Chapter 23

Please Love me once again

 

Chapter 23
 
Kangin reached Sungmin and Hyorin's apartment. Dasom was waiting for him there.
 
Dasom: these are all Sungmin Shi's item. Please bring them back to him.
 
Kangin: where is Hyorin?
 
Dasom: she..she..she have pack everything here and have left the country for a while. She wants to be alone. This is also the key to this apartment, she wants sungmin Shi's to have it back as well.
 
Kangin went into the room to see some luggages and boxes on the floor, neatly pack. He also noticed the wedding portrait of Sungmin and Hyorin.
 
Kangin: can I bring this back as well?
 
Dasom: sure, I don't think Hyorin uni will ever stepped into this apartment again.
 
Kangin carried all the luggages and boxes into his car, he finally placed the last item when he saw Dasom struggling with some boxes.
 
Kangin: let me help you.
 
Dasom: thank you so much. These are meant for the recycle bins. Hyorin says to throw all these away.
 
Kangin: I see.
 
While shifting them to the recycle collectin bin, one of the box which Dasom was carrying gave way and the contents scattered around on the floor.
 
Kangin: what is all these?
 
Dasom: I am not sure. But isn't this suju poster and post cards? And wait, these are Hyorin uni's pictures when she is young. But who is this young boy?
 
Kangin: it's Sungmin, it's him when he is still a boy. And all these posters, post cards and CDs are since our debut days
 
Dasom: and look, all of it are being autographed by one of you, but I can't tell who by the signature.
 
Kangin: it's sungmin's autograph.
 
Dasom: ah...my poor uni. Why did she have to love Sungmin shi so much? 
 
Kangin drove back to the dorm with a heavy heart, he tried calling Hyorin by her line has been terminated.
 
When he arrived back in the dorm, he tried switching in the lights by fail. Than all of a sudden, party poppers and loud cheer can be heard.
 
Lee teuk: kangin, congratulations! Your name is now cleared!
 
Ryeowook: kangin hyung, surprise? Anio?
 
Kangin: thank you, thank you everyone.
 
Donghae: kangin hyung, what are those luggages for?
 
Kangin: they are....where is Sungmin?
 
Lee teuk: he went into his room the moment we came back from the dorm. He has been quiet these few days. I am worried.
 
Kangin: teuk hyung, I will go in to look for him. Guys, I really appreciate the surprise party, start eating and I will join you all soon.
 
Kangin went into sungmin's room to find him lying on the bed with his blanket all covered on him.
 
Kangin: ya, Sungmin! Is that what you can do?
 
Sungmin: kangin hyung, what do you want from me? If you are here to tell me about you and Hyorin, forget it! She got nothing to do with me now!
 
Kangin: you really mean what you say?
 
Sungmin: hyung, hyorin and me are over. You are right, I lose my chance and have no rights to interfere with her life now.
 
Kangin: but you agree to the divorce because you do not want her to see her getting hurt more! You love her but why are you still saying such childish comments at this time? Here, look at all these!
 
Sungmin: what's are all these?
 
Kangin: your belongings which I brought back from your apartment.
 
Sungmin: Hyorin called you to pick it up? So she really does not even want to talk or see me now.
 
Kangin: she have left the country.
 
Sungmin: where did she go? And when is she coming back?
 
Kangin: I don't know. It was Dasom shi who called me. She never reveal to me Hyorin whereabouts.
 
Sungmin: hyung, how could she left without telling you! You must know it and is keeping from me!
 
Kangin: Sungmin! If I want to do that, do you think I will even bring all these back to you! And is this how you think I would do? After so many years of friendship which is as close as brothers, is that how you doubt me?
 
Sungmin: hyung, because I am afraid I will lose Hyorin forever to you!
 
Kangin: you have not and will never lose her. Here, take a look at this box and you will get what I mean.
 
Sungmin spend the whole night looking through all the posters, CDs, pictures and postcards which bear all his autograph. It is only now that Sungmin realised that Hyorin has been with him all these years, when he is a trainee, when suju debuted, when suju launched their first album, when suju have their first fan meeting, but there is never once Sungmin notice this girl who silently just went up to him and got his autographed rain or shine.
 
A particular photograph caught his attention, it was himself during his school days and it was a candid shot. Behind there are some wordings:
 
"today lucky star befall on me! Not only did i managed to capture my first photo of Sungmin oppa using the camera which I borrowed from my classmates. I saw him today and we spoke! Even though I have dog poo on me, I am happy that we spoke! But again, it seems like oppa does not recognised me :( "
 
Sungmin look at the photo again, he recalled it should be taken around when he is 16 or 17. 
 
"Wait, dog poo? She is the girl which I save from the fall?"
 
 
"I am sorry Hyorin, I am really sorry for not realising you are always with me till the day we ended"
 
All the members gathered at the dining area, keeping silence as they try to hear any noise from sungmin's room, but there were none. they all knew sungmin does not cry or reveal his emotions, but they can all understand the pain that sungmin is going through now and yet there is nothing they can do to help Sungmin.
 
Eunhyuk: I need to go and check in Sungmin hyung.
 
Lee teuk: ya..don't go. He wouldn't want us to see him like this.
 
Eunhyuk: but teuk hyung, I cant bear to see him going through this!
 
Lee teuk: I know. Its breaking me apart too but he needs to be alone, at least for now. And where is kangin?
 
Kyuhyun: He went back to his room as well. 
 
Hee Chul: we always joke about falling for the same girl, didn't expect it to really happened. 
 
Next day, the suju members went back to their individual schedules or some just rested at home. It was already close to midnight when all of them were called back to their company for a meeting.
 
To see Director park still in the office for a meeting at such hours smells troubles for the suju members.
 
Director park: kangin shi, we will hold a press conference the day after.
 
Kangin: for?
 
Director park: we will need you and Hyorin to attend the press conference. We need to announced to the public that both of you are dating and who Hyorin is.
 
Lee teuk: why the sudden decision?
 
Manager dong bin: the news of kangin assault case was published today, even though he is not guilty but the public is still pursuing the case on Kangin's errr....his ual interest. Not only the public, the entertainment industry is also putting pressure on us.
 
Director park: we cannot suspend kangin for long, this not going to do both him and suju good. We are not even half way through our world tour and suju next album is already under preparations, we cannot allow all these negative news to get in the way. And kangin still have a few advertisement contracts, if kangin continues to get suspended, we have to compensate those companies.
 
Lee teuk: but even if we have Hyorin to appear for the press conference, it's not going to proof that kangin is not gay.
 
Director park: the netizens are now saying Hyorin is a cover up since no one have seen her before. And someone even started a petition for kangin to stop being a celebrity if we don't allow kangin and Hyorin to appear to the press. And they need to get married.
 
Lee teuk: what nonsense is this?
 
Sungmin: no!! 
 
Director park: are you all trying to go against me now!?
 
Sungmin: this is just too ridiculous. They don't even love each other, how can the company ask them to get married? Are we filming a drama right now?
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin! Mind how you speak to our director.
 
Director park: As much as I don't understand the reaction coming from you, I have to agree we are not filming a drama now. But life as an celebrity is already a drama! We need to put up a show everyday for your fans to see and for them to feel good about you, don't we?
 
Sungmin: kangin hyung, are you going to let this happen?
 
Kangin: I am ready for director nim's instructions.
 
Sungmin: what? Kangin hyung, you...
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin, enough!
 
Lee teuk and manager dong bin managed to pacify director nim and ended the meeting. All discussion came to a halt till manager dong bin got all other managers out of the room.
 
Manager dong bin: the room is now left with us. Tell me kids, how are we going to end this snowball? 
 
Sungmin: I will come clean with the company about my marriage with Hyorin.
 
Manager dong bin: is this even going to help but make matter worse? Moreover, you and Hyorin are no longer together!
 
Lee teuk: manager hyung is right. It's not going to help.
 
Sungmin: kangin hyung, why did you agree to director park's request? You think by agreeing, you can be with Hyorin? And you told me you don't know Hyorin's whereabouts, so how are you going to get her attend the press conference? You have been lying to me, right?
 
Sungmin went straight up to kangin and grabbed him by the shirt collar.
 
Hee Chul: ya, Sungmin! Let go! He is your hyung!
 
Sungmin: I don't have a hyung like him!
 
Kangin: I really do not know where Hyorin is! Let go of me!
 
Eun hyuk : Sungmin hyung, please let go of kangin hyung. Please, I hate to see this happening among us.
 
Sungmin finally let go of kangin but vented his anger with his fist by hitting hard on the conference table.
 
Lee teuk: Hyorin went away? So the press conference will not happen.
 
Manager dong bin: I know how to contact Hyorin.
 
Sungmin: bor? Tell me, where did she go?
 
Manager dong bin: I am sorry, she only give me a email address and told me to contact her if Kangin's issue goes out of hand. And I promise her not to reveal to anyone, otherwise she will really disappear. Kangin, despite what she is going through with Sungmin right now, she really did her part for you as a friend.
 
Kangin: I know she have always treated me as a good friend and it will never change.
 
Lee teuk: i am sorry sungmin, it seems that Hyorin is the only one who can save kangin now.
 
Sungmin: why? Why am I placed in such position? Hyorin is the woman I love and kangin is the hyung I love most! How and I going to choose?
 
Kyuhyun: maybe we should create another piece of news to divert netizens attention.
 
Manager dong bin: it's no use. The one who started the petition is Hye Jung, she just want to make use of kangin to ruin Sungmin. So she knows very well the current situation we faced and it's confident Sungmin will be history with Hyorin once she successfully pressure kangin to be together with Hyorin. 
 
Kangin: dong bin hyung, please contact Hyorin for me.
 
Sungmin: kangin hyung, than that is the end of me and Hyorin. And its also the end of our brotherhood, mi-a-na, I really can't.
 
Sungmin went out of the conference room, as much as he wants his tears to stay where they are, the tears decided to be rebellious for that moment after all their owner have been controlling all these while.
 
Sungmin ran to his car and drove off worried s will see him in this state.
 
Kangin: lee teuk hyung, I am making a move. 
 
Lee teuk: kangin ah, once we make this decision, there is no turning back.
 
Kangin: I am aware of that. Good bye.
 
Next morning, lee teuk realised kangin and Sungmin didn't come back to the dorm at all.
 
Lee teuk: did anyone managed to contact them? Hope they remember we have a variety show recording this morning.
 
Kyuhyun: Sungmin hyung will meet us at the tv station. Kangin hyung...
 
Hee Chul: he didn't on his phone and is still not contactable.
 
At this moment, lee teuk's handphone rang. It startled him and have a very uneasy feelings towards to this phone call.
 
Dong has: teuk hyung, wae? Why aren't you picking up?
 
Lee teuk: I...I...
 
Lee teuk finally found his courage to pick up his phone.
 
Lee teuk: what? I will be right over.
 
Hee Chul: what happened?
 
Lee teuk: kangin, kangin....he has been arrested for hit and run.