Chapter 24

Remember Me?

“Okay we have to get going. The interview starts at 2 so we should be there at least an hour earlier to get ready.” I was shooing everyone out of the dorms. The guy’s dorms were a mess. There were bottles and take out containers everywhere. Hye Mi looked at the room with disgust and said,

“Do you guys ever clean? How can you live in something that looks like this?” She picked up one bottle and threw it in the trash can close by. As I continued to hurry people out of their rooms, I heard Chanyeol-shi reply to Hye Mi’s comment as he picked up a tissue and flicked it at her face. “You’re welcome to clean up our room at anytime.” She swatted away the tissue before pushing him out of the way too. She walked by me and navigated her way to each of the rooms. She banged on each of the doors and told everyone that we had to get going. Slowly everyone came out the rooms all ready to go. Finally we got out the door. I checked my bag and Hye Mi’s. She was walking along with everyone, straggling in the back.  

We got down and I realized that I had forgotten the sheet with all the answers. Everyone had already gotten into the van and I told Hye Mi to wait for me.

“I have to go upstairs and grab the answer sheets. I think I forgot it in the practice room. Just get everyone started and you and I can take a taxi there or something.” She said she would wait there and I ran upstairs. I noticed that I got many weird looks as I sprinted through the lobby, and who wouldn’t stare? I was the new girl who was now dashing through the company for god knows what reason. But I disregarded those looks. I had to get the sheets and get out. I got to the practice room and the light, immediately looking at the ground. I couldn’t find the sheets and I kept looking around. Finally at one corner I found a neat stack of the answers. Relieved I went and grabbed them. I saw that the top sheet was the script I had given Kai and I laughed. I started walking and was reading the sheet when I bumped into someone. I was laughing so hard when I looked up and saw an amused Kai. I suddenly stopped laughing and backed away. He continued to walk towards me with that same expression on his face. I was still backing away and I started talking to cut the weird tension between us. Was he really mad at me?

“What are you doing here?” No reply. Step forward.

“You were supposed to leave with the other guys.” Silence. Forward.

“What are you doing? You are going to be late. We have to go now.” I couldn’t take a step forward without bumping into him so I continued to back away. What was he doing? He was definitely mad. But no matter how mad, what was he doing? I didn’t understand what was going on but I didn’t stop moving backwards till, BAM. I felt a hard surface behind me and to my utmost despair I knew I had hit the wall. I didn’t look away from Kai and saw that his expression became even more amused. As I tried to slide to the right his arms shot out and rested against the wall, trapping me in the middle. I still had the papers in my hand and I was now trapped in between the arms of Kai. His face came up really close and he said….

 

What will Kai say to Kari? What is he doing? Read the next chapter to find out. Tell me what you thought of this chapter. J