Chapter 17

Please Love me once again

 

Chapter 17
 
It's already been one month since Hyorin started her temporarily job with the company. Today, Sungmin drove Hyorin to work after staying over at their apartment last evening. However, to avoid being spotted, Hyorin have to gets off the car about 1 bus top away. Despite this, Hyorin is contented as it means more time spent with Sungmin during their journey to the office.
 
While at the office lobby, Hyorin saw kangin talking to a man. The man looks devasted and seems to have cried before, kangin gave a pat on the man shoulder before the depressed man walks away wiping his tears with his hands.
 
Hyorin: kangin shi!
 
Kangin: oh..Hyorin ah.
 
Hyorin: kangin shi, how are you doing? It's been a while since we last seen or spoken to each other.
 
Kangin: I have been busy with many schedules and hardly came back here.
 
Hyorin: it's good to hear that you are busy.
 
Kangin: it's all thanks to you. Otherwise, I may be jobless for god knows how long.
 
Hyorin: errr....I thought you have been avoiding me.
 
Kangin: I did think of that...
 
Hyorin: chincia? Please don't...I
 
Kangin: I said "did think", but wasn't going to do it. I was really busy. I don't want to lose a friend like you.
 
Hyorin: phew...that's a relief. Oh, that man, isn't he your driver?
 
Kangin: yap, he is. But not anymore.
 
Hyorin: wae?
 
Kangin: he was terminated by the company. He sold my information to the news agency.
 
Hyorin: it's really him?
 
Kangin: har? What did you say?
 
Hyorin: why did he do that?
 
Kangin: for money. He needed money for his wife illness, unfortunately his wife didn't pull through and pass away this morning. It his wife's last wish for him to come clean with the truth.
 
Hyorin: this must be really hard on him.
 
Kangin: our company have forgiven him but we couldn't keep him in our company anymore. Being in this industry, our lips must be seal tight, he broke the rule, so...but our company compensated him with a reasonable some of money and help him get another job as a chauffeur. Of course, different industry.
 
Sungmin: what are you all chatting about? Both seems happy?
 
Sungmin who walk in to the lobby interrupted after seeing both of them chatting so happily.
 
Kangin: oh...sungmin. Why didn't you come home last night again? Teuk hyung is fuming mad  because...
 
Sungmin: kangin hyung, we are running late.
 
Hyorin: err....I better get to the office. See you all soon.
 
Kangin: Sungmin ah, let's go too. Teuk hyung is already upstairs.
 
When Sungmin and kangin reached the meeting room, only lee teuk and heechul was there.
 
Sungmin: where are the rest? If they are late, it means the day will end later! Teuk hyung, this can't go on, we are always wasting time waiting for so and so to arrive...and ...
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin ah...they are all here.
 
Kangin: oh..where did all of them go?
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin, we need to have a talk with you. Kangin, you stay behind too.
 
Sungmin: wae?
 
Lee teuk: I.....
 
Heechul: Aiish...hyung, let me ask him.
 
Kangin: what is wrong? Why are both of you so tense?
 
Heechul: Sungmin, why haven't you sign the renewal contract with our company?
 
Sungmin: I just didn't have time to go through the contract yet.
 
Heechul: don't lie to hyung!
 
Lee teuk: heechul, you promised not to lose your cool.
 
Heechul: this fellow here is betraying us and yet you want me to keep my cool?
 
Kangin: what is happening? Sungmin?
 
Sungmin: I don't know what is heechul hyung talking about.
 
Heechul took out something from his back pack and threw it in front of Sungmin.
 
Sungmin: how did this....
 
Lee teuk: kyuhyun found it in your room. Sungmin ah, you really have thoughts about leaving us?
 
Heechul: it's obvious he is leaving us! Otherwise, how do you explain when everyone of us sign the renewal contract except him!
 
Lee teuk: Sungmin, we would like to hear from you personally.
 
Sungmin: yes, I have intention to leave the group.
 
At this time, the door of the meeting room open and the rest of the members barged in.
 
Eunhyuk: Sungmin hyung! How could you leave us? We are a team!
 
Eunhyuk started crying as he continued.
 
Eunhyuk: we have been together for so long, we been through so much before we got to where we are today, how could you?
 
Ryeowook: Sungmin hyung, please don't do this.
 
Sungmin: argh...chincia! All of you just tell me "don't", "I can't". But this is my future we are talking about here, I have every right to make my own decision.
 
Lee teuk: didn't we agree on our future together ?
 
Sungmin: but I don't see any future if I continue as super junior!
 
As soon as Sungmin complete his sentence, he felt a sudden fist hitting across his face. Blood begin to trail off his lips.
 
Lee teuk: heechul! Stop it!
 
Sungmin: am I wrong to say that? We have 13 of us! Our chances of singing, dramas, appearance on MV, deejaying, variety shows appearance are all less than 10%. Don't anyone here feel the the threat of each other? Don't anyone here feel not justified of our achievements? Don't anyone here think you could do better if you are not part of super junior? Just the competition among ourselves is enough to kill my future!
 
Everybody kept silence, looking everywhere except at each other. 
 
Sungmin: nobody? It's just too bad that I am feeling it. 
 
Kangin: but it's because the 13 of us that formed super junior, people recognised us because we are part of super junior. You feel the competition because all of us are the best, including yourself, there is no need to feel threaten. And the company have big plans for us, and...
 
Sungmin: I feel threaten not because I am not as good. It's because I am tired how we try to outshine each other whenever we go. Big plans? I don't know what big plans is installed for us but till today, I don't know where do I stand in super junior? I am one of the main vocals, but the special vocal team doesn't include me, majority of the ost deals goes to the 3 of you! I am the 5 lead dancers in the group, but everyone know eunhyuk and shindong as the main dancer!
 
Eunhyuk: Sungmin hyung, our fans do recognised your effort. And we cannot do without you.
 
Sungmin: please don't say that to me. I am sure you all will do well without me. Eunhyuk, I have know you since training days, I have seen how much extend you went to just to have a few more seconds of appearance. Teuk hyung, I respect you as a leader and will always remember the many things you have done for the group. But you play bias among us, you give lots of chances to other members, but it seems you are always stepping down on me.
 
Lee teuk: I don't. You should know me by now, I talk at times without thinking. I am really sorry if my words had hurt you in someway or another. Everyone of us here stands an equal chance, we have lose Han geng. We cannot afford to lose you, Sungmin ah. Tell me, what should hyung do to make you stay?
 
Kangin: yes, Sungmin. Tell us what we need to do! 
 
Heechul: let him leave! He already made up his mind, why should we beg him!? He can do better without all of us!
 
Eunhyuk: ande...Sungmin hyung, you can't leave us! Please, hyung.
 
Sungmin: I am sure the group will do as good even without me.
 
After saying, Sungmin left the room leaving behind his devastated members.
 
Shindong: teuk hyung, think Sungmin is not sure about his decision. We have spoken before and he do hold feelings for the group and you as the leader. But many things had happened and he feel betray by the company at times. Lets find a chance to have a good talk with him, I am sure we can change his mind.
 
Lee teuk: what are we going to do if he leaves us? Heechul, what should we do?
 
Heechul kept his silence as he back face the rest of the members looking out of the windows.  Tears escaped from his eyes, and the hurt he feel within himself is no lesser than the punch he gave to Sungmin earlier.
 
After Hyorin packed lunch for her colleagues, she went back to the office finding the rest of her colleagues gathering around whispering about something.
 
Hyorin: uni, lunch is here.
 
Senior coordi: oh..thanks so much Hyorin.
 
Hyorin: uni, did something happened? Whya are all of you looking so down?
 
Senior coordi: nothing, certain things are better left unknown.
 
A this time, Hyorin received a message from kangin asking her to meet him tonight at han gang river.
 
Hyorin went over to meet kangin as soon as she knocks off from work.
 
Hyorin: kangin shi!
 
Kangin: oh, you are here? I bought some drinks and snacks, help yourself.
 
Hyorin: something bothering you? 
 
Kangin: Ani...I just need a breather here, it's been a while since we came here.
 
Hyorin: ever since your incident..we...I am sorry, I shouldn't talk about it again.
 
Kangin: it's ok, you help me got out of that nasty scandal. Why should I get upset with you?
 
Hyorin: I am sure you didn't asked me here just to eat and drink with you.
 
Kangin: Sungmin maybe leaving us.
 
Hyorin: bor?
 
After her meeting with kangin, Hyorin head back home. On her way back, she constantly try to reach Sungmin but his hand phone is not turn on. She make her way to the club which Sungmin frequent but was denied entry, she than went back to the office but Sungmin in not there. Feeling dishearten, Hyorin makes her way back home checking on her phone constantly to see if Sungmin had return her call.
 
When Hyorin reached her apartment, she is about to enter the lobby when someone called out to her.
 
Hye Jung: annyeong, Hyorin.
 
Hyorin: you..you are that model...
 
Hye Jung: haha...I have a name. I am Hye Jung. And since I am older than you, I will not use formal language.
 
Hyorin: how do you know my name? And what are you doing here?
 
Hye Jung: it's easy to know everything as long as you have the money.
 
Hyorin: what do want from me?
 
Hye Jung: just thought there is something you should know. 
 
She than proceed to take out something from her clutch bag and show it to her.
 
Hyorin: what is this?
 
Hye Jung: it's an ultrasound scan.
 
Hyorin: why..why are you showing this to me?
 
Hye Jung: I am pregnant and Sungmin oppa is the father of the child.
 
Hyorin: bor? What nonsense are you talking about?
 
Hye Jung: haha...you are still trying to act innocent about this? Sungmin have not forgot about me even though he is married to you.
 
Hyorin: how..do..
 
Hye Jung: how do I know you both are married? Didn't I said earlier, there is no secret as long as there is money.
 
Hye Jung than proceed to hold Hyorin's hand up.
 
Hye Jung: hmmm...nice wedding ring. It's so mean of oppa to dump his wedding band in his car compartment, this goes to show how much you meant to him.
 
Hyorin took a deep breathe before she continue her conversation with Hye Jung.
 
Hyorin: if you know we are married, why are you still looking for Sungmin oppa.
 
Hye Jung: you are wrong, I didn't look for him. He came looking for me obviously unhappy to be married to a girl like you.
 
Hyorin: what is it that you want today?
 
Hye Jung: leave Sungmin oppa.
 
Hyorin: what did you say?
 
Hye Jung: I said "leave him". He doesn't love you and I am now pregnant with his child, do you think your marriage will still work out?
 
Hyorin: I will hear from Sungmin oppa and not from you!
 
Hye Jung: up to you. I am just preparing you mentally so you will not make things difficult for oppa. I better go now, I don't want people to recognise me and wandering what am I doing with a girl like you. Annyeong!
 
Hye Jung proceeds to walk away, however she stopped halfway and turn towards Hyorin.
 
hye jung: By the way, nice apartment you have here. So it's the bed, I enjoyed it.
 
Hyorin watch as Hye Jung walk away crushing the ultrascan picture in her hand.