdly today. You sure everything is alright?
 
Hyorin: are you free this evening?
 
Sungmin: I have no schedule on today, wae?
 
Hyorin: come home for dinner.
 
Sungmin: sure. But I need to head over to the dorm now, teuk hyung and the rest are waiting for me.
 
When Sungmin reached the dorm, lee teuk and other members are seated in the sofa preparing themselves to hear sungmin's decision.
 
Sungmin: teuk hyung.
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin ah, hyung...I...
 
Sungmin: I have made up my mind to leave super junior.
 
The living room went silence.
 
Sungmin: I will officially submit my exit letter to the company tomorrow. It's has been many wonderful years in super junior and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
 
Lee teuk: hyung is sad that you made this decision. Please hear us out.
 
Sungmin: hyung, my mind is made up...
 
Heechul: what did the other company offer you? I did a check on the company, they are barely 1 year old! Why are you so confident they can give you a bigger and brighter future?
 
Kangin: Sungmin ah, our managers find this company suspicious. They have no big celebrities under them, they have a few models and actors which so far have no big projects allocated to them and financially, they are not capable to promote you.
 
Sungmin: that's why they need me to join them. With me, they will have no problems getting projects and big shows. I will be their key star in the company, my treatment will not be the same as what I am getting now!
 
Lee teuk: but it's a big risk you are taking...
 
Before lee teuk can finished talking, Sungmin phone rang. He mutes it off, but again it started ringing.
 
Lee teuk: why don't you pick up the phone first.
 
Sungmin pick up the phone with a harsh tone as he knows who the caller is. Soon, Sungmin froze after picking up the phone call, he drop his phone onto the floor and could not hear people surrounding him calling out to him. He only come to his senses when shindong shook him real hard.
 
Shindong: min ah, what happened?
 
Sungmin: me? I.....I...teuk hyung, I need to go somewhere urgently.
 
Sungmin rush out the door even before lee teuk could response.
 
Sungmin walk out from Hye Jung's apartment, his thoughts is a mess now after hearing what Hye Jung told him.
 
"How could this be possible? She is pregnant with my child?"
 
Sungmin's thoughts was interrupted by a message coming from his phone.
 
"Oppa, seems like you are too busy and forgotten about our dinner date"
 
Sungmin: omo..Hyorin! How could I forgotten about her? Damned it!
 
Sungmin collected his car and speed all the way back to his apartment only to an empty house. He desperately tried calling Hyorin but she is not picking up, he called her mother but she is not with her as well.
 
Sungmin: where did she go?
 
At this time, an message came in, he hastily look at the message hoping is for Hyorin but it's from Hye Jung instead. 
 
"Oppa, I forgot to tell you earlier, I have already met up with your wife" 
 
After seeing Hye Jung's message, Sungmin keep pressing the redial button, but Hyorin phone is off. 
 
 
In that desperate moment, Sungmin really did not know who and where should he go to look for Hyorin. He tried recalling where is Hyorin's  favourite place, who is Hyorin's best friend, but no answer came to his mind, because each time Hyorin talks to him, he never pay any attention and Sungmin really hated himself for this.
 
Sungmin stayed awake the whole night waiting for Hyorin to return  to the apartment. when morning came, there is still no sigh of her and no phone call from her. He tried calling Hyorin's omma again but was told Hyorin is not with her. Not wanting to alarm his mother in law, Sungmin made up some stories to calm Hyorin's omma down.
 
He left the apartment for his rehearsal. He saw kangin the moment he stepped into the dressing room and decided to try his luck on Hyorin's whereabout.
 
Sungmin: kangin hyung!
 
Kangin: Sungmin ah, can we have a talk, please do not...
 
Sungmin: hyung, I don't want to talk about my contract for now. Did...did..
 
Kangin: wae?
 
Sungmin: did Hyorin contact you?
 
Kangin: anio, wae?
 
Sungmin: I..I ..need to look for her urgently. Hyung, do you know if she have any close friends or where are the places she could possibly go?
 
Kangin: Sungmin, what happened? Why are you looking for her all of a sudden?
 
Sungmin: hyung, please, I will explain to you another time. Please tell me where can I find her now.
 
Kangin: she mentioned she have a close friend, but I only know her name.
 
Sungmin: what's her name?
 
Kangin: Dasom shi, but I have no way of contacting her. Ah.....Hyorin shi mentioned she just debuted recently.
 
Sungmin: thanks hyung! I have to rush off now, but promised I will be back for the performance tonight.
 
With the help of sungmin's manager, he easily found the contact method of Dasom. Sungmin immediately call Dasom for Hyorin's whereabout.
 
Dasom: yoboseyo.
 
Sungmin: errr..annyeonghaseyo. This is super junior Sungmin shi.
 
Dasom: ahh...yes Sungmin shi. 
 
Sungmin: If my memory never fail me, think we have met during err...my wedding.
 
Dasom: of course, we have met.
 
Sungmin: is Hyorin with you?
 
Dasom: no, she is not. Did something happene?
 
Sungmin: do you know where I can find her?
 
Dasom: I don't know. Sungmin shi, I need to go now, the filming crew are waiting for me.
 
And Dasom hang up. In fact, Dasom have no schedule today, she is at home when Sungmin called and Hyorin is beside her hinting at her not to say anything to Sungmin.
 
Dasom: just what have happened? You came over late last night and now Sungmin shi is looking for you. Can you tell me what's wrong?
 
Hyorin: Dasom ah..just stayed with me.
 
Hyorin curled herself up and lean towards Dasom for comfort. 
 
Dasom: uni...I will not ask anymore. You can stay here as long as you like.
 
Sungmin when back to his performance as per promised. Once he ended his schedule, he got his phone back from his manager. His face brighten up as there is a message and its from Hyorin. However, soon his face expression changed upon reading the message.
 
"Oppa, you once mentioned our marriage will end one day. I didn't want the day to come nor did I expect to end this marriage myself. Hye Jung and the child need you more than me. Lets go our separate way, I will get the papers ready and send it over to you. Please always remember to take care of yourself and whatever decision you have made in your career, you will shine and I am watching you shine even brighter in the future. Hyorin."
 
Sungmin: damned it! She is making a decision without hearing my explanation! How could she!
 
Sungmin scream out loud same time smashing his fist against the mirror. The rest of the members who are at the resting room were shocked with Sungmin reaction and all went silence first and than panic because of Sungmin bleeding knuckles.
 
lee teuk: min ah, why did you do that for? You are bleeding, let stopped the....ya, Sungmin ah!
 
Before lee teuk could finish, Sungmin already left the room angrily leaving behind the worried members.
 
Sungmin got into his car and started calling Hyorin but she is not picking up. After a few unsuccessful attempts, Sungmin gave up and in a moment of frustration, he responded to Hyorin's message:
 
"Fine, let's divorce!"
 
However, after sending the message, Sungmin heart hurt like hell and regretted he have let his egoistic took over him again.