6

Of The Guardians: Inheritor [Being Made Into a Novel Series]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Look. (Grown-ups skip this paragraph) I'm not about to tell you this book has a tragic ending, I already said in the very first line how it was my favorite in all the world. But there's a lot of bad stuff coming.

 - William Goldman, The Princess Bride 

 

You walked inside the building, Suho to your left, and Kris to your right. The inside was even more breath-taking than the outside. The decor was a beautiful gold with blue designs on white walls. But because of the sunlight coming through the large, broad windows, the whole room was covered in a beautiful gold veil of light.

There were amazing engravings in every pillar and wall, each depicting incredible images of what appeared to be battles, regions of Athosia, and strange creatures. You stared at them in awe of their beauty and craftsmanship, but the one picture that really caught your eye was the one of hooded figures. You felt drawn to them, but you didn't have time to linger.

The three of you continued walking down a hallway until you reached two large gold doors. Kris and Suho each grabbed one of the door handles and pulled them open. Inside was a large, spherical room. The roof of the room was made completely out of glass, allowing you to see beautiful birds flying overhead. In the far end of the room, there was a long, crescent-shaped table which was elevated quite a far distance from the ground.

Seated at the table were six people, five men and one woman. They all wore similar white clothes, but each had a differently colored embroidery. They all had a strange emotion on their faces, worried and grim, but also excited and joyous. You couldn't really explain it. As you approached them, they gave you bright smiles.

Suho pulled away from you and Kris, walking towards a small desk at the side of the room which was a few inches away from the the crescent table. He pulled out a large book and a pen. Dipping the pen into the small bottle of ink on the desk, Suho began writing a new section in The Book of the Council. This was te book in which all meetings between the different Councils of Ordea were recorded in detail. Suho was the assigned scribe for this particular chapter.

"Council of Ordea, this is Kora of the tribe of Iren, for whom you summoned I, Kris, Messenger of Ordea, to ," Kris announced. You and Kris bowed your heads in respect. You raised your head and looked carefully at each Council members. Each of them was breathtaking. They looked as if they weren't human. They were seated so that the woman and one of the men were sitting at the center of the table and the remaining men were at the left and right of the table.

"Thank you, Kris, for escorting her safely to Ordea," the man sitting in the center said to Kris. He stood up; the others followed his example and stood as well. "I am Yunho, member of the Council of Ordea," he said, bowing his head. He was a tall man, and you could tell from the way that he stood that he was well built. His clothes were embroidered with red.

"I am Max, member of the Council of Ordea," said the man directly to his left. He was the tallest of all the members of the council. The clothes he was wearing were embroidered with intricate yellowish gold designs. He gave you a huge smile and bowed his head.

"I am Junsu, member of the Council of Ordea," greeted the man to the far left. He gave you a very graceful bow. The clothing he wore had orange writing on it, but you couldn't really make out what was written because of the distance between you two.

"I am Jaejoong, member of the Council of Ordea," the man on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter