Please love me once again - Chapter 2

Please Love me once again

It’s has been few days after Kangin discharged. However, due to Sungmin’s busy schedule and he is also preparing for his university exams both of them could hardly find any time to sit down and heart to heart talk.

Among all Super Juniors members, Sungmin is probably the only one who has not graduate from the university. He has been putting his examinations on hold all these years as he is too confident and sure that being a famous celebrity like him, he does not need any qualifications to get him any further in the future. Even if he retired from the entertainment industry, he still has his father’s business to fall back on. But these were all his thoughts when he was the spoilt and arrogant young man few years back, as things starts to go the way he wanted and he find himself losing people whom he love very much.

On this day, Sungmin is free off schedule except for his radio programme in the evening. He had made a visit to his university so as to register for his final exams and to obtain work sheets from his lecturer. On the way to pick up his car, his handphone rang. The caller ID says “Hyorin”.

Sungmin: Yoboseyo?

Hyorin: It’s me.

Sungmin: I know...

There was a moment of short silence which is so different when their relationship started. Hyorin will get all excited when she sees Sungmin, she will always make an effort to update Sungmin on her daily happenings, she will also make an effort to know how Sungmin’s day was. It was Sungmin that is always keeping quiet or uninterested in what Hyorin have to say.

Hyorin: I am sorry for calling you, are you able to talk now?

Sungmin: Yes, sure.

Hyorin: The apartment which you bought for me...

Sungmin: Ah..yes, you said you are putting up for sale.

Hyorin: The apartment is sold.

Sungmin kept his silence.

Hyorin: Yoboseyo? Sungmin Shi, are you there?

Sungmin: It’s good to hear it has been sold.

Hyorin: The money from the sale of the apartment, I have passed it to omma.

Sungmin: I have told you before the apartment is for you, do whatever you want with it! And since it’s sold, the money is rightfully yours!

Hyorin: Sungmin shi, please don’t scream at me. As for the apartment, I don’t deserve that since we already divorce.

Sungmin: Fine, do whatever you want. And did you just mention divorce? Then why are you still calling my omma as omma?

Hyorin: Don’t think I can ever have a calm conversation with you. I have said what is needed and I am hanging up.

Sungmin: Yoboseyo? Yoboseyo?

Sungmin got into his car regretting his harsh words earlier. “Why did you let your pride take over you again?” Sungmin thought to himself hitting the steering wheel with his bare hands.

As he drive around aimlessly, he thought of his close friend Kyuhyun, it’s has been a while since they both sat down to chill over a bottle of wine. He picks up his phone and dialled Kyuhyun’s number.

Sungmin: Kyuhyun ah...want to join me for wine tonight?

Kyuhyun: Oh wae, Hyung? It’s has been a while since you ask me for a drink.

Sungmin: That’s why I making up for it now.

Kyuhyun: Sure. I will see you back at the dorm after I finished my musical.

Today seems a depressing day for him, with Hyorin phone call, his university exams and assignments he gotten from his lecturer today. The one thing which makes him look forward to it’s his drinking date with Kyuhyun later in the night. As he stopped his car at the traffic light, he pick up his smart phone and started updating his blog reflecting his mood for today. He have also included one sentence, my ex-wife called me today, but deleted as he cannot post this up as it will definitely turn the entertainment industry upside down.

Later in the night

As they have done this every time, Sungmin and Kyuhyun drank in their room with 1 light on.

Sungmin: This is really good wine.

Kyuhyun: It’s depends who you are drinking with.

Sungmin: Agree. And also the mood you are in when drinking this.

Kyuhyun: Ah...Hyung...it’s really nice to drink wine with you again. I really missed those times.

Sungmin: I am sorry, we will try and do this more often.

Kyuhyun: Hyung...did something happened today?

Sungmin kept quiet and pour Kyuhyun and himself another glass of wine.

Sungmin: It’s over between me and Hyorin.

Kyuhyun: What do you mean? Didn’t both of you signed the divorce papers?

Sungmin: I always thought she will come back to me one day. But today, she called me.

Kyuhyun: and?

Sungmin: She sold our apartment. The only thing which I thought still holds a link between me and her. But it’s gone also.

Tears which are accumulating in his eyes starts to escape.

Kyuhyun aches badly seeing his hyung crying, it’s the second time he had seen him cried so hard. First time when Kangin had to go to the army, and today is the second time.

Kyuhyun: Hyung, you still love Hyorin, don’t you?

Sungmin: I always do. But I was overwhelmed by other things that I did not see my love for her.

Kyuhyun: Is there no other ways to salvage this relationship?

Sungmin: Kyuhyun, I ruined it. How am I to salvage now?

Kyuhyun: But you are a changed man. You are no longer the self centred and egoistic Hyung I used to know.

Sungmin: I have changed too late. I have missed my chance with her, it’s lucky I didn’t lose you and other members.

Kyuhyun: Hyung, we never lose you. It’s you who lose us. We are always here for you but you...

Sungmin: I know, I choose to distance from all of you thinking I am the best among all of you. I am so shameful of myself.

Kyuhyun: No, hyung, listen to me. If you love Hyorin, talk to her, things may take a turn for the better.

Sungmin: Kyuhyun ah, don’t worry about me. I am just glad you are here to company me when I feeling the lowest. Shall we take a self ca?

Kyuhyun: Sure, it’s been a while since we do that. I am sure fans will be delighted to see the “wine couple” again.

The moment the self ca was done, Donghae was knocking loudly at their bedroom door.

Donghae: Sungmin Hyung! Kyuhyunie! Open the door, let me in!

Kyuhyun opened the door to see Donghae in his pyjamas and hugging his bolster. He bulged into the room throwing himself on Kyuhyun’s bed.

Kyuhyun: what are you doing instead of sleeping? It’s already 4am.

Donghae: I can’t sleep and I hear noises from your room. What are both of you doing? Oh...wine?

Sungmin: You want some?

Donghae: Nope. Hyung, I want to sleep here tonight.

Kyuhyun: Oh wae? There is only 2 beds here, go back to your room or Hyuk Jae Hyung....

Sungmin: Let him be, he is not going to let us sleep anyway if we chase him out now.

Donghae: Ya, Kyuhyunie, I am your hyung after all. How dare you chase me out?

Kyuhyun: ah...chincia...fine, you want to sleep here?

Kyuhyun then jumped himself on top of Donghae.

Donghae: arrgh.....let go of me, you are heavy!

Sungmin decided to join in the fun and jumped on top of Kyuhyun. All of a sudden, sungmin felt someone hit his back with a pillow. He turns around to see Ryeowook grinning widely at him.

Donghae: wookie, save me!

Ryeowook started hitting Sungmin and kyuhyun with his pillow. Soon, all of 4 of them are involved in a childish pillow fight. They only stopped when their manager hyung appeared in the room.

That night, Sungmin, Donghae, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun sleep in one room. Even though it was squeezy, sungmin feel warmth, he thank god for leading him back to s. He nearly went different ways from them. And with four of them sleeping on the floor like this, thoughts of their trainee days brought Sungmin to dreamland.