Chapter 4

Remember Me?

I followed this stranger as he led me through the streets of Seoul. While we were walking I realized two things. One I had no idea who this person was and two where he was actually taking me. He seemed to be avoiding all the crowded streets, taking the back streets where not many people were walking. He also held his head down as if avoiding the eyes of the public. A little nervous I tried to catch up to him and match his pace. He, still keeping his head low looked over at me. He smiled warmly and I was somewhat reassured. Still, I wanted to find out more about this man. I finally broke the silence and asked him,
"Thank you so much. This means a lot.... um" I said, trying to bring it up casually. He ignored me and continued to walk. I tried again.
"Sorry, I didn't get a chance to catch your name." I said and this time he looked over. After some contemplation he looked at me and stopped. He bowed his head and said
"Chanyeol." and I quickly bowed my head in a pathetic attempt to copy his but mine was sloppy. it was amazing how he made even a simple head bow look graceful but he did. He kept walking and then stopped.
"What's your name?" he asked me and I replied.
"Kari. Thank you Chanyeol-shi. You have helped me out so many times today even though you don't even know me." I was so thankful that I couldn't even express it in words. We continued to walk and after a few more streets we finally reached a large building. It was magnificent. The entire thing was new and modern. We walked towards the door and I looked up and the entire area was made of glass. The lobby of the building was extravagant and I stood, staring in awe. I didn't realize that Chanyeol-shi had already walked infront of me. He turned around and I could see him trying to supress laughter. I caught a hold of myself and continued walking. He said hello to the receptionsist and continued to guide me towards the elevators. We got on and he pressed the top most floor and a few floors beneath that. Before the doors opened for his floor he turned and looked at me.
"I need to get off here Kari-shi. Just go to the top most floor and ask for the director. You should be able to find your way to his office. I'll see you later." The doors and opened and he got off. He turned around and bowed just as the doors were closing again. As weird as it was, in the hour or so that we had spent together, I had gotten used to his company. The elevator opened once again and I got off cautiously. I turned the corner and saw that there weren't many people there but those that were there seemed awfully busy. I walked to reception and asked them to see the director, following Chanyeol-shi's directions exactly. The lady told me to go down the hallway and turn the right and the office at the end would be his.
I walked down the hallway and turned. There at the end was the office of this so called director. This was the office of the man SM. I walked al the way down this second hallway and got to the door. I stood infront and could hear fainte voices coming from inside. Someone was yelling and then I heard footsteps. Before I could move out of the way, the door swung open. Down again for the second time today. It really wasn't a good day. Thankfully it didn't hurt as bad as before because of the carpet but I looked up. I saw a shocked face staring back at me and suddenly I gasped.

Who is it that she ran into?