Chapter 2

Remember Me?

Completely flustered from what I had just experienced, I slowly made my way into the internet cafe. I sat down at one of the computers and opened up an Internet Explorer window. Girls around me were all flocking around one computer, giggling and screaming. I pulled my iPod out of my pockets and put them in. I shut those girls out with my own music and began my search. I didn't know what to search. I went to a people search website to see if I could find my father through there. I searched SM in the initials but nothing came up. I tried using SM in however many places and ways I could. I assumed he still lived in Seoul but honestly I had no idea. I really didn't know what I had expected to find in Korea knowing nothing about my father but I had to try. I had nothing left to do. I went onto Google and looked up SM Korea. A few things came up but as I scrolled I finally found something that fit my search exactly. But it said SM Town. I clicked on the site to see what it was.
A bunch of Korean people came up but no one who looked remotely like my father. I continued searching through the website but found nothing. I went back to Google and looked up SM Entertainment and found a Wikipedia page about SM Entertainment. I clicked on it and waited with anticipation. I was hoping that I would finally find what I was looking for. I waited as the site loaded and read.
"S.M. Entertainment is an independent Korean record label, talent agency, producer, and publisher of pop music, founded by Lee Soo-man in South Korea"
Lee Soo-man. Was this who I had been searching for. Was this my father? It wasn't possible. My father couldn't be the president of a company. I couldn't be this man's daughter. Just because the initials came up didn't make me his daughter. Still, I wrote down the name and printed out the page. I logged off the computer and went and got my page of information. For some reason, I was nervous. Somewhere deep in my heart I think I hoped that this man was my father. I hoped that there was a reason that my father had left us. That he had succeeded and that abandoning his family had been worth it in the end. A part of me didn't want to meet my father because I didn't want to see that man who didn't find me or my mom important enough to care about, but another part of me just wanted to see him and ask him why he didn't care. I was confused and on the verge of tears. Scared that I might cry in public, I grabbed the piece of paper and left. I ran out and continued to run. I just kept thinking that I had to wait just a little bit. Then I could cry. Just some more. As I ran I tuned everything and everyone around me out. I heard the faint sound of footsteps following me but I just ran faster. I kept running, not stopping to look behind me. 
 

Who do you think the person following her is? ;) Thanks for reading.