Chapter 26 (Hye Mi Special)

Remember Me?

Hye Mi point of view

            “I have to go upstairs and grab the answer sheets. I think I forgot it in the practice room. Just get everyone started and you and I can take a taxi there or something.” Kari said to me. I nodded and she dashed away. It was sad to see how much she was doing for her father. That cruel man who left her. She should be more like me. I don’t dwell on the past. What happened happened. No point in crying about it now. As these thoughts raced through my head I made sure everyone was in the van. At that moment, Chanyeol stepped out. He just loved making my life more difficult.

            “Why are you getting out of the van? In case you don’t understand, the point is to be inside when the car starts driving away, not outside.” I was happy with my response and I turned pointing for him to go back into the van.

            “Kai’s not here. We can’t leave without him. Do you want me to go look for him?” I ignored his question and just looked back in the van. 1,2,3,4…5 but no 6. Chanyeol was right. He wasn’t there. I glanced around to see if I could find him and saw Chanyeol-shi about to move. I grabbed his arm to stop him and he turned around.

            “Don’t go. We can’t lose track of you too. Just stay here and we’ll wait for a bit. Maybe he went back to get something.” I pulled him back and started looking around again. I could feel his eyes on me, so I turned around. Normally people turn back after someone catches them staring but not Chanyeol. He just kept looking at me as if I had done something.

“Why are you staring at me?” I asked and he didn’t say anything just looked down. I followed his eyes saw that I hadn’t let go of his hand. My hand immediately dropped and I turned around. I could feel the blood rushing to my face and knew that I would turn red if I didn’t control myself. I could see Chanyeol turn and look around for Kai with an entertained expression. God I couldn’t stand this guy. After I thought I went back to normal, I turned and looked at him and this time just cleared my throat to get his attention. He faced me and his eyebrows perked up with curiosity.

“I’m going to go look for him in the lobby. If he comes out while I’m still inside, get back in the van, the both of you and go to the station. We’ll come after. Does that make sense? Please try not to mess this up.” I groaned as I left thinking about whether or not it was okay to leave. That guy didn’t seem like he could do anything and even if it was my first day, I was uneasy about leaving it up to him.

            I went to the lobby and started looking around. He was no where in sight and when I asked around no one told me they had seen him. One lady said that fans should wait till fan signs and not disturb the boys at there dorms. That pissed me off so I left and went back out. To my dismay Chanyeol was still standing there and the van hadn’t left meaning no Kai. The door of the van was closed. I was walking back to the van to wait in front. My mind was wandering, worrying about Kari and how we couldn’t be late on our first day. As I got closer to the van, my foot hit something hard and a pain shot up my leg. I gasped in pain and felt my self going down. I guess that would have been better than what actually happened.

            I crashed into Chanyeol who stood there surprised. Just as we were both about to go down he steadied himself and grabbed my arm to steady me as well. I was still on his chest and looked up after I felt stable again. He looked down, stunned and laughing. I tried to stand up and I guess too fast and once again I was going down but this time I didn’t crash I just felt a hand stop me. I got up slower this time and walked slowly to the front of the van. I knew he was laughing but I just avoided looking anywhere in that direction. It’s okay. All I have to do now is go and live in a cave for a century or two and maybe then I’ll live this down. I was shocked when he started talking.

            “So what’s wrong with you today? You seem clumsier than usual? Are you distracted or… just looking for skinship?” he laughed to himself and I completely ignored everything he said. This made him laugh harder.

            “You’re welcome by the way. You know for lending you my body to break your fall. Anytime.” I couldn’t even look at him. Where was Kari. Where was Kai. When would this day be over and I could leave. It had been simply mortifying. Just then I saw the doors open and Kari came running out. She saw me and then the van and came rushing over.

            “Why didn’t you leave yet? I told you to get everyone started to the station. Why is the car still here?” I motioned to Kai and I saw that she understood.

            “Okay it’s fine let’s just go now. Chanyeol-shi and Kai get in the car. We have to start.” He nodded innocently at her and opened the van door. He looked at me and I shot him a scowl. He smiled back mockingly and got into the van. This was it. I left to get another car for me and Kari. No way I was sitting in that van, even if there was room.

How do you think Hye Mi and Chanyeol’s relationship will progress from now? What about Kai and Kari? How are these two awkward couples going to end up? Keep reading.