Chapter 20

Remember Me?

I want to apologize for not updating in so long. I was swamped at school so I didn't have time. I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

The next morning, I was up earlier than usual and got ready. I went and woke Hye Mi up and after she put up a good fight she finally gave up and got ready. We got to SM Entertainment a little earlier than we were supposed to. This time the guard gave us a look when we showed him out IDs. In his mind we were reporters who had suddenly started working in SM. I just smiled and walked in after Hye Mi. We took the elevator and went to top floor. There I waved to the secretary and she smiled in recognition.

“Hello.” I said. “Is the Director in?” The secretary nodded and she held her finger up, letting us to know to wait. She called the Director and after talking a bit she put the phone down.

“He says that you should go down to the practice rooms. He’ll meet you there.” I thanked her for her help and with Hye Mi went back to the elevators. We went down to the practice rooms. Even though I had only come here two days ago, this place already seemed so familiar. Hye Mi jogged in front of me and turned around quickly.

“What are you doing?” I whisper shouted at her, almost losing my balance.

“Do you really have to do this? Can’t you just tell the director you’re his daughter? If he looks at you like you’re crazy then you know that he isn’t your father. What’s the point in dragging this out so much? All I know is that I can’t deal with that Chanyeol guy for that long. I might end up just killing him. How can one person be that annoying? And do you hear him when he talks. Can someone with that face have that voice? Is it even possible? What? Why are you…” I was trying to hold my laughter as Hye Mi slowly turned around. There stood Chanyeol-shi. He had an amused look on his face and Hye Mi backed away stunned. She was slowly turning red.

“What’s wrong with my voice? Please continue. I was really enjoying listening to you yap. At least your words distract people from your face.” Hye Mi snapped out of her daze, immediately becoming defensive.

“Ha. That’s ironic coming from you. You are a contradiction personified. Have you seen your face? Have you heard your voice? I would look at yourself before talking about someone else. Distract from my face, as if.” She mumbled the last bit to herself making it obvious that his words had gotten to her. Satisfied, Chanyeol-shi turned towards me and smiled.

“Hello. How are you?” He asked politely making a 180 degree transformation. I couldn’t control myself and burst out laughing. Hye Mi turned to glare at me and then she turned around again, angry.

“Hye Mi-ah. He’s just kidding. It’s a joke. Let it go” I tried to calm her down with no prevail.

“Chanyeol hyung, I thought I heard a horse.” Kai came out of the practice room and looked at me.

“Oh, it’s just you. Welcome to your first day.” His words were dripping with sarcasm and I was ready with the reply.

“Thank you. Please take care of me. I’ll be sure to take care of you.” I said it was a smile but my eyes said welcome to hell. Obviously having nothing to say, Kai just turned to Hye Mi.

“Hello. I don’t think I have formally introduced myself. I’m Kai. I remember you from yesterday. Hye Mi- shi was it?” He had transformed into a complete angel and bowed. Hye Mi bowed back and shook his extended hand.

“Yes. It’s a pleasure to meet you Kai-shi.” Hye Mi replied and with a glare shot towards me and Chanyeol-shi, she walked inside. Kai followed her in only after sending me a stink eye as well. This was going to be a long day.

Do you think Hye Mi and Kai will end up as friends or more?