Chapter 6

Please Love me once again

Chapter 6

Brief descriptions of Sungmin and Hyorin’s childhood

Both Sungmin and Hyorin’s family stay in the same village when both of them are still little children. At the time, Sungmin’s family are not well off, his appa work in a moulding factory which Hyorin’s appa is a supervisor there.

When Sungjin was born, their family expenses increase and his omma needs to pick up a job in order to keep the family going. Hyorin’s parents help in many ways as long as is within their means. Sungmin and Sungjin will always be at Hyorin’s house when both their parents are at work.  Sungmin will always piggy her on his back and run around in the neighbourhood, playgrounds and even cycling, it was then when Hyorin keep saying she wants to marry Sungmin when she is grown up.

However, a tragedy befalls on Hyorin’s family one day. On that fateful day, it’s was raining heavily with strong wind and fearful thunder, it was nearly 12 midnight when Hyorin’s appa received a call police saying the factory electrical circuit had been strike by lightening causing a fire to break out. On the way to the factory, his van skidded and roll down the slope, Hyorin lose his appa in that accident.

Few weeks after the accident, Sungmin’s oppa was promoted as the factory supervisor. With pay increase, they family burden got lighter, and it also provide a means to render help to Hyorin’s family who have been surviving on little savings, and donations.

When Sungmin was 11 years old, his oppa got a job offer in Seoul and the whole family shifted out from the village. On the day of shifting, Hyorin cried buckets and ran after the truck that brings away her Sungmin’s oppa and his family belonging. That was the last time Sungmin and Hyorin saw each other. Soon after, Sungmin took part in a contest and won first place which allow him to enter the entertainment company as a trainee.

Hyorin and her omma shifted to the same neighbourhood a few years later with the help of Sungmin's appa. However, Hyorin and Sungmin still did not meet each other. As Sungmin needs to receive training, he stayed over at his aunt’s place (which is nearer to his training company). But Hyorin have been secretly hoping and praying every day before she goes to bed that she will meet Sungmin again one day. Her prayer came true when she met Sungmin again when she was 12 years old, even though she never imagined to be under such “dog poo” situation, she feels blessed and the whole world seems to be with her even it seems that Sungmin did not recognizes her at all.

End of descriptions, back to year 2009

The wedding date has been set and Sungmin’s appa gave no chance of discussion to him. As the wedding date drew nearer, Sungmin got more desperate as it seems there is no way he could escape this. He has totally shut himself away from his family. Whenever his omma called, he told her his displeasure over this whole wedding arrangement and even told her he may not appear on the wedding day.

This day, Super Junior members were practicing their new choreograph for a variety program. Half way through practice, Sungmin’s mobile phone rang. He looks at the caller ID and rejected the phone call.

Ryeowook: Hyung, who is it that is calling you since morning? And why are you not picking up?

Sungmin: It’s some nuisance calls. And when are we ending this practice? It’s not even a new dance choreography, we just modified it to suit the program, so why are spending the whole day here?

Ryeowook: Hyung, you lose your patience easily nowadays. Is something bothering you?

Sungmin: No.

Ryeowook: Hyung...

Sungmin: Look, Wookie, I am tired and do not feel like talking now. Tell Teuk Hyung I am going to the wash room.

After Sungmin left the practice room, Ryeowook stare blankly at Sungmin’s back view even after he disappeared from his sight. Kyuhyun saw and went up to him.

Kyuhyun: Yah...Ryeowook!

Ryeowook: Wae? You scared me?

Kyuhyun: What are you thinking about?

Ryeowook: Sungmin Hyung.

Kyuhyun: What about him?

Ryeowook: He seems to have change and distant from us. I missed the old Sungmin Hyung.

Kyuhyun: Me too.

As Sungmin was making his way to the practice room, one of the coordi noona stopped him and told him his appa has come to the office and is with the CEO now. After hearing that, Sungmin dashed all the way up to the CEO’s office which is at the highest level. Sungmin reached just in time to see his appa coming out of the room with his CEO who is chatting happily with each other.

Sungmin: appa. Why didn’t you call me before you come over?

Sungmin’s appa: Why should I? I am not here to visit you. I am here to see my old friend.

Sungmin walk his appa to his car, both not talking at all. Finally, Sungmin break the silence.

Sungmin: Appa, what did you talk to Mr Lee today?

Sungmin’s appa: Nothing much, just some catching up and your performance.

Sungmin: About my marriage...

Sungmin’s appa: I am here to catch up with my old friend today. I do not hope to come here next time and it’s to stop my son’s career.

Sungmin: appa.....

Sungmin knew he had no other way except to go through the marriage. Sungmin ruffled his hair with his hand in frustrations as his appa drives off. His mobile starts to ring again and he decided to pick up this time. Not for any other reasons, but for the fact he needed to vent his frustrations and Hyorin seems to be the right choice.

Sungmin: What is it?

Hyorin: I am sorry, are you busy, I was worried....

Sungmin: If you know that, why did you call so many times?

Hyorin: We supposed to meet at the bridal shop today, I have been waiting for 2 hours so I was getting worried that something might have happen to you.

Sungmin: What bridal shop? I have told you that I am not interested in anything about the wedding, so don’t come bother me about it.

Hyorin: Than what about your suit? And the photography?

Sungmin: I will not appear on that day, so stop bothering me.

Sungmin hang up the phone feeling even more frustrated than earlier on.

At the bridal shop

Hyorin: Yoboseyo...Yoboseyo?

Shop staff: It’s your fiancé on his way?

Hyorin: err...I am sorry but something held up so he won’t be coming.

Shop staff: So what about his suit and your wedding gown? Most ladies would want their future husband to help with gowns selection.

Hyorin: Guessed I will need to decide on my own.

Hyorin decided to try on the gowns which she had pre-selected earlier. She tried them on happily thinking in details which piece will Sungmin like most.

is this too y?”

“Hmm, this look too glam”

“ Does Sungmin shi like short or long gowns?

“ this look too mature, I am going to look so old beside him. Think he prefer young looking girls”

“arrrghhh......which one should I choose!!” “ I should have call Dasom to come with me”

Hyorin’s head nearly exploded with so many questions in her mind. She finally has to call her best friend, Dasom. She needed to tell her best friend about her wedding sooner or later.

Dasom arrived at the bridal shop about 1 hour later.

Hyorin: What took you so long?

Dasom: I need to finish my singing lesson before I could come. And why do you want to meet me at a bridal shop?

Hyorin: I will tell you later. But first, I need help.

Finally, with the help of Dasom, Hyorin picks her gown for the special day. Both of them went to a cafe so Hyorin could break the news to Dasom.

In the cafe

Dasom: What? You are getting married next week?

Hyorin nodded her head in shyness.

Dasom: And you are telling me only today? Or you have no intention of telling me?

Hyorin: ania, ania. You are my best friend, I should have let you know earlier but it’s a bit sensitive....

Dasom: Sensitive? What? That guy is a married man?

Hyorin: What rubbish is that?

Dasom: Than what? And wait, it’s that why you withdraw from our company even you are about to debut?

Hyorin nodded her head again.

Dasom: Stop nodding your head and tell me everything.

Hyorin: Arraso! But you are not giving me a chance.

Dasom: I am sorry. I am just feeling so lousy that my best friend is getting married and she is only telling me now.

Hyorin: He is a celebrity, so our wedding needs to be kept low profile. Other than our family members, nobody knows about our marriage. I do not have friends except you, of course I would want to share my happiness with you, but he can’t be found out that he is married. So please, you must tell no one about this.

Dasom: But you are only 18 years old, is it too young for marriage? And you have been striving so hard past 2 years to be a singer.

Hyorin: My dream is to become his wife. I tried so hard to be a singer because that way, I could get closer to him and know what kind of life he is leading. But now, I am going to be his wife, it’s really dreams come true for me. Nothing else matters.

Dasom: oh...he is the childhood lover of yours. The guy that you told me about him before, right? Wow, so he is a celebrity now. Who is he? And is he good looking.

Hyorin: To me, he is the best looking guy in the world.

Dasom: aigoo...that’s so mushy. Tell me, who is he?

Hyorin: Super Junior, Sungmin.

Dasom: Chincia? Omo...

Hyorin: You can’t believe it? Honestly, till today, I still can’t believe such a wonderful thing is happening to me.

Dasom: What are you talking about? You are such an awesome girl, of course good things should happen to you. Even though, I still feel it’s a pity you are giving up singing because of him. But as your best friend, you have my most sincere wishes. Have a blissful marriage and happiness be with you always.

Hyorin: Thank you.

However, nobody knows Hyorin’s dream will turn out to be her worst nightmare. A nightmare which seems to haunt her forever.