The finale chapter

Please Love me once again

 

Chapter 24
 
suju's management company and Kangin released an official public apology shortly after. All of Kangin's activities were cancelled by the company due to Kangin's actions.
 
The suju members know deep down that drunk driving, hit and run incidents are all staged by kangin himself. He have only one purpose, not to hurt the ones he loves who is Sungmin and Hyorin.
 
True enough, the negatives reports for kangin just increased by the day that netizens are soon having a wild of a time scolding him for the all the bad actions he has done, that they slowly forgot about kangin and his so called girlfriend.
 
Months pass by quickly with boys busy schedules and throught out these times, nobody have news of hyorin and no one bring her up especially in front of sungmin, After the boys return to the dorm from a countdown tv program, the gathered together in the dorm to celebrate sungmin's birthday and an attempt to bring Sungmin's smile back to his face again.
 
Hee Chul: I heard this news and it's from a reliable source.
 
Shindong: what news is that?
 
Hee Chul: Hyorin is debuting this month.
 
Shindong: err...yes, it's true. I heard about it too.
 
Lee teuk look at Sungmin who have his head down staring blankly at the can of beer in his hand.
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin ah, it's your birthday, lets cheers to it.
 
No response from Sungmin.
 
Eun hyuk: Sungmin hyung, sungming hyung!
 
Sungmin: oh yes?
 
Lee teuk: are you ok? Is it because of Hyorin's news?...
 
Sungmin: anio, I am fine. It's just that I have never seen or heard from her for the past half year, I am always wandering how is she doing. Glad to know she is debuting, if not for our marriage, she could have debuted long time back. 
 
Shindong: but that means you both may meet each other often. Are you...
 
Sungmin: I am fine, chincia!
 
Lee teuk: let not talk about unhappy things. Come, let's cheer for sungmin's birthday!
 
Sungmin: thank you everyone for celebrating my birthday. I rather all of you hate me and even bash me up, why are you all still treating me so nice?
 
Lee teuk: what are you talking about? We could never bear to hate you or any of our members.
 
Sungmin: it's all because of me that kangin hyung is in all these troubles. We all know, he planned all these accidents! And all because he cares too much for me! I felt like a betrayer in the group.
 
Hee Chul: he does all these to protect you and Hyorin, don't you get it? So you need to work harder to repay him! And Hyorin, if you still love her, we are all here to support you. Don't disappoint kangin, arra?
 
Dong hae: if only kangin hyung is here with us today. Is he not coming back to dorm anymore?
 
Lee teuk: I really don't know. He chose to go back home and I respected his decision.
 
Hyorin soon debuted under the group sistar and Kangin was charged with drunk driving, hit and run. He was given a hefty fine but due to all these incidents, it has brought his celebrity career to a halt as he and and the company decides to bring forward his enlistment date.
 
Kangin stayed away from the dorm and didn't get to see all s till his enlistment date. That was also the day when all suju members sees Sungmin breaking down in front of them, he cried so sorrowfully till all members heart breaks into pieces for him. But they all knew, after all these have happened, the old Sungmin have come back to them, no more arrogant, no more self centred, no more drunk Sungmin. What they see now is the old diligent hardworking Sungmin who debuted few years back.
 
Year 2012
 
It has been 2 years since Hyorin debut and soon received much love from fans all over the world.
 
During these 2 years, Sungmin had many chances of meeting Hyorin. And Hyorin also had many chance to work with suju. Each time Sungmin is tempted to hold on to Hyorin never to let her got again. But Hyorin seems to have moved on and like what she said before, they both are like passing ships, never to meet.
 
Hye Jung is boycott badly in the industry due to the influenced of suju's company. The last news circulating among coordi unies was Hye Jung is in Japan working as a star. All these news made Sungmin feel sad as Hye Jung maybe a successful model in Korea if not for him.
 
One day in the training room, Sungmin overheard a conversation between kyuhyun and eunhyuk.
 
Eunhyuk: are you sure?
 
Kyuhyun: I heard this going around in our circle for a long time, but today I saw it with my own eyes.
 
Eunhyuk: we mustn't let Sungmin hyung know about this. I can tell he still love Hyorin shi very much! After his last collaboration with Hyorin in pit a pat shake, his mood went to the lowest. 
 
Kyuhyun: I know. Sometimes, he doesn't sleep at all and noticed he stared at his own phone for a long time. I got worried and decided to check his phone only to realise he still calls Hyorin Shi's old phone number. This is so heartbreaking.
 
Sungmin: gossiping about me?
 
Kyuhyun: oh..Sungmin hyung! We are not..we are...
 
Sungmin: I am sorry that I am always making you guys worried about me. Please rest assured, I am doing fine. I want to do my best for suju and kangin hyung who will be back in a few months time.
 
Eunhyuk: Sungmin hyung, We all know how much you have strived for the group. But please remember, anytime you need a shoulder or listening ears, all of us is here for you. It's hard for us too to see you trying to please the fans with all your smiles and ageyo.
 
Sungmin: I am really fine. Alright, I am done for the day and I am going home to visit my parents.
 
Sungmin had make an effort to visit his parents each time he is off or had some spare time. As much as he knows his omma is another party that hurt so much over his divorce, he knows there is nothing he can do now to make his omma happy. On the more positive side, he and his appa communication have improved, they can now hold conversation without his appa raising his voice. His appa is too upset and furious when his divorce was announced, and he was determined to get Sungmin out of the industry. It was Hyorin's letter to him before she disappeared from their life which makes him realised Sungmin shines the brightest in this industry. And sungmin's appa never look back nor regret his decision. The only regret his appa have is pushing Sungmin and Hyorin marriage through, resulting in both of them leaving a permanent scar in their lives. Both sungmin's parents pray day and night hoping their daughter in law will come back to them and yet all they can do now is just being a supportive fans of their ex daughter in law.
 
All suju members are in Vietnam for a performance along with some other korean celebs, including Sistar.
 
During their rehearsal break, Sungmin saw Hyorin and decides to approach her.
 
Sungmin: How are you? 
 
Hyorin: oh, annyeonghaseyo!
 
Sungmin: it feel so weird that we are so polite with each other.
 
Hyorin: Heard super show is really doing very well. Really no one can beat super junior.
 
Sungmin: errr...Kangin hyung will be back next month.
 
Hyorin: chincia? Times really flies.
 
Sungmin: Shall we arrange dinner than? I am sure he would like to meet you too.
 
Hyorin: After all has happened, you think he still like to meet me?
 
Sungmin: I...I don't know...I only know we both owe Kangin hyung a lot. Hyorin, can we..?
 
Thunder: Hyorin! Shall we practice one more time? Oh, annyeonghaseyo! Sunbae nim! Sorry, I didn't notice you both were talking, I will wait for Hyorin shi over there.
 
Hyorin: it's ok! We are done talking. Lets go for our practice.
 
Sungmin was left alone as he watched Hyorin and thunder , laughing and playing with each other while they walk away.
 
"Are the rumours true that both of them are seeing each other?"
 
Thunder: you know Sungmin hyung well?
 
Hyorin: anio, we just met a few times in shows. Lets go practice, we don't have much time left.
 
Thunder: Hyorin! I...I...this is for you.
 
Hyorin: what is this for?
 
Thunder: I went Japan for promotions and feel that this hair clip will look good on you.
 
Hyorin: it look expensive, I can't.....
 
Thunder suddenly hold onto Hyorin's hand.
 
Thunder: I..I have been wanting to tell you this but I can't seem to find the right time. Joon tell me not to wait further. I like you! Please date with me!
 
Hyorin: this...this...I am thankful for this, chincia, but I am sorry.
 
Thunder: wae? You already seeing someone?
 
Hyorin shake her head.
 
Thunder: you have a liking for someone?
 
Hyorin: anio, I am..I am just not ready.. Let's forget about what happened today and still friends ?
 
Thunder: won't you even consider?
 
Hyorin: lets go for our practice! Come on!
 
After the performance, sistar flew back straight to Korea. It's not the first time but many occasions, Hyorin is again awaken by the same nightmare. Dasom who is sharing same room as Hyorin woke up when she hears her screaming.
 
Dasom: what happened? Nightmare again?
 
Hyorin: I dreamt of my baby again. 
 
Dasom: again? the baby is crying while sungmin shi is watching from afar? you keep having the same dream for the past 2 years. Should we seek professional help? 
 
Hyorin buried her head into her kneels and started sobbing.
 
Dasom: do you know it break my heart every time seeing you like this? Why don't you tell Sungmin shi? After all these years, I still feel he has the right to know about this.
 
Hyorin: I am sorry Dasom, I am always making you worried for me.
 
Dasom decides to make some coffee for both herself and Hyorin.
 
Dasom: I overheated your conversation with thunder today.
 
Hyorin: Dasom ah, please don't misunderstand..I...
 
Dasom: did you turn him down coz you know I have feelings for him?
 
Hyorin: anio.
 
Dasom: that's is the answer I didn't want to hear, it is because of Sungmin shi, right?
 
Hyorin: why did you bring him up suddenly? He has nothing to do with me and...
 
Dasom: nothing? You sure it's nothing when he is constantly on your mind? I really hate to see you going through so much for him! 
 
Hyorin: Dasom ah....
 
Dasom: I like thunder but he doesn't like me so I won't force myself into it. But you, why must you trap yourself to one corner when there is a way out? Each time after seeing Sungmin shi, you will lose yourself totally and cry yourself to sleep! And each time when you are awaken by horrible night mares of your baby, it really break my heart!
 
Hyorin: Dasom ah, please don't....
 
Dasom: I am sorry uni, I have seen you suffer so much for 2 years and today is my ultimate. There is a way out for you, Hyorin uni.
 
Hyorin: I have no way out, I still love him.
 
Dasom: that's your way out! Love him!  Love him whole heartedly! The way out for both your suffering is very clear, it's how both of you decides to choose it. Please uni, end your suffering.
 
hyorin: Dasom ah, I love him that's why I hate myself as I can't love him whole heartedly. I am not a complete woman, I can't give birth!  The scar is too deep, it still hurts till today and I have make my choice when I decides to leave the country after our divorce. The choice is still the same.
 
Dasom: uni, if its your choice, i won't force you. Tell Sungmin shi about the baby, that is a fair thing to do for him.
 
Few days later, Hyorin decides to call Sungmin. As Sungmin will be flying off to Indonesia that very night, they decided to meet before his flight is due.
 
In sungmin's car, both of them sat quietly as Sungmin continue to drive back to their old apartment.
 
Hyorin: why are we back here?
 
Sungmin: I bought the apartment back.
 
Hyorin: bor? Are you crazy?
 
Sungmin: I have never been so sober for the past 2 years.
 
When Hyorin went back into the apartment, all the past memories of her and sungmin's marriage flash back to her mind. 
 
Sungmin: when you told me the apartment was sold, I knew its over for you and me. As much as I want you to forgive me, but I...but I...
 
Hyorin: Dasom is right, we should talk.
 
Hyorin went to her bag and took out a photo look alike and give it to Sungmin.
 
Sungmin : what is this?
 
Hyorin: I am sorry that you only knew about it now, he is your unborn child.
 
Sungmin: what?
 
Flashback to year 2010
 
Hyorin went back home to find Dasom waiting for her in the living room.
 
Hyorin: Dasom, why are you still not asleep? Don't you have a morning shoot tomorrow?
 
Dasom: why did you come back so late? Didn't you went back to your ex company? Why did they want you back for? Did you see sungming shi? And...
 
Hyorin: Dasom ah, he agree to the divorce.
 
Dasom: bor? 
 
Hyorin: the lady is not pregnant, it's a plan set up by her.
 
Dasom: so, so why do you still want to leave him? It's him, right? He is the one who wanted the divorce, right? Let me go find him now!
 
Hyorin: Dasom ah, it's me who wanted the divorce. 
 
Dasom: oh wae? And uni, are you alright? You look pale.
 
Hyorin: nothing, it just that my stomache...maybe I am hungry as I didn't eat anything since morning.
 
Dasom: chincia? Let me cook something for you now, you go have a rest in the room first.
 
While in the kitchen, Dasom heard glass shattered in the living room. Dasom rushed out to see the glass of warm water which Hyorin was drinking on the floor and Hyorin curled up on the sofa in great pain.
 
Dasom: uni! What happen?
 
Hyorin: it's painful, my stomache!
 
Dasom: otteka? You hang on for a while, I am going to get the ambulance now.
 
Dasom paced up and down outside the surgery room, not knowing what to do. Finally the doctor came out and Dasom was able to go in and sit Hyorin.
 
Hyorin was sitting on the bed, face pale and tears slowly crawling down her cheeks.
 
Dasom: uni! Please don't cry, are you still in pain? Doctor, what's wrong with her?
 
Doctor: have you contacted her husband?
 
Hyorin: anio! I don't want him to know about it!
 
Dasom: just what is happening?
 
Doctor: she was pregnant. And it's only few weeks, she didn't feel the symptoms so she is not aware.
 
Dasom: omo..omo...uni, this is good news! Why are you crying?
 
Doctor: the baby is gone.
 
Hyorin broke down crying even harder.
 
Doctor: I am sorry there is nothing we can do as the foetus is already dead when she arrived at the hospital. We have done the operation and also did some test on her. Hyorin shi have  Low Progesterone Levels in Pregnancy. Is she stress or upset recently? All these could be the caused of her miscarriage.
 
Dasom: what is that? This can't happen to her!
 
Doctor: Progesterone is a hormone produced by the ovaries that is responsible for preparing the uterus for pregnancy and maintaining the pregnancy once it has occurred. Women who have low progesterone levels may have a more difficult time conceiving; they may also be at increased risk for miscarriage in early pregnancy once they do conceived. And .....and, her chance of getting pregnant again is less than 1%.
 
End of flashback
 
Hyorin: this ultrascan was taken before the child was taken away from my stomach. I am sorry, I failed to keep our child.
 
Hyorin started crying as she sat herself down on the sofa.
 
Sungmin: Why did you only tell me now?
 
Hyorin: I am sorry, I admit I was selfish in keeping this from you.
 
Sungmin: you are indeed selfish! It's my child too! How could you keep it from me and go through this all by yourself?
 
Hyorin: can you bring back the child's life if you were there? Huh? You can't and during that time, I can't help but blame you for the death of our unborn child!
 
Sungmin: you are right, it's because of me. I indirectly killed our child!
 
Hyorin: Our marriage was fated to fell through right from the beginning, it's me. It's me that keep holding on to it.  It's been 2 years and Dasom is right. We can choose not to let ourselves suffer, that's why I decided to tell you the truth today and bring a closure to us, its living hell for me the past years, its time to end it. I am sure our child would agree to my decision today.
 
Sungmin: Hyorin, what are you trying to say?
 
Hyorin:  sungmin shi, its fate that brought us together but it’s our destiny that we do not belong to each other life. 
 
 
.......................................................................................the end .....................................................................................