Chapter 11

Remember Me?

After an hour or so we were in front of the SM Entertainment building again. I didn’t know if I could just walk in. I looked at Hye Mi and she understood my hesitation. She started walking and gestured for me to follow. We walked in together without a problem and then we were stopped at the lobby by a large security guard.

“Sorry, you can’t go further than this. If you’re reporters you have to make an appointment before you can go anywhere. Before I could think of anything Hye Mi started talking,

“Yeah we do have an appointment. We made one with… Chanyeol-shi before. You can call him.” She said and the security guard walked over to the telephone. I looked at her, not knowing what to say. How could she just lie like that?

“What?” She shrugged. “You know the guy. He might as well be useful for something. Don’t say anything. Let me do all the talking.”

She smiled as the guard came back and he nodded to let us in. I thought he would let leave us alone but he followed us. As he left another security guard took his position. He got into the elevators with us and pressed the button. He wouldn’t let us do anything. Finally the doors opened and we walked out. He motioned for us to go in front of him and then we walked by numerous practice rooms.  Finally, we stopped at one of the doors and he told us this is where they were. Hye Mi thanked him and I did as well and he waited for us to go in before leaving. Hye Mi opened the door and we both walked inside.

Right as we walked in music blasted. There were five guys all in hoodies practicing.  They were moving around the room, dancing. It was fantastic to watch. They were all synchronized as if the same force moved each one of their body parts in unison. The song ended and they all clapped. I clapped too without realizing and they all turned and looked at me and Hye Mi. It was one of the most awkward moments of my life as they all just stared at me. However, from the back Chanyeol-shi appeared. I was thankful to see someone I knew.

“Kari-shi. I see you found your way here.” He said moving to the front of the group.

“Yeah. It wasn’t that hard.” Hye Mi replied curtly and he turned and looked at her.

“Oh. You’re here too. Great.” Hye Mi scoffed again and just glared. Chanyeol-shi ignored her and turned back to me.

“Let me introduce you to everyone else.” He said and turned to the group.

“Everyone, this is Kari. She came from England to meet with our director about something. I bumped into her yesterday and she said that she needed help finding SM. Kari-shi, this is D.O., Baekhyun, Suho hyung, and Sehun. These are the other members of EXO.” He pointed each person out and they bowed in hello. I bowed back saying hello to everyone. After my hellos everyone’s attention turned to Hye Mi who was just looking around the room.

“Oh. Hello. I’m Hye Mi. I’m Kari’s friend.” She bowed too and Chanyeol-shi just shook his head.

“Anyways, did you like the song? It’s one of first ones. We aren’t as experienced as some of the others from this company.” he said.

“Yeah it was a great song. I really liked the dancing. It was great.” I counted in my head. Including Chanyeol-shi there were five people.

“Um, I might be wrong but didn’t you say that there were six people in your group?”

“Oh yeah. Um…”

“Okay everyone… I just heard the best news. Get excited because…” A new guy had walked into the room.

“Oh here he is. Kari-shi this is Kai. The last member of EXO.” K-A-I. KAI?!

How is Kari going to react finding out that Kai is in EXO too? How is he going to react? Wait for it. <3