Chapter 22

Please Love me once again

 

Chapter 22
 
Lee teuk and Sungmin arrived at their company conference room, Hyorin was already waiting for them.
 
Hyorin who was reading a magazine look up when she hears the conference room door clicks open. She was expecting her senior coordinator and was shocked to see it was Lee teuk and Sungmin instead.
 
Lee teuk: Hyorin shi.
 
Hyorin: oh..annyeonghaseyo. I was told to wait here, I will leave to wait for her outside.
 
Lee teuk: anio, it's me that called you back.
 
Hyorin: bor?
 
Lee teuk: you and Sungmin need to talk.
 
Hyorin: you know...
 
Lee teuk: yes, I already know both your relationship. So does all our members. I am sorry I found out this too late and I am really ashamed I didn't managed to help much as sungmin's hyung.
 
Hyorin: we have nothing to talk about, we have ended.
 
Sungmin: Hyorin, we found out today everything is a misunderstanding. Please hear me out.
 
Lee teuk: yes, Hyorin shi. Sungmin loves you and doesn't want to leave you. Please hear him out and give him a chance.
 
Sungmin: Hye Jung is not pregnant, it's a lie she created just to ruin my relationship with you. She admitted in front of me today.
 
Hyorin: I have thought about it carefully when I signed the divorce papers. It's time to end our relationship.
 
Sungmin: Hyorin, why? Hye Jung is not pregnant, everything is back to normal, why do you still want to divorce me?
 
Lee teuk: Hyorin shi, please don't do this to Sungmin. You love him, don't you?
 
Hyorin: I do. I love him so much that it's so painful just holding on to him.
 
Sungmin: Hyorin, what are you saying?
 
Hyorin: I have knew your unfaithfulness towards me, each time I just tell myself to forgive you and hopefully by turning a blind eye to it, you will change and learn to love and respect me. But you took my generosity for a ride. 
 
Sungmin: Hyorin, I love you and I really do. I am sorry for the foolishness and I will never hurt you again, please forgive me.
 
Hyorin: Sungmin, I am tired. I really am. Each time, you tell me you have a schedule, I have to keep telling myself it's true, I should trust you. But I fail every time. Each time, I would just derived with the conclusion that you are out drinking and spending the night with some other woman. I don't want a relationship that does not even have the foundation of trust. I may be wrong to suspect you all times, but you did this to me, oppa. And I hate myself for not even able to give this trust to our marriage. I feel hurt all the time because I feel alone and abandoned. You were never there when I needed you most. when you hurt my feelings, you doesn't apologise. And you doesn't show any interest in me or what I do
 
Sungmin: Hyorin, I am sorry I did this to you. Now that we have clarify the matter, please give me another chance to make it up to you.
 
Hyorin: it's not Hye Jung's pregnancy that trigger for this divorce. Oppa, just answer me one question. Where is your wedding ring?
 
Sungmin look at his bare hands and struggling to recall where did he put his ring.
 
Sungmin: the ring, I...
 
Hyorin: it's here. I found it in your car compartment. It seems that it's in there from day one of our marriage that you even forgot where you left it. It's really a shame that another woman have to tell me where my husband wedding ring is!
 
Lee teuk: Hyorin shi, Sungmin is a celebrity and its not...
 
Hyorin: The wedding ring is worn on our fourth finger for a reason, it is said to be link by a vein which is connected  to our heart. I can understand he cannot be seen with a wedding ring, but this ring is not even anywhere near his heart, both physically and mentally. Remember I told you before it's my dream to be your wife? I don't know since when without me even realising it, it has became a nightmare to me. We are like ships passing in the night, you go your way and I go mine, we will never meet. I want to wake up from this nightmare, please grant me this wish and by telling you all these, this is how far by pride can go in front of you.
 
Sungmin says nothing but keep his head down,
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin! Says something!
 
Sungmin: Why did it take me this long to realise how much hurt I have inflicted on you? And why do i realised it when it's time to let you go? I am sorry and I will signed the papers and hand it over to the lawyer.
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin! Are you crazy!
 
Sungmin: teuk hyung, it seems to be the only thing I can do to make up for her now,
 
At this time, the conference room door opened and the rest of the members came barging into the room.
 
Eunhyuk: wait! Hyorin shi, Sungmin hyung doesn't know what is he saying. Please don't leave him!
 
Kangin who came him later than the rest walk up to Hyorin.
 
Kangin: lets leave this place.
 
Lee teuk: ya, kangin, what do you think you are doing?
 
Kangin: teuk hyung, I want to protect the woman I love.
 
Hee Chul: ya, kangin! Don't complicate matters.
 
Kangin didn't say anything and grab Hyorin by her hand leading her out of the room.
 
Kangin: you don't look well, do you need a doctor?
 
Hyorin: I am fine, just send me home.
 
However, before kangin and Hyorin can step any further. They were stopped by manager dong bin.
 
Manager dong bin: where are you going?
 
Kangin: dong bin hyung, I need to bring her out of this place.
 
Manager dong bin: not now.
 
Kangin: why?
 
Manager dong bin: Hyorin shi photos has been published.
 
Kangin: bor?
 
Manager dong bin: that woman have published Hyorin Shi's photo and everyone now knows who is your so call girlfriend. Hyorin shi, I don't know if it's a good thing that you are here or not but there is a emergency meeting now and I hope you can sit in.
 
All members, managers and top management team were seated in a conference room.
 
Director park: my head is really hurting badly these days.
 
Lee teuk: I am sorry...
 
Director park: I am not here to listen to any apologies. So, this lady here, Hyorin shi?
 
Hyorin: yes.
 
Director park: are you really dating kangin?
 
Kangin: director nim, no. She is not dating me.
 
Hyorin: anio. I am not dating kangin shi, but since my identity has been exposed, I am willing to continue helping kangin shi.
 
Sungmin: Hyorin, you can't!
 
Director park: Sungmin, you have something to say?
 
Sungmin: they are not dating each other, why get her into this mess? She is not a celebrity and should not be open up to critics from the public.
 
Kangin: I have said before, I will protect and not let her gets hurt.
 
Sungmin: kangin hyung!
 
Hyorin: Sungmin shi, I can make my own decision. Director nim, I am ready for the company instructions. 
 
Director park: i am happy to hear it from you. But at this moment, we don't need you to appear to the public and exposed you to the risk of their fans. Scandals like this will circulate for a while till another more interesting news comes in. It just that kangin court case it's still not settle and this have to come along. Ya, you bunch of kids, can't you all be good for just one day! The super show is still on going and we can't have negative news all day! 
 
Lee teuk: director nim, I apologised of behalf of the group and rest assured we will put up a good show.
 
Director park: I hope so. Hyorin shi, our company will arrange accommodation for you till this dies down. We don't want you to get hurt. The suju members are going away to china for their concert tomorrow so believed some attention will be brought away. It's a good time for you to shift out to a safer place,
 
Hyorin: I am staying with a friend currently and it should be safe. If I need help, I will voice out.
 
After the meeting ended, kangin sent Hyorin back home.
 
Kangin: I am sorry I got you into this trouble.
 
Hyorin: when I decided to help you during the beginning, I have never thought of leaving you in a lurch.
 
Kangin: I don't want you to help out of pity! And worst not because you wants to spike sungmin!
 
Hyorin: kangin shi, why did you say that? I am sincerely helping you as a friend, how can I leave a good friend of mine in the lurch? Please don't doubt me.
 
Kangin: friend? Is that where our relationship can go to? I don't want you to act as my girlfriend, I want you to be with me, let me protect and love you.
 
Hyorin: kangin shi, I know there are many recent events that may haven taken a toll on you. And your state of mind, you can't think clearly. But I have said before, I like you as a close oppa, a close friend. It will never go beyond that.
 
Kangin: you still love Sungmin, why choose to leave him? I don't understand
 
Hyorin: it's painful, very painful to be hurt by the man you love.
 
Kangin: I don't know should I say if I understand this feeling of yours. It does hurt when the pain is given not by one but two persons whom you love.
 
Hyorin saw tears escaping from Kangin's eyes. She used her hands to wipe his tears away.
 
Kangin: I am sorry that you are seeing this side of me. And I am sorry for forcing you like that, I know it's not the right time.
 
Hyorin: kangin shi, let me help you. I know you are capable protecting me, your good friend.
 
Hyorin went back home to find Dasom waiting for her in the living room.
 
Hyorin: Dasom, why are you still not asleep? Don't you have a morning shoot tomorrow?
 
Dasom: why did you come back so late? Didn't you went back to your ex company? Why did they want you back for? Did you see sungming shi? And...
 
Hyorin: Dasom ah, he agree to the divorce.
 
Dasom: bor? 
 
Hyorin: the lady is not pregnant, it's a plan set up by her.
 
Dasom: so, so why do you still want to leave him? It's him, right? He is the one who wanted the divorce, right? Let me go find him now!
 
Hyorin: Dasom ah, it's me who wanted the divorce. 
 
Dasom: oh wae? And uni, are you alright? You look pale.
 
Hyorin: nothing, it just that my stomache...maybe I am hungry as I didn't eat anything since morning.
 
Dasom: chincia? Let me cook something for you now, you go have a rest in the room first.
 
While in the kitchen, Dasom heard glass shattered in the living room. Dasom rushed out to see the glass of warm water which Hyorin was drinking on the floor and Hyorin curled up on the sofa in great pain.
 
Dasom: uni! What happen?
 
Hyorin: it's painful, my stomache!
 
Dasom: otteka? You hang on for a while, I am going to get the ambulance now.
 
When kangin got back to suju's dorm, the rest of the members are waiting for him. Kangin avoided them wants to go back to his room but was stopped by hee Chul.
 
Hee Chul: kangin, lets talk.
 
Sungmin: hee Chul hyung, let me talk to kangin hyung alone. All members left the dorm leaving the two men behind.
 
Sungmin: how is Hyorin?
 
Kangin: she is alright.
 
Sungmin: are you going to allow that to happen?
 
Kangin: allow what?
 
Sungmin: continue to be your fake girlfriend!
 
Kangin: if the situation requires, yes, she will.
 
Sungmin: hyung, you already know about me and her, why do you still...
 
Kangin's: your relationship is over. You, yourself destroy it! So why are you here telling me all these?
 
Sungmin: hyung, why are you behaving like this? It's a complicated matter and you won't know what Hye Jung will do further! I can't let her or anyone else hurt Hyorin!
 
Kangin: she is hurt most by you! 
 
Sungmin: I know, I know. I hurt her and that is why I need to do all I can to protect her now.
 
Kangin: Sungmin ah, you lose the chance to protect her. 
 
Sungmin kept quiet as he watch Kangin leaves the dorm. Sungmin knew kangin was right, he had lose his chance.
 
Next day, Sungmin did as he promised by submitting his divorce papers before flying off to china with the suju members except kangin whose activities have been suspended. 2 days after the boys flew off is also the day when kangin need to attend his court hearing, it's has been proven that kangin acted because of self defence.
 
After the court hearing, kangin was in his way back to the dorm with his manager.
 
Manager: kangin ah, the other members heard about your case today and is really happy or you! They are going of have a party for you when they come back!
 
Kangin kept quiet.
 
Manager: wae? You don't look happy? Ahh...you are worried about your activities? Don't worry, our company will have a press conference tomorrow for this matter, you will soon resumed your activities.
 
Kangin: hyung, I am tired. Let me sleep a while, wake me up when we'd reach the dorm.
 
Kangin slide his tired body down the chair when his phone ring.
 
Kangin: yoboseyo?
 
Dasom: yoboseyo, kangin shi?
 
Kangin: yes, you are?
 
Dasom: Dasom, I am a friend of Hyorin. I am sorry to call you but since sungmin shi is away from Korea, there are some Sungmin items in their apartment and Hyorin wants him to collect it back.
 
Kangin: where is Hyorin?
 
Dasom: she..she..she have left the country for a while.