Chapter 16

Please Love me once again

 

Chapter 16
 
 It's was chaos when Hyorin reach the office building, there were many reporters and fans. She could only get in with the help of the security
 
The coordi unis were all whispering when Hyorin stepped in, and the atmosphere in the office building is so quiet and awkward today.  However, Hyorin is worried for Kangin and went to the training room to look for them, but they were not around. She tried calling Sungmin and Kangin but both of them are not picking up.
 
She was told by one of the coordi that all suju members had cancelled their schedules and are now in the meeting room with the management and their managers. And there is no way Hyorin can access to that level where the meeting room is at.
 
In the meeting room
 
Director Park: so can someone tell me what is this report all about?
 
Manager: it's just another scandal which will blow over soon, it's not the first time our boys got negative reports.
 
Director park: you think so? The news agency have more solid proof than this! They have the diary of Kangin and...and...another suju member is apparently involved in this whole incident but I will not tell you who this person is. I have managed to stop this piece of information from publishing, our company have its status in the industry so certain news agencies is willing to cooperate and will not further publish any article on this, but there are many more agencies out there who are out to ruin us, I don't know how far this piece of information have spread but we need to take precaution.
 
Lee teuk: Kangin's diary? How did it get...?
 
Director park: we are investigating this, it must be someone from our company and who is able to get close to Kangin's belonging. And where is Kangin?!!
 
Lee teuk: we haven't been able to reach him, he is already not at the dome when we wake up and see the news.
 
Director park: I am not interested in Kangin's ual interest, it's his private life and I will respect and accept him as it is. But you are a idol group, this piece of news is going to have great impact on the social life of Korea. The netizens, the fans, the shareholders, arghhh...it's giving me a terrible headache. Find Kangin now!! 
 
Manager: we will try to locate him as soon as possible. But for now, think we should not response to the media on this issue till we have a more solid plan.
 
Heechul: just announced Kangin have a girlfriend.
 
Lee teuk: girlfriend? What are you talking about, don't add fuel to fire.
 
Heechul: hyung, Kangin seems interested in a lady recently, so that can proof he is not homoual.
 
Director park: if that is true, we really need to find Kangin and seek his opinion. For now, all your activities will resumed, all media question will be vetted thoroughly so all of you don't have to answer anything about this. I will take my leave as I have another meeting to pacify those shareholders.
 
The boys went back to the training room and Sungmin returned Hyorin's call.
 
Hyorin: how is Kangin shi?
 
Sungmin: he could not be located. Hyorin,  this issue may get complicated and it...it..may
 
Hyorin: it may what?
 
Sungmin: it may get you involved as well.
 
Hyorin: me? Wae?
 
Sungmin: everybody is saying Kangin hyung have a liking for you! And to prove he is not gay, they may want to announce he have girlfriend, and that girlfriend is you!
 
Hyorin: wait...I think I know where Kangin shi maybe at. Talk to you later.
 
Sungmin: yoboseyo? Yoboseyo? She hung up on me again!
 
Hyorin applied leave for the rest of the day, she is not sure if Kangin will be there but her instinct tell her she may be right.
 
Han Gan river, Hyorin was right, she found Kangin right at the spot which they last sat and chatted.
 
Hyorin: Kangin shi.
 
Kangin: oh Hyorin ah..
 
Hyorin: everybody is looking for you, they are worried for you and..
 
Kangin: I know, my phone is totally dead because of their calls and messages. I just need a breather, will go back to the office shortly.
 
Hyorin: I am sure there will be a way to stop this news, it will...
 
Kangin: it's not as simple, Hyorin. They have gotten my diary where I have written all my thoughts in there! My manager had sent me pics of my diary and it is indeed mine, i am finished in this society.
 
Hyorin: diary? How did those people get your diary?
 
Kangin: I don't know..but
 
Hyorin: wait, diary? I think I know who leak this info out, that day...
 
Kangin: it doesn't matter to me anymore, the damage is done. 
 
Hyorin: ignore those news, you know how some reports are exaggerated and most of it are not true, fans will believed in you and..
 
Kangin: it's true.
 
Hyorin: bor?
 
Kangin: it's true that my ual interest is questionable. Since young, I have realised I never taken interest in any girls. I starts to question myself even more after I grew up, I tried to deny this fact by training myself to be more manly, I build up my body, I talk harshly, but in the end, I realised I am doing all this as a cover up to myself and other people. 
 
Hyorin: you like sungmin shi?
 
kangin: what?
 
hyorin: its just my guess, i saw the way you talk to him, the things you did for him and...the photo ( Hyorin said almost mumbling to herself since Kangin does not know she had seen the photo cut up just to show Kangin and Sungmin)
 
kangin: i never realised its so obvious..haha...Yes, I like him and wants the best for him. And the last person i don't want to be affected in this whole scandal is him. However, things starts to change recently after I met this girl, my heart starts to feel something when I am with this girl, I got confused with my reactions as well and I begin to wander and even felt happy that I may be wrong all these while, I am still interested in girls . When I don't get to see this girl, I will miss her and wander what she maybe doing now, I need lots of courage when I want to call this girl, I can be so happy just by looking at her from afar watching her do things with clumsiness. I even visited a physiology to clear up my confusion, seeing a professional is something which I always refuse as I want to stay in denial of my condition. The physiology diagnosed me as biual. Haha....good news and bad news for me! Good news is I am still interested in girls, bad news is I may be still interested in man..haha...
 
Even though Kangin is laughing, Hyorin could see he is trying very hard not to let his tears escape from his eyes.
 
Hyorin: Kangin shi..that girl is...
 
Kangin:  It's you. Haha, i didn't expect to open up my feelings for you under such circumstances. I know the company have plans to announced you as my girlfriend. But trust me, I am not saying this because I wanted you to help me. I will never agree to the idea of announcing you as my girlfriend. Hyorin, I am not perfect but you are the first girl whom I met that make my heart feel so differently, I am not saying this on impulse as I have struggle with myself for many times before I confirm my feelings for you. I have told you the greatest secret of my life, are you willing to overcome this with me?
 
Hyorin: Kangin shi, I don't have have many close friends because of my inferiority. I am happy that you are willing to open your heart to me, I have long accepted you as my best friend even though I am not sure if you feel the same way. This friendship towards you will never change in regardless of who you are. I wished to maintain this friendship as long as I can and I do not wish to change our relationship. And I already have someone whom I love very much
 
Kangin: arraso...I am prepared for your answer. Arghhh... How I envy the man who you love.
 
Hyorin: Kangin shi, I am very sorry.
 
Kangin: sorry for not able to love me? Haha...don't feel sorry just because I like you, it's my right to fall for someone, not your fault for not accepting me.  But i feel better now after pouring out all my feelings. Its time to face the music, let's go back to the office.
 
Hyorin watch as Kangin walk away. She really can't bear to watch Kangin so devastate and wish she is in the position to help him. Most importantly, how could she bear to tell him that man he may be in love with its actually her husband.
 
"Those reporters are not going to give up so easily, they may end up hurting both Sungmin oppa and kangin shi" Hyorin search her mind anxiously for a solution.
 
Kangin reached the training room with all members sitting around restlessly.
 
Kangin: I am sorry for bringing you guys trouble.
 
Lee teuk: Kangin ah, don't say that, we are a team and should stand by one another in regardless of what happen.
 
Heechul: but how are we going to tide this over? The reporters are not going to give up so easily. The industry people respected us because our company is big and rich, but given a chance, I am sure many will step us down.
 
At this time, one of their manager came running in, he was rather breathless when he reached the training room.
 
Manager: oh Kangin ah, you are finally back. We received some information, it may help Kangin.
 
Lee teuk: chincia? Quick tell us.
 
Manager: Kangin, you really have a girlfriend?
 
Kangin: what are you talking about?
 
Manager: this girl wrote in your blog claiming to be your girlfriend. Here, there is even a photo of both you. She says all these while, she doesn't want to reveal this relationship because of your fans and career, but at this crucial time, she cannot stand by and do nothing. This piece of news is now spreading like wide fire on all internet media. Kangin, is this true?
 
Heechul: let me see the photo. Oh...it's Hyorin.
 
Sungmin: what? 
 
Sungmin snatched the photo over to confirm it. In that photo, the lady's arm was hooked onto Kangin's, even though the lady's face was blurred off, whoever that were present at the club that night would recognised her as Hyorin because of the pretty dress she is wearing.
 
Sungmin threw the photo onto the meeting table and sat down with his fist clenched. He would have wave his fist towards kangin but that would mean complicating the matter further.
 
Kangin: no, She is not my girlfriend and I don't have one. We have to deny this.
 
Heechul: wae? Her face is not revealed, we just need a positive news for this matter. You like her, don't you? Try talking to her, she may have a liking for you as well and....
 
Kangin: yes, I like her and that's exactly why I can't make use of her like that. Who send this photo out? It's a Selca taken with Hyorin's phone.
 
At this time, the training door open and Hyorin came into the room.
 
Hyorin: Kangin shi, I am the one who sent this photo. Let me help you.
 
Sungmin: what did you just say?
 
Ryeowook: Sungmin hyung, your reaction is a bit strange.
 
Hyorin: I said I created this story of Kangin having a girlfriend. I am not sure how long this can cover, but at least we can buy some time for now.
 
Manager: do you know how scary those media are? This photo does not reveal your face, they will try means and ways to find out who this girl is. You life maybe jeopardised because of this.
 
Hyorin: I am not a celebrity and that photo is after much making over, they will not be able to find out who is this girl.
 
Manager: you sure about this?
 
Kangin: no, we can't do that.
 
Hyorin: Kangin shi, please let me help you for once, as a friend.
 
Lee teuk: Kangin, this is worth trying.
 
Kangin turned his head away not giving an answer.
 
Lee teuk: Hyorin shi, thanks for your help, this maybe the only way out.
 
Manager: I need to discuss this with the management, but is indeed a good idea for now.
 
Hyorin turned and saw Sungmin staring at her, his eyes is filled with anger and same time sadness. He bang his fist on the meeting table before walking out of the room leaving the other members puzzled over his reactions.
 
Hyorin tried calling Sungmin again and again but he is not picking up. She made her way home after work to find Sungmin waiting for her.
 
Hyorin: oppa...I have been looking for you since afternoon.
 
Sungmin: do you know what you are doing?
 
Hyorin: I know this is not a right thing to do, but I really want to help Kangin shi and...
 
Sungmin: isn't this too ridiculous? You are my wife, yet now you are Kangin hyung "supposed" girlfriend, do you know if people start digging this news further the consequences is...arrrghhhh....I don't even dare to think about it.
 
Hyorin: I must admit I didn't think about the consequences, i have only thoughts of helping you and kangin shi.
 
Sungmin: help me? This issue got nothing to do with me till you decided to step in! You are doing all these for Kangin hyung, have you thought about me? Is it fair for me knowing that Kangin hyung like you too?
 
Hyorin: oppa, please understand I didn't mean to upset you. i treat kangin shi as my best friend and that will never change. Kangin shi is your member, you good friend, don't you want to help him too? Same time, I helping the whole suju.
 
Sungmin: helping at the expense of my wife? Would any sane man do that? I am getting so sick and tired as a suju member.
 
Hyorin: oppa...why would say that? You all have been together for so long, without anyone of you, it's no longer called Super Junior.
 
Sungmin:  And why are you still smiling at a situation like this?
 
Hyorin said nothing but step forward to hug Sungmin tightly.
 
Sungmin: what are you doing?
 
Hyorin: I am helping a friend, same time I help myself because at times like this I know how important I am to you.
 
Sungmin: ya, don't try to change topic. 
 
Hyorin: since the news already spread in the fan base, lets see how we can move along from here. I am sure you, kangin shi and your company is capable to protect me if matters gets out of hands.
 
Sungmin: I am not agreeing to this no matter what, but what can i do now? you already went ahead with plans. And the next time, please do not meet kangin hyung without my knowledge.
 
Few days later, an official announcement was made by suju's agency confirming Kangin is indeed dating. However, as the girl is not a celebrity, her name nor face will not be made known in order to protect her privacy. This piece of news did managed to cool down the situation while the company did all they can to divert people's attention to the boys world tour, new album and other activities.
 
In the first 2 weeks, netizens and fans took the news some on the positive side while still some believe this is an cover up. It also caused some unhappiness among fans who cannot accept the fact that their bias is dating somebody else. 
 
Life was still normal for Hyorin, as she expected nobody managed to find out she is the "mystery girlfriend" of Kangin. As suju members starts to get busy with the new album, individual schedules and preparations for the world tour,  Hyorin hardly get to see Sungmin even at the office, she is grateful at times they managed to catch each other in the car for lunch even if their meeting was only 20mins, hyorin spends hours early in the morning preparing and healthy delicious lunch.  Hyorin try to humour sungmin to ease him of his tirdness. Sometimes, even if Sungmin just spend his break time taking a little nap, Hyorin felt happiness just sitting beside him watching him sleep.
 
Hyorin did noticed sungmin seems troubled and in deep thoughts recently, and when he gets agitated, he vent his frustrations on Hyorin. There are times when Sungmin does not pick up her phone or reply her messages, funny thoughts will starts appearing in Hyorin's mind, but she brushed it off quickly thinking sungmin is really just tired, or maybe it's just Hyorin being too sensitive. She tried hard not to think about it and ensure she build back the trust and insecurities towards Sungmin. To her, her world revolves around only Lee Sungmin and nothing else matters.
 
As for Kangin, he is grateful for what Hyorin had done for him and nothing could express his gratitude for her. That was the last message Hyorin received from kangin, not sure if it was intentional or due to his busy schedules, they have not seen each other even once after the incident.
 
The management team, managers and suju boys thought all is calm for now and they can concentrate better in their activities. However, they do not know another tide is coming their way soon.