32

Of The Guardians: Inheritor [Being Made Into a Novel Series]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm looking for an editor for this or my other stories.  If you are interested, please send in an application through PM~ 
Nothing special. Just write about why you want to be and editor and how often your can work.

 

“It’s not: I jumped in, and it was cold. No. It was cold, and I jumped in. Always arrange a sentence so you appear to be fearless, when in fact you are far less than fearless—you are clueless. 
” 

- Jarod Kintz, At even one penny, this book would be overpriced.
In fact, free is too expensive, because you'd still waste time by reading it.

 

"Your hair, it's s-short. Like... really short," he said. You blinked and felt your scalp. Kai was right. All your long black hair was gone. Only some of your hair remained. Coming to this realization, you sharply gasped, going into a brief state of shock. "My hair..." you said. Kris flew beside you, taking you into his secure arms as he brought you down to the cave floor. You did not dare to look him in the eye, nor anyone else's for that matter. Your heart had sunk. Too many emotions were filling your mind for you to even comprehend in that moment.

"T-that creature deceived my people! How could we not see who she was?!? How could we have been fooled by such evil forces?!?!" Baekhyun said, pacing back and forth as he berated himself. "You couldn't see because she cast something over your city," Suho said. "There was a haze covering your eyes and ours as well." Irra's body was contained within his water barrier, the gruesome features still visible after being scorched.

"She's not a being who belongs in Athosia any longer," Kris said, eyeing the body carefully. You furrowed your eyebrows, not understanding what that statement meant. "What?" Tao asked. He looked just as confused as you were. Kris continued to stare at the floating form. "Suho. Did you perhaps read about something like this in the Passages of Faydar?" he asked sternly. The scribe looked at him with widened eyes and back at Irra's body. "...I believe I did."

Luhan choked a bit. "Wait! In the Passages of Faydar?" Suho nodded. "But doesn't that mean it's..." Luhan trailed off, looking back at Kris. He hoped they were just joking. Kris bit his lower lip and nodded as well. "What does that even mean?!?!" Kai said impatiently. Along with Tao and you, Kai was also quite lost on the secret code the others were talking in.

"It means this creature is from the time of the Guardians," Baekhyun answered gravely. "It's supposed to be locked away." Your eyes shot open. "So this confirms that the gate is open," you concluded. Suho looked at you and nodded. His face was covered in a darkened expression. "We must tell the Council!" he exclaimed. You all agreed and quickly went back to Baekhyun's house to contact them.

"Luhan, that sphere was given to you by Junsu. Perhaps it can be used to communicate," Suho said as he sat down the fair-skinned boy, trying to help figure out how to use it. Luhan nodded and took the ball out of his bag, fiddling with it as the rest of you piled inside. "I must report the events accurately to my King. Would one of you two mind coming with me to testify?" Baekhyun asked, motioning to you and Tao. Your eyes darted to the taller boy. "I'll go. Kora needs her rest," Tao said as he walked to the door. "But Tao! You're hurt!" you argued, walking after him to go instead.

He turned and grabbed your wrists lightly. "Kora, you have done more than you know, and I'm fine," he replied, smiling slightly as he released you. You frowned and looked down. "But you need more care than I do. You got burned and-" "Hey, I said I'm fine, right?" he chuckled. "I promise to see a healer before I come back." You sighed and nodded. Tao patted your head before walking out with Baekhyun. "We'll return as soon as we can," Baekhyun announced before the two men left out the door.

You sighed and strolled through the house. Kris and Kai were sitting at the dining table; one was studying a ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter