A Hard Life Begins

Just A Distant Memory [REWRITING] -under construction 7/12/13

----

Now that I think of it .. I don't really like Seunghyun living with us ..

"Why does Seunghyun have to live with us? I know he needs a home and friends and all that stuff but seriously?," Jonghyun grumbled under his breath.

Me and Jonghyun were cursing this whole problem out quietly while munching on our morning cereal in the living room. Both of us seemed like the grumpiest people in the apartment but .. the most was .. well ..

" motherer stealer loner piece of shi--"

"WHOA KEY. No need for the curse words ..," Jonghyun said suddenly surprised from Key's choice of words.

"Yeah Key, calm down ..," I said taking another bite out of my cereal.

"HOW!? FREAKIN' CRYBABY BOY IS ROOMING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND!!" Key angrily shouted at us which made both me and Jonghyun flinch.

Jonghyun finished his bowl of cereal and stood up to walk over to the kitchen. But Key pressed his hand onto his chest and pushed him back in front of him.

"Hey person who owns this household. Kick Seunghyun out of my bedroom" Key demanded while glaring at him .. it was a scary sight to see ..

Jonghyun gulped and looked away from him not giving eye contact.

"I-I'd like to Key but .. Eun-Ae suggested on her own for Seunghyun to room with her .. and .. and not you ..," Jonghyun mumbled. Key's eyes widened with fury .. he started to twitch a little ... I looked down at the floor and covered my ears because when Key twitches and has that evil looking stare .. it's pretty obvious to what he was going to do next ..

"EUN-AE!!!!!!! HURRY THE HELL UP AND RUN DOWN HERE!!!!!"

Apparently pressing both my hands against my ears didn't work well enough ..

We all looked upstairs because the slam of a door made us jump. We saw Eun-Ae walk up to the railing from upstairs and look down on us with a blank face.

"Key, don't worry .. I'll buy you veggies for Valentine's Day next week I didn't forget..," Eun-Ae said in a monotone voice.

Yes, gross as it sounds and odd .. Key loves and I mean LOVES vegetables .. maybe that's why he's so fit and healthy looking and strong everyday? .. Hmm, I don't know but the boy is insanely crazy about his veggies ... and for Eun-Ae .. she's just a big giant scary loving candy girl. Seriously .. boy who loves veggies with a girl who loves candy .. healthy versus unhealthy do you not see how that relationship doesn't balance? .. I just don't understand them ..

"No not that! Why are you allowing for Seunghyun to sleep in the same room as you? He could you in your sleep or stalk you in the shower!" Key worriedly said. Eun-Ae just rolled her eyes and looked back at Key.

"VeggieKey~ Your my boyfriend. Seunghyun isn't going to get me back TRUST me," Eun-Ae smiled.

"B-But Candy-ae~ I don't feel comfortable with you sleeping in the same room as you ex ..,"Key whined and gave his cute pouty face. 

I also found it strange to have those cheesy baby couple names .. I mean .. veggiekey and candyae? Eun-Ae sounds Canadian with that name! Not that I don't like Canadians because their pretty cool but .. really? Ay? .. no Key just .. no ..

There was a pause of awkward silence until Eun-Ae spoke up again.

"Too Bad, Seunghyun's still sleeping in our room. You could sleep on the floor if you want?" Eun-Ae said while walking down the stairs. Key just glared at her.

"Fine .. I WILL sleep on the ground .. only to push Seunghyun off the bed once your asleep," Key mumbled the last part.

"What?" Eun-Ae said not hearing his mumbling clearly.

"Nothing ...," Key grumbled and walked upstairs.

After watching that dramatic scene, since it's always a daily thing for Key and Eun-Ae to fight so we're all used to them, the three of us decided to have a nice friendly conversation in the living .. Friendly my ...

"So, Mee-Yon, how's Jiyong?" Eun-Ae asked while sipping her starbucks .. uhmm, don't ask about the starbucks it's just there okay?

"Oh Jiyong? He's f-- .." I stopped myself while I just realized something ... how is Jiyong? .. It's been only one month so far and I still haven't heard anything from him ... not that I want to go on crazy stalker mode and know where he's at every second of everyday but ... I kind of miss hearing from him ..

"He's what? He's ffffff?" Jonghyun said while making the sound of 'F's' Eun-Ae laughed at Jonghyun's comment but I remained silent.

"But being serious here," Jonghyun continued," Where is he? Is he still living with your Omma?"

I shook my head 'no' in response. "He's living with his friend, Youngbae" 

"Youngbae? .. Do you have his number so that we could call him to check up on Jiyong?" Eun-Ae smartly brought up.

"Genius! Durrr, contact his bestfriend's apartment," I said and slapped the top of my head.

"Well here's the phone, start dialing!" Eun-Ae said handing me the phone.

"So smart Eun-Ae. So smart ..," I said while dialing Youngbae's number in.

"Pssht, of course! I'm Eun-Ae! The genius of the group," She arrogantly stated.

Me and Jonghyun just blankly stared at her while she admired herself.

"I told you before that you have your smart moments occasionally .. maybe rarely ..," I said and place the phone against my ear. She was about to think of a comeback but I stopped her as a I threw a pillow at her face because I heard ringing on the other line.

Ring ...

Ring ....

Ri- .. "Yoboseyo?" a guy's voice said on the other line. 

"Omo! Youngbae? Is this you?" I happily said because he actually picked up his phone!

"Neh? Is this Mee-Yon?" He asked. 

"Mm. I called because I wanted to speak with Jiyong," I excitingly said. It was quiet on the other line so I said Youngbae's name once more.

"Oh, .. urm .. about J-Jiyong ..," Youngbae stuttered ..

"Neh? .. Is .. he .. he's with you right?" I said still trying to keep positive ..

"Ani .. he never showed up .. he called me maybe like a month ago that he was going to stay here but he never came ..,"

"MWO!?" 

"Mee-Yon, are you okay? What's he saying?" Eun-Ae asked and leaned forward in her seat. 

"Yeah .. I thought he was with you that's why he never showed up ... Is he not with you?" Youngbae said.

"Of course not, or else why would I be calling you so that I could speak with Jiyong!?"

"I .. I don't know ..," Youngbae quietly mumbled into the phone. 

"Aishh .. thanks anyways ... bye," I said and quickly hung up the phone. I looked up and saw the worried faces of Eun-Ae and Jonghyun. 

"Guys, ... Jiyong disappeared .."

----

"Hey! Stop stealing our food you came in here yesterday you little brat!"

The manager of the restaurant kept throwing stuff at me and shooed my out of the place ... I was getting stared at and it made me feel uncomfortable ..

"Neh, mianhe ..," I bowed.

"Bowing a thousand times to me won't solve this problem! Pay back or else!" She said once more and slapped my head really hard before walking away ... 

Whispers from among the restaurant were only heard and I bet you they were all talking about me .. the homeless guy ...

I stumbled out of the place and entered the cold dark premises outside .. the people outside were still giving me weird looks .. I just stared at the smoke like air they breathed out whenever they would scoff at me ... I never experienced this type of life before ... a life where you get shunned from everyone you pass by ... I thought about calling my parents but if they ask me how I got this way ... then Mee-Yon would be getting in trouble .. I don't want that ..

" of an Omma ..," I said to myself. Living with Youngbae won't work because if Mee-Yon ever in her right mind would want to talk to me that'll probably be the first place she'd call .. since I told her before she left that I was going to live with him from now on ..

I dragged my feet along the sidewalk not knowing where I was going .. I just kept bumping shoulders with people who passed by .. they always told me to apologize but I just ignored them and continued to walk ..

Walking this late with barely enough lights around to guide me was probably a bad thing to do .. but I'm homeless .. When Mee-Yon's Omma kicked me out of the house for me letting Mee-Yon live with Jonghyun secretly and not telling her about their secret days together she just couldn't take it anymore and kicked me out not giving me a chance to collect my belongings .. 

"What an ungrateful son you are! I can't believe I allowed you to be part of this family! You let Mee-Yon leave without telling me!? I don't even know where she is now! -slap- Leave my house! You are no longer part of my family, go live on the streets and set up a home for yourself! "

"Fine, I'll just call me parents-"

"No! If you call them and blame this all on me you wouldn't want to lose Mee-Yon right? I'll forbid you two to ever find each other if you call your parents! Just live on the street or find someone else to live with, just don't ever step on my property Jiyong!"

"Alright, just let me get my things-"

"No! Leave immediately! Just buy a blanket and sleep in an alley! Here"

She tossed Jiyong 5,000 won.

"This? This won't be enough to buy me a decent enough blanket! .. Scratch that this won't be enough for a real meal!"

"Then get a job you stubborn child!" 

"But-"

Jiyong was cut off from speaking when Mee-Yon's Omma suddenly slammed the door in his face .. he was left there standing in front of the house speechless and confused ... and this happened only a day after Mee-Yon left ...

"If only Mee-Yon's Appa was still here ..." I breathlessly said and looked up the the dark, starry sky ..

"How is it in heaven Appa?" I said to myself and smiled.

I stopped walking once I felt something tug onto my shirt .. I turned around and noticed a little boy standing in front of me ..

"What do you want?" I carelessly said to him. He stood there was a blank face ...

I sighed being impatient .. I looked away and then looked back at him.

"What is it? Did you think I stole you toy or something?" I said and pulled out my pockets and my torn up jacket to show him there was nothing ..

He still remained quiet ..

I just ignored him and turned back around. I continued walking until I felt one more tug .. I look back over my shoulder and noticed it was the little boy still .. I remained quiet because I didn't feel like yelling at him to leave me alone right now ... 

I stood there waiting for nothing to happen again ... I started to take my first step to begin walking to the unknown but I felt him hold my hand .. 

I looked down at me hand a little stunned .. I looked at his little sof t hand gripping onto mine for awhile until he let go .. I gasped upon seeing what he left in my hands .. 

"You need it, annyeong~" He waved good-bye and quickly ran away far from my sight .. I looked down at my hand .. realizing he left 100,000 won laying there .. 

I gripped onto the money and held it close to my chest .. I let out a couple tears which turned into a pitiful cry .. I was given strange looks but I couldn't hold it in anymore .. 

I fell down onto the sidewalk crying as hard as I could .. not knowing my life would turn from rich to poor .. from happy to pitiful .. from being loved to being heartbroken ...

------------------------------------------------------------

I updated (: hahaha. Finally ..

Jiyong's part will be a little more detailed in the next chapter .. keep subbing and commenting please? (: