5

Of The Guardians: Inheritor [Being Made Into a Novel Series]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We is in Dream Country,' the BFG said. 'This is where all dreams is beginning.” 

- Roald Dahl, The BFG

 

Though you had been flying for many hours now, you were still as excited and nervous as you had been when you and Kris first took off. The sky was clear, the breeze was soothing, and the landscapes you saw were breathtaking. You couldn’t get enough it; flying had been everything you had imagined when you were young and exceedingly more!

When you felt comfortable, you finally allowed your head to rest on Kris’ shoulder. He tensed up at first, but relaxed after a few seconds. He then began to ask you questions about life in the tribe of Iren and you in turn asked him about life in the tribe of Elinzar. You two chatted up a storm and found out a lot about each other’s culture and heritage.

You loved Kris’ stories about taming dragons. They were so cool and fascinating. “I wish I could tame dragons. It sounds so fun!” you told him. He laughed. “It may be fun, but it’s very dangerous,” he warned. You smirked at him. “Is there anything fun that isn’t? Dangerous is my definition of fun!” you laughed. He turned to you and smiled brightly.

Suddenly, there was a loud screech. You looked up and saw two flying creatures hovering above you. Kris raised his gaze and nodded. The two creatures instantly dove down, plummeting at high speed, abruptly stopped, and floated gracefully next to you. 

“Griffins…” you whispered as you stared in awe at the beautiful creatures. The griffins were being ridden by masked men, their masks covering everything but their eyes. They wore silver and blue armor with the symbol of Ordea on their plates.

“Kris, messenger of Ordea escorting Kora of the tribe of Iren, summoned by the Council of Ordea,” Kris said with a stern face to one of the riders. The rider stared at Kris and then at you for an uncomfortable amount of time. He then started laughing.

“HAHAHA!!! Kris! Why do you have to be so formal all the time?!?! It cracks me up!!!” the rider said, the other rider laughing along with him. Kris grinned. “It’s my job, isn’t it?” he said. Both riders howled in laughter as they flew. “Hello, Kora, is it?” one of them asked you. You nodded. “That’s a really pretty name. You are almost arriving at the city, so prepare yourself to land soon!” he said. “Okay, thank you.”

“You two are free to land; have a safe arrival!” the other said as he and his fellow rider signaled to their griffins and ascended into the sky above you. “Wow, does everyone in Ordea get to fly their own griffin or dragon?” you asked Kris in excitement. “Not everyone, only people with occupations where flight is necessary."

“Oh,” you said in disappointment. Kris chuckled at your response and ruffled your hair. “Don’t worry, maybe you’ll get to fly one while you’re in Ordea. Don’t be upset!” he said, trying to cheer you up. You smiled. “Okay!” you sang, making him grin. Something glinted in the distance; the light then grew larger and brighter. You looked up and gasped. “Kora, welcome to Ordea,” Kris whispered. He navigated Aeyow, making him slowly descend.

The sun that reflected off the tall buildings and houses made the whole area look like a sea of glass. It looked amazing, so serene and peaceful like an untouchable paradise, a utopia hidden from all the troubles of the rest of Athosia. “Wow...” you whispered. That was all you could say because you were literally speechless. You had never seen anything like it. Your tribe’s village was nothing compared to this. It was so pristine and noble-looking. Ordea looked so vast and large as if it went on forever.

“This is Orcana, the main city of the Kingdom of Ordea. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter