Chapter 25

Remember Me?

            I was completely flustered. What was he doing? I had no where to go and I just looked at him. His face was too close to mine for me to do anything.

“What are you doing? Move. We need to go!” I tried pushing him but he wouldn’t budge. He was stronger than I thought. He just kept staring at me with the same amused expression. I stopped struggling and just looked back at him. I couldn’t tell what it was but his eyes were different. His expression was a smirk but his eyes were saying something else. I just couldn’t figure out what.

Suddenly, without moving any other part of his body, Kai’s arm shot up and pinned my hand to the wall. I was holding the sheets of paper in that hand and with his sudden touch I let go. I looked up and saw that they were falling around us and when I looked back I saw that Kai still hadn’t moved. Okay this was enough. We needed to go. I couldn’t make them late on my first day.

            “Okay. What do you want? Just tell me. Do you want me to apologize? I’m sorry for making fun of you and teasing you and anything else. Is that enough? Can we please go no….” I stopped mid sentence to Kai’s shushing. Once again his amused expression was back and this time he began talking.

            “You love talking don’t you? Is it a nervous reaction or do you just like the sound of your voice?” He had that devilish look in his eyes again and just as I was about to respond to his comment he started talking again.

            “I was angry. That’s why I came here. To see if I could scare you or at least give you a piece of my mind. But what can I say. I’m not angry anymore. The way you were laughing to yourself reading that sheet. It was cute. You thought you were pretty funny right?” he stopped there and stared at me for a while. His eyes changed back and once again I couldn’t read the emotion in them.

            “Anyways, I might as well get to the point. You have this confidence in you that most people don’t. You’re not scared to speak your mind. You also don’t scream whenever I come near you. Well you scream… but, not the way most girls do at least. You’re different.” With that he unpinned me and bent down and picked up all the fallen papers. He put them in my hand. I was still backed up against the wall, stunned silent. What just happened? What did he mean when he said all these things? Was he making fun of me again. Suddenly I felt his hand on my wrist and he was pulling me outside. He began running and I ran too. We got to the elevators and he got in. I hesitated but I got in as well. He was smiling when I looked at him. He caught me staring and looked back. My eyes immediately darted away and I turned to face forward. I saw his smile get even bigger from the corner of my eye. What was this guy’s problem?

            We got to the ground floor and I rushed out not able to stand the awkward tension. He caught up to me and for a moment we were walking together. We got to the doors and he held them open for me. I gave him a look and he just smiled. Not a smirk, just a smile. He was acting really weird. We got out and I found Hye Mi and Chanyeol-shi waiting for us outside. The car hadn’t left yet and I ran up to Hye Mi.

“Why didn’t you leave yet? I told you to get everyone started to the station. Why is the car still here?” She just looked at Kai and I understood. He hadn’t been there so they couldn’t leave.

“Okay it’s fine let’s just go now. Chanyeol-shi and Kai get in the car. We have to start.” Chanyeol-shi nodded and Hye Mi threw him a dirty look. Their relationship seemed worse than it was before. He threw her a teasing smile before getting into the van. Hye Mi went to get another car for us since there was no room in the van and I turned around to find Kai. I heard a whisper in my ear just as I was turning around.

“I like different.” I whipped around in time to see Kai get into the van and just aw he was closing the door, wink at me. The car drove off and I was standing there, mouth hanging wide open. What the heck did he just say?