Chapter 18

Remember Me?

After a few more seconds of coughing Kai managed to talk again. He blurted out

“No way. What do you mean secretary and events manager? That makes no sense.” He had gotten up and was fuming. I was enjoying this a lot. For the first time I had managed to fluster him and it sure felt nice.

“Aww? Why? Don’t you like that? You get to see me that much more often. You’ll like that right?” I cooed and saw that it made him madder.

“I should have figured that a crazy stalker like you would find some way to stick onto me. This is insane. I’m going to go talk to the director right now. I don’t think he realizes what a big mistake he made.” Kai began to walk out but Chanyeol stopped him. He took him aside and whispered. Kai seemed mad but Chanyeol-shi calmed him down and after a couple of minutes they rejoined the group. Kai, still irritated but calmer sat down next to Se Hun-shi. Chanyeol-shi looked at me and then said,

“Why don’t you explain yourself a little bit more.” I nodded, realizing that everyone was probably confused. I had gotten the reaction I had wanted from Kai so I sat down again and began to explain. My story was simple

I had applied in England knowing I needed a job in Korea for when I moved. When I was called in for an interview, I shifted to Korea a little early. I tried to meet with the director but couldn’t the day before so, I made an appointment for today. I didn’t know I would be working for EXO until today.

“So, is this permanent or temporary? Are you moving back to England?” this question was asked by Suho-shi and I shook my head no.

“I am planning on staying in Korea and hopefully you all like me enough to keep me here.” I said shooting a glance at Kai. He glared back and I quickly looked away. I looked back and the group and it seemed each of them was contemplating. Of course it made sense since none of them really knew me all that well. Chanyeol-shi smiled and looked at me.

“We are all really happy to work with you. Right?” Everyone nodded except for Kai who sat, still moping. I looked at Hye Mi and she smiled.

“Oh right. Hye Mi will be helping me out.” I said and this time Chanyeol choked on his water.

“Wha... what?” he sounded utterly surprised and Hye Mi responded instead of me.

“Why? What’s wrong with me helping out my friend? You didn’t think I’d leave her all alone when she doesn’t know anything about Korea or… you, right?” she scoffed in her typical fashion and looked away. Chanyeol-shi looked appalled and I wondered what was going on between these two. Why were they so bitter. Either way, I didn’t have time to worry about that right now.

“Is this okay with everyone?” I asked the entire group and waited for their response in anticipation.

 

Do you think the group will say yes or does Kari have to find another way to get Hye Mi into the building everyday?