Chapter 4

Please Love me once again

Chapter 4

Flashback to Year 2009 (subsequent  chapters will all focus from year 2009 onwards unless I stated otherwise)

Super Junior had debuted for 4 years, during these 4 years, their popularity no doubt has been increasing. However, they are still not able to hold a stable positioning in the industry. It was till year 2009, they had one song which sweep the music industry like a tornado, it was popular not only in Korea, but in Asia, Europe, America and many many more. The hard work of the boys had paid off.

The boys were given a 2 days break after their official promotion for their new album ended. Most of them decided to head home or run their personal errands, only Sungmin decides to sleeps in. Before leaving the dome, Shindong drops by Sungmin’s room.

Shindong: Sungmin ah...you have no plans today?

Sungmin: I just want to sleep in.

Shindong: You should go visit your parents. They have been telling my parents that they haven’t seen you for nearly 3 months.

Sungmin: Ah...chincia....they can see me on TV so easily now that I am so popular! Why are they complaining?

Shindong: That shouldn’t be the way. They are your parents not your fans, do you think they feel good just by seeing you on TV?

Sungmin: Alright, stop nagging and get going. I know what I need to do.

Shindong gave out a loud sigh before leaving Sungmin’s room and closing the door behind him.

Sungmin couldn’t visit his parents due to his busy schedule, but he is also avoiding them due to a promise he had made with his parents. Ignoring what Shindong said, he pulled the blanket over his head and fell into deep sleep.

He was soon awakened by constant shaking at his shoulder and someone calling out his name. Sungmin answered impatiently...

Sungmin: what the hell!

SM’s appa: What did you say?

Sungmin: Oh..appa, omma..why...why are you all here?

SM’s omma: We haven’t been able to see or talk to you for months. Appa wants to talk to you..

SM’s appa: Get changed, I will wait for you in the living room.

Sungmin got up from his bed, he search for his pair of jeans and t-shirt from the pile of clothings stacked at the side of his bed. Still yawning and rubbing his eyes, he went to the living room where is parents was waiting for him.

SM’s appa: Look at you! You must be out drinking last night again, you smell of liquor and cigarettes!

Sungmin: All of us went out to celebrate last night as it was the end of our promotion and...

SM’s appa: Celebrate? I met Shindong at the door earlier, most of the members already head back home once their schedule ends! So who did you celebrate with?

SM’s omma: Yeobo, stopped nagging at him. Didn’t you have something to say to our son?

Sungmin: err...appa, what is it that you need to tell me?

SM’s appa: I want you to meet the girl who...

Sungmin knew this was coming, he has been avoiding his parents due to this reason. He quickly interrupted his appa.

Sungmin: appa, could we talk about this some other time?

SM’s appa: No, you have been brushing this off and it’s time to get down to it.

Sungmin: But appa...

SM’s appa: Don’t forget your promise to me when I give my consent for you to join the entertainment industry. You must marry her once she turns 18 years old!

Sungmin: But appa, I am an idol, and I am slowly gaining popularity. How can I be an idol if I am married?

SM’s appa: Exactly, because of that, I made you promise me to this marriage before you sign the contract with your company. As you get more popular, you will never be able to get married because of the idol status. Marriage is between 2 people, we don’t have to let the whole world know.

Sungmin: Marriage is between 2 people? So why are you forcing this on me?

SM’s appa: Enough said! You have been spoilt since birth, you always get what you want! You failed in your studies and show interest in music, knowing how dark and dirty the industry is, I will never agree to it! Finally your omma managed to persuade me and you have also promise me on the marriage! You have been fooling around with woman, drinking and smoking! These are things which I don’t want to see happening to my son, by getting married, you will be more responsible and sensible. It will prepare you for taking over my business in the future.

Sungmin: You send someone to check on me?

SM’s appa: That’s because you are not earning my trust!

Sungmin: I don’t understand why must you do this to me? I am not keen on your business, and I am not your only son! Sungjin can get married too!

SM’s appa: He is your younger brother, but he have to sacrifice so many things for you! He needs to enlist into the army earlier taking you into consideration and because he has a brother who is a celebrity, he is losing his privacy as well.

SM’s omma: Can we stop all this yelling? Yeobo, you promised to talk to him calmly, why are you behaving like this?

SM’s appa: Seeing him just make my blood boils!

Sungmin: You haven’t been seeing eye to eye with me ever since Sungjin is born.

SM’s omma: Son, keep quiet now!

SM’s appa: I don’t want to stay here another minute because I may just kill you! You must be come home tomorrow night for dinner, the girl and her parents will be coming over.

Sungmin: I have a schedule, I am not coming over.

SM’s appa: Come over after your schedule. But from what I hear from Shindong, there are no schedules for you tomorrow.

His appa then walk towards to the main door, about to leave the dorm. Before he leaves, he turned towards sungmin and said...

SM’s appa: If I don’t see you tomorrow, than I will make sure you are out of the entertainment industry.

After his parents left, Sungmin went back to his room and threw himself to the bed. Staring at the ceiling, he knows there is no way out for him in this arranged marriage. His appa is rich and powerful and he meant it if he want Sungmin out from the industry.

His phone rang and it was Kyuhyun on the other line.....

Kyuhyun: Hyung..are you at the dorm?

Sungmin: Yes, What is it?

Kyuhyun: Hyung, you don’t sound good? Are you alright?

Sungmin: I am ok, why do you call? I am tired and I want to sleep.

Kyuhyun: I just bought a bottle of wine, should we drink it together?

Sungmin seriously doesn’t mind a drink since he is feeling so lousy after the meeting with his appa.

Sungmin: Alright, I need a drink too. Please don’t be late, you know I hate waiting.

After he hung up the phone with Kyuhyun, Sungmin went back to bed and continue with his nap. However, he was soon woken up by another phone call.

Sungmin: Aishh! Who is it this time? I swear I am going to scream my head off to whoever this person is!

But the moment Sungmin heard the other party voice, his anger was gone.

Sungmin: ah...Hye Jung shi...

Hye Jung: Oppa...am I disturbing you? You sounded pissed.

Sungmin: No, I am not. I am just surprised that you called.

Hye Jung: Well, we have a wonderful time the last time we met so I was wandering if you are free tonight?

Sungmin: Tonight? Oh...sure, I will come over to pick you up.

Sungmin’s tiredness and frustrations all seems to disappear after talking to Hye Jung. He whistles his way to the wardrobe, picking and choosing his best outfit for his date this evening.

Hye Jung is a trainee model which Sungmin had met 2 days ago in a club which is patronize by celebrities, models and upper class people. Sungmin was drinking with his group of friends when Hye Jung was introduced by a mutual friend, they had fun drinking and dancing, all things when wild and both of them ended up in bed on the very first night they met. Sungmin had many one night stands prior to Hye Jung, he is very careful with the girl he had fling with as he cannot afford to have any after consequences. Moreover, those girls that Sungmin hooked up with are all out for a night of fun, so even though they met the next time, there are no strings attached.

It was passed 8.30pm when Kyuhyun reached the dorm.

Kyuhyun: Sungmin Hyung, I bought pizza to go with the wine. Sungmin Hyung?

There was no response, Kyuhyun left the pizza and wine on the dining table before making his way to their shared room. However, Sungmin was nowhere to be seen.

Kyuhyun: Where did he go? Didn’t we arrange to meet at the dorm?

He then picks up his mobile and dialled Sungmin’s no. It took several rings before Sungmin pick up.

Kyuhyun: Hyung, where are you? Your side is very noisy.

Sungmin: ah...Kyuhyun ah, I am at the club. Come join me.

Kyuhyun: Hyung, thought we are supposed to taste the wine tonight?

Sungmin: mian-ne, I forgotten about it. We could do it tomorrow. I got to go now.

The line was cut off before Kyuhyun can even respond. Kyuhyun stared at the big pizza wandering how he is going to finish it. He was also wandering when was the last time he actually sat down with his Sungmin Hyung for a drink. During those times, they are still newbie in the industry, both of them will share with each other on their dreams and goals, encouraging each other. And when they had a performance, they will practice together till they are perfect. Kyuhyun always have doubts about his capability and his contribution to the group, it’s Sungmin that is always pushing and encouraging him. Sungmin have a very high self confidence level, to some extent, some people find him egoistic and self centred, but to Kyuhyun, this is the character which made him admire Sungmin a lot.

Moreover, Sungmin have the right to be self confident as he always give his best shots in all programs, song, dance, DJ-ing. However, as times goes by and they started to rise to fame, Kyuhyun could hardly see the hardworking Sungmin Hyung again.