Chapter 1

Remember Me?

I walked through the crowded streets of Korea, unsure about where I was going. As I walked, vague memories of my childhood flashed through my mind. I kept thinking about when my mom, dad, and I used to live together happily. As one family. Not anymore though. When I was seven, my mom and dad got a divorce. They used to argue so much about how my dad didn't have time for his family anymore and how he was always at work. The fighting got so bad that they ended their relationship and our happy family. I moved with my mom to back to England. I stayed there for most of my life. My mom brought me back to Korea once just so that I could get exposed to the culture and the other part of myself. I regained all the lost Korean I had over those few years and once again became fluent. I kept practicing my Korean even back home with the intention of coming to Korea and searching for my father.

As all these thoughts rushed through my head I had no idea where I was walking. I stopped and realized that I was completely lost. I tried asking around to see if I could get directions back but I had no where to go back to. I had no idea where I was suppose to search or who I was suppose to ask for. All my mom told me was SM. She said that is what my dad's name was and that he never really told her what his job was. They fell in love and got married before really knowing each other. I guess that's one of the reasons for their divorce. I kept walking around the streets desperate to find someone that could help me. Just as I was about to turn around, I saw a internet cafe and ran towards it. I was in such a hurry that I didn't notice the door swing open. It hit me and down I went. I could feel the pain in my back and it took me a few seconds before I could open my eyes. Everything was a little fuzzy, but I saw someone staring down at me. I couldn't see his face clearly because he was wearing a hat that covered his face. His hair swooped over his forehead and his hand was covering the rest of his face. I saw his lips moving and suddenly I heard him talking.

"Are you okay?" He asked reaching his hand out to help me up. I, pretty embarrassed and somewhat irritated, got up myself,completely ignoring his hand.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied curtly and gave him a glare. His looked at me and his eyes were apologetic and big. I never knew what puppy dog eyes really were but I bet he could define them. Looking at those eyes, I immediately felt bad for being so rude. He didn't seem like a bad guy. He seemed genuinely sorry so I calmed myself down and said to him
"Sorry, it was my fault. I should have..." Suddenly he smirked as he ran away. I stood there, unsure of what just happened. He turned around and with a cocky smile said
"Glad you understand. It was nice... running into you." He winked and turned around, leaving me staring. What just happened?

Who is it that she just ran into?