Chapter 16

Remember Me?

I walked out of the room, completely numb. I couldn’t believe what I had just done. The door closed behind me and I unconsciously walked on. What was I going to do now? Lee Ka Eul? I was Lee Ka RI! Why had I done that? I walked past the reception desk without saying anything, straight to the elevators.  Once at the elevators, I just stood there without doing anything. I saw a chair by the corner and collapsed in it. I had to process what I had just done and what I was going to do after this. I could always go back and say something to him. I could tell him that I wasn’t Lee Ka Eul but Lee Kari. But what would happen if that man ended up not being my father. It wasn’t like that would solve my problem right now. No. I already said I was Lee Ka Eul so I would have to stick to that story. Anyways, this would be helpful too. This way I could spend more time around him and figure out if this Lee Soo Man was SM; if he was my father. That would work. I also couldn’t use the nonexistent money I had to support myself in Korea. I needed a job anyways. It didn’t seem like the real Lee Ka Eul was anywhere to be seen anyways. She must not have shown up for the interview. What was done was done. I just had to go one from here.

It’s okay Kari. Let’s go on from here. If you do find out that that man is your father, then you can tell him. If not then you can leave this job after you find out. Either way, you have to pretend to be Lee Ka Eul. I managed to calm myself down and slowly I got up. With a new sense of purpose I went to the elevators again. I was stronger and I could deal with this. I just had to somehow get the guys to say I was Lee Ka Eul not Lee Kari. I would need Hye Mi’s help with this situation. I would have to tell her everything I was up to.  

I went to the lobby and asked the security guard if Hye Mi had come down. Frowning he pointed to a chair. Hye Mi was curled up and was obviously sleeping. A magazine whad fallen to the ground infront of her and people walking by were giving her weird stares. Had I been that long? I looked at the time and saw that it was almost one. I was running super late. I ran over to her and tried to wake her up.

“Hye Mi-ah. Hye Mi-ah. Wake up. I have so much I have to tell you.” Crap. We had to go to lunch too. Wow! Great first impression I must be making.

“Hye Mi-ah! Wake up. We have to go. We are running really late.” I shook her and she awoke with a start.

“You’re an idiot; you and your fangirls.” She sputtered rubbing her eyes. She looked up at me and her eyes grew wide. She immediately stood up, clearly too fast because she fell right back down.

“Kari-ah. Did you finish whatever you had to finish?” She braced herself and got up again, slower this time.

“Yeah. About that. I have a lot to tell you once we get home but first, we are running really late. Let’s go. We have to go to lunch remember.” She groaned but followed me as I ran past the guard again. We got onto the elevators and went back to the practice rooms. We were one really late and I had so much on my mind that I didn’t know if I could pay attention. For the second time that day, I opened the door to the practice room, only this time, Kai was waiting there with everyone behind him. They turned around in unison as we came in and Kai’s face broke out into a huge smirk. What now?  

 

How do you think Kari should proceed with this situation? Also just a poll, do you think I should have a love triangle (2 boys and the girl or 2 girls and the boy) or just go directly to the two parallel love tracks?