Chapter 21 (Chanyeol Special)

Remember Me?

From Chanyeol's point of view

I led Kari-shi into the practice room and went in after her. She said hello to everyone in the room and everyone else said the same. It would take sometime getting used to having her around here. And some time to get used to the presence of Hye Mi as well. As I went over to talk to the guys my eyes wandered around the room. She stood alone in a corner and my leg moved to walk to her when Kari-shi went over to her. I looked back at D.O. and nodded as if I was still in the conversation but again I couldn’t control my eyes. They once again wandered back to her. Kari-shi was talking to her and she seemed genuinely upset. I worried that I had seriously offended her and again my leg moved towards her but then she broke out into a smile. She continued smiling as she talked and my face broke out into a smile too. However, her face changed suddenly distorting into a glare. I looked around and realized it was aimed at me. I was still smiling and that made her glare more. Kari-shi and she resumed their conversation and I wondered what they were talking about. Was it about me? Then it hit me that the conversation around me had stopped. I looked at everyone else and they just looked back at me.

“What do you think hyung? What should we do?” I was completely out of it and hadn’t paid attention to what they said.

“Um… about what?”

“About the interview. What else.”

“I um…” as I was thinking, the door opened and in walked the Director. Kari-shi and Hye Mi walked over to join the rest of the group and we all bowed in unison. The director did a small bow and he smiled. He gestured for Kari-shi and Hye Mi to join him and they walked forward. Kari-shi was unsure but Hye Mi had this confident stride. They stood by his side and turned to us.

“I am glad you have met. I was told that you had lunch together yesterday and I hope that you have gotten to know each other a little bit better. These two will be working here for a while. It is temporary to see how well they adjust here. I hope you all work well together.” With this he turned towards just Hye Mi and Kari-shi.

“You will be responsible for a few things. You have to keep all the members on their schedules. You will also be responsible for managing all their interviews and getting the questions and drafting answers. You have to go everywhere they go and keep their image up in the public. They are still a new group so we don’t want scandals or anything of that sort. Fan signs and etcetera will be managed by you. All in all you have to manage EXO. They have managers who will find them interviews and show opportunities but the rest is up to you. Since there are two of you I am sure you will do well. Is that okay?” I looked at the exasperated look on Hye Mi’s face as she shot a worried glance at Kari-shi. I couldn’t help but let out a laugh and everyone turned to look at me. She glared and I tried to cover it up as a cough. I think she got it though. Kari-shi spoke,

“We understand. We will work hard. Thank you.” Hye Mi bowed unenthusiastically and Kari-shi gave her a look.

“That’s good. I have a meeting so I have to go. See you all some other time. Good bye.” The Director left and we were left in the awkward silence. The two girls turned to face us and looked scared. Kai sneered as he said

“You forgot to mention yesterday that this was temporary. You won’t last here. Thank god the Director told us today. I though he had completely lost it, hiring a stalker like you.”

“I think he did loose it the day he scouted you.” Kari-shi replied and everyone muffled their laughter. Hye Mi seemed normal again but every time I caught her eyes, I saw something flash. I couldn’t put my finger on the emotion, but it was something that she was trying to hide from everyone. What was it?

What do you think Hye Mi is trying to hide? What is that emotion that keeps flashing through her eyes?