A Little Push to Come Clean

Mr & Mrs Kwon Ji-Yong: Vita Dolce Moderato

Miss me? *winks*

____________

 

Seoul, 19 August 2009
 


I'm having a birthday dinner with YG Family. Yang sajangnim, 2NE1, Se7en hyung, Gummy noona, Teddy hyung, Kush hyung, and my Big Bang members are all here, except for TOP. He told me he couldn't come because he already made a promise to meet up with his old friend who just arrived from overseas. I already celebrated with my Big Bang members by going out drinking last night, so I don't mind that he's not here now.
 


Yesterday was also the launching day of my first solo album Heartbreaker. I was sad because my girlfriend couldn't come with me to celebrate with Big Bang because she had schedules all day. I actually wanted to pass my birthday together with her on the night of the 17th, but my mother asked me to come home to celebrate with my family and I couldn't say no. Gosh, with both of us being so busy lately, it's so hard to squeeze in a little time to be with my girlfriend. But, our relationship is going very well, so there are many things for me to be grateful about on my birthday this year. I'm officially 21, or 22 in Korean age, and I love getting older. Some people might not like it, but as someone who has an older girlfriend, I like that I'm getting older so I'll seem more mature in front of her.
 


"Ji-Yong ah, are you enjoying your appetizer?" Bom noona waves her fork in front of my face. "O-Oh, yeah, it's really good, noona," I smile at her.

"Why were you spacing out? What were you thinking about?" Dara noona attacks me with her curiousity. I smile wider, "not much, just thinking about my solo album."

"Oppa, your album will be daebak, so you don't need to worry," CL chirps. Minzy nods in agreement. That's not exactly what I'm worried about, but... "Thanks," I grin at them.
 


From: Baby-G
[Ji-Yong ah, r u enjoying ur bday dinner? I hope so. Sorry we haven't been able to meet. I haven't even given u ur gift yet T.T I'll see u when I see u…]

I smile sadly as I read Ga-In's text. I don't care about the gift, baby girl, I just want to see you… I know it may sound cheesy, but it's just how I feel. I miss my babygirl so freaking much!
To: Baby-G
[Dinner's good but it'd be better if u were here :( Can we meet tomorrow, pls? I miss u…]

I continue eating while talking to my YG Family members. I keep checking my phone, but there's still no reply for her.

 


>>>>>     <<<<<
 


"Yo! Ready to go?" TOP welcomes me into his car with a smile. I nod my head. TOP asked me to go out with him tonight to help look for Ji-Yong's present. I already bought a birthday present for him: a Commes des Garcons duffle jacket. It looks edgy and fashionable, just like him, so I know he'll like it. I also have another gift for him; it's kind of tacky, but I knitted a pair of gloves. I can't wait to see him wear them when Winter comes. I sure hope they suit him well, so the fact that I almost died from embarrassment by my unnies when they found out I was knitting will pay off.
 


"Does someone who's madly in love always do that?" TOP's voice shatters my daydreaming. "H-Huh?"

"Smiling like a fool like you did just now. Ji-Yong does that all the time," he smirks. "U-Uh… Well, I--"

"Relax, girl. I thought we were close friends, already?" he chuckles. Well, honestly, I got  quite a bit of shock when he texted me yesterday, because I had no idea how he got a hold of my number. I was even more shocked when he asked me to go shopping for Ji-Yong's gift with him. I mean… we're friends, alright, but I still feel a bit awkward around him, especially when there's only the 2 of us. What should we talk about?

 

A sound of beep interrupts the awkward silence.
From: Baby-GD
[Dinner's good, but it'd be better if u were here :( Can we meet tomorrow, pls? I miss u…]

A pang of sadness washes upon me. Ji-Yong and I have been so busy that we've hardly seen each other lately. I miss you, too, Ji-Yong ah... I'm about to reply to his message when red light starts blinking and my mobile phone suddenly dies. Great. Can't you at least let me reply to my boyfriend's text first? Stupid phone!!!

 


"Must be from baby boy, huh?" TOP pokes my arm. Oops, busted. I let out a sheepish smile and TOP rolls his eyes in return.

"So, where are we going?" I ask him. He puckers up his lips and makes some funny sounds before answering, "umm… Apgujeong." Ah, ok. He must be planning to buy something fancy for Ji-Yong, huh? That's good, then. Hopefully I can help him find a cool birthday present for my boyfriend.
 


"Yah, where are we going? The shops are at that side," I become confused when TOP is leading me away from where the shops are right after he parked his car. He doesn't say anything, leaving me even more stupefied. I pull his arm, "Seung-Hyun ah! Seriously, where are we going?"

"Aish, jinjja! Ji-Yong was right, you sure can nag like an ahjumma!" he keeps dragging me with him. I smack his arm harshly. Did he just say Ji-Yong told him that I nag like an ahjumma? Why, I ought to smack my boyfriend's head tomorrow when I see him!
 


"I haven't had dinner, so can you please accompany me to a quick dinner? I can't shop with an empty stomach," he says when I stop struggling out of his grip. Tch, look who's an ahjumma now! He even sounded like a pregnant ahjumma! So annoying!

"Arasseo, but don't take too long. It's Wednesday, so the shops won't be open til late," I chide.

"Alright, ahjumma," he smirks. See how annoying he is? If he wasn't looking for a gift for my boyfriend, I would leave right this minute!!!
 


"Omo, yah! Yah! Why are we here?" I ask him when we're walking closer to Anna Bini. If he wants to grab a quick dinner, why is he taking me to a fancy Italian restaurant? If this counts as a 'quick' dinner for him, I really wonder how much money Big Bang is making…

"Shut up and thank me later," he rolls his eyes and leads me inside the restaurant. Eh? Thank him later? What's that supposed to mean? Is he buying me dinner? I don't want a free dinner, I already ate! Tch!
 


A staff greets us and I bow politely at the middle-aged man. "Your table is right this way, sir," the man motions his hand for us to follow him. TOP pulls my hand, a little too roughly I should say, leaving me no choice but to follow him. Wait a minute, his table? Did he make a reservation already? Why did he take me here, seriously? What the hell is in that big head of his? I feel--
 


"SHE'S HERE!" a familiar male voice echoes around the room, instantly vanishing my thoughts. I look towards the direction of that voice, and before I can think of anything else, I see eyes, so many pairs of eyes… and Ji-Yong. OH DEAR LORD; I gasp. These are Big Bang and their label mates! My jaw drops, almost touching the floor. Choi freaking Seung-Hyun!!! I will be the death of you, I swear!
 


"Yah, where are you going?!" TOP grips my hand when I try to run away. I don't even know why did that. For a second, it seemed like a good idea. Everyone around the table is staring at me. Most of them, except the rest of Big Bang, have the same expressions: eyes open widely and mouth slightly ajar. My throat suddenly feels so dry. I look at Ji-Yong, who looks as surprised as the other ones. After a few seconds, that signature smile appears on his face.

 

He gets up and walks towards me and TOP, "hey, baby girl…"

 

>>>>>     <<<<<



After a few seconds of shock, I grin at the sight of my girlfriend, who's standing 10 meters from me. TOP picked her up and brought her here as a surprise for me, huh? Thanks, dude, really. I didn't plan to introduce her to YG Family in this manner, but I'm really happy to see her here, anyway. We've been seeing each other for more than 6 months, and I'm ready to answer any questions Yang sajangnim may have.

 

I stand up from my seat and walk closer to her, "hey, baby girl…" She looks panicked, her face is in deep shades of red and is still ajar. I chuckle and hug her tight, taking a whiff of her scent; she smells wonderful.

"I miss you," I whisper in her ear.

She clears , "Seung-Hyun… Here… I… Y-You… Uh… I'll get going now." She quickly turns around again but I grab her hand. I chuckle inwardly at her nervous state. I hear the rest of my group members giggling, letting me know who the real culprits are.

"It'll be ok. Come with me, I'll introduce you to everyone," I whisper to her and rub her lower back.



"A-Annyeonghaseyo, S-Son Ga-In imnida," she bows at 90 degrees to everyone in the table. I stand next to her and try to reach for her hand, but she yanks it away. I can't help but chuckle at her action; she's still feisty even though she's shocked.

"It's… Err… It's nice to meet you all," she bows again. Everyone in the table smiles at her politeness and greets her back, except for Yang sajangnim, whose face looks... indifferent. Uh-oh.

"I… Umm… I…" my girlfriend stutters. "Don't bow again, Son Ga-In ssi, this isn't a traditional ceremony," Yang sajangnim says, his expression still hasn't changed. I sigh inwardly; I knew he wouldn't be too happy with this, but I hope tonight he can get to know my baby girl better and see how amazing she is.
 


Seungri stands up and pulls Ga-In's hand, "welcome, noona! Come on, you can sit beside me." Yeah, like I'm going to let that happen!

I smack the back of his head, "yah! Where do you think you're taking her?" Seungri sticks out his tongue and the rest of my members laugh. I lead Ga-In to a chair next to mine, pull out the chair for her, and her back as I sit myself down as well. She's trembling a little bit. Is she that scared? I want to hug her and calm her down, but the look on Yang sajangnim's face tells me to control myself.
 


"You should order something to eat, too, Ga-In ssi," Yang sajangnim hands her the menu.

"Uh… T-Thank you, but it's ok, I… I already ate, so… Yeah…" she bends her head down again.

"Mworago?! So, you being all naggy like an ahjumma on our way here was NOT because you were hungry?!" TOP widens his eyes. My girlfriend pouts a little and makes a fist under the table; I bet she's itching to smack TOP's head.

"Just kidding, baby girl. That was for your hard slap on my arm earlier," TOP winks his eye at Ga-In. Tch… I know he likes to joke around and calls my girlfriend by baby girl, but that nickname is specially reserved for me!!!
 


"Would you like some garlic bread?" Bom noona slides a plate of garlic bread towards my girlfriend. Ga-In smiles, "uh… Thank you, err…"

"My name is Park Bom, but you can call me unnie. I'm 25 and I'm sure you're younger than me," Bom noona smiles back at her. Everyone around the table introduces themselves and Ga-In smiles sincerely at each of them. I know she's not great with strangers, but I can see that she's trying her best. I constantly rub the back of her hand under the table to show how I appreciate her effort.
 


I order a glass of red wine for my baby girl. By the time we finish our main courses, YG Family members have warmed up to my girlfriend and Ga-In has loosened up a bit. She talks about fashion with 2NE1 and Gummy noona, and she laughs heartily when Se7en hyung and Seungri demonstrate Brown Eyed Girls' infamous Abracadabra dance.

Yang sajangnim has been quiet the whole time, though. He only talks to Teddy hyung and Kush hyung, who are sitting on his left and right. Ga-In bows slightly every time her eyes meet Yang sajangnim's.

Everyone orders desserts, but Ga-In passes on the offer. I feed her some of my tiramisu, but she takes the spoon from my hand and feeds herself, causing me to chuckle at her self-consciousness.
 


Halfway through dessert, Yang sajangnim speaks, "Ji-Yong ah, come with me outside for a smoke. You, too, Ga-In ssi." Uh-oh… this is it. I heard he also did the same thing with Se7en hyung when he found out that Se7en hyung was dating Han-Byul noona.

TOP stands up, "can I come? I want to have a cigarette, too."

"No, sit your down," Yang sajangnim replies sternly.

"Ji-Yong ah, please record your conversation with Yang sajangnim. You know, for my future reference," TOP says jokingly, earning laughter from everyone, except Yang sajangnim, Ga-In, and me.

"Choi Seung-Hyun," Yang sajangnim glares at TOP, and TOP returns the glare with a sheepish smile.

 

>>>>>     <<<<<



Ji-Yong is holding my hand, leading me to follow his sajangnim. My attempt to jerk my hand away from his grip fails poorly. "It'll be fine, baby girl," Ji-Yong whispers and soon, the 3 of us are standing in the back alley of Anna Bini.
 


"How old are you, Ga-In ssi?" Yang Hyun-Suk sajangnim asks after his first breath of smoke.

"I was born in 1987, sir, I'll be 22 next month," I answer with my head bent down.

"So, how long have you two been dating?"

Ji-Yong answers, "we've been--"

"I wasn't asking you, Ji-Yong ah," Yang sajangnim cuts in. His voice sounds so stern. Oh crap, he's mad, isn't he? He's going to ask us both to break up and that'll be it. Ji-Yong isn't going to ruin his own career by going against his boss' request, it'll be stupid if he does that. Son Ga-In, be prepared for your second heartbreak…

"...Miss Son?" Yang sajangnim's voice startles me. "U-Uh… Six months, sir. We've been dating for 6 months," I manage to say and he nods his head; whatever that means.
 


"Do you love Ji-Yong?" he continues. Omo, why is he asking me this? Isn't that question too personal? This is all TOP's fault for taking me here. Damn you, Choi Seung-Hyun. After this I will hire a hit man to end your life!

"Y-Yes, sir. I... love him," I reply, still looking at the ground. I sulk in my head imagining that he's going to ask me to stay away from Ji-Yong after this. I noticed how he was glaring at me throughout dinner. Oh man, so this is where my love story ends, huh? Well, Ji-Yong ah, we've had a good run…
 


Yang sajangnim steps on his cigarette , "good, then. So you both love each other." Come again? Did he really just say good or did my hearing suddenly turn bad? I muster up my courage to look up at his face, "y-yeh?!"

Yang sajangnim chuckles, "you finally look at my face, Ga-In ssi. I don't like it when someone I'm talking to doesn't look at my face."

"O-Oh… I-I'm sorry, sir. Uh, can you please repeat what you said earlier?"

Yang sajangnim smirks, "I said, it's good that you love Ji-Yong. That means it's not a one-sided love on his part. I can see that this punk here is in love. My eyes and ears are everywhere, Ga-In ssi, I know he's been sneaking out of the dorm.  Also, he's had that foolish grin plastered on his face these past few months. I'm just glad that you're the reason behind his silly behaviour."


 

>>>>>     <<<<<



I hear Ga-In gasp loudly next to me after hearing Yang sajangnim's words, "so… Uh… So, are you going to ask us to break up, sir?" What? Break up? Where did she get that idea? Did she think my sajangnim is that cruel of a person?

Yang sajangnim laughs, "why should I? Ji-Yong looks happier and healthier now, and he's been working harder as well. You've been a good influence on him, Ga-In ssi."
 


"Jeongmalyo? T-Thank you, sajangnim," Ga-In gives him a 90-degree bow after a few moments of silence. I chuckle at her reaction; really, Son Ga-In, always worrying too much like an ahjumma! I myself didn't expect Yang sajangnim to give his blessing straightaway, but I didn't think he would break us up, either. Aigoo… you're so adorable, baby girl. I will shower you with kisses later, even if you fight back with violence!
 


"I just want to remind you both to be careful. You know how this industry work, don't you? Your relationship is still new, so…" Yang sajangnim talks again.

"Neh, of course, sajangnim! I understand very well! We will be careful, right, Ji-Yong ah?" she answers enthusiastically and elbows my side, making Yang sajangnim chuckle.

"Yes, sajangnim, we'll keep it under the radar," I add.
 


"You're really not against our relationship, sir?" Ga-In asked again in a worried tone.

"No, Ga-In ssi, relax. I like you. You're talented, you seem kind, you have good manners, and you're well-presented. Ji-Yong isn't that easy to get along with. He's kind of a wild child, but I can see that you've tamed him, so you must've done something right. I wish you both well. I personally prefer my artists to be dating so they'll be more well-behaved. Don't tell this to 2NE1, though. They just debuted, so I need to keep an eye on them for a little longer," Yang sajangnim explains.

"Kamsahamnida, sajangnim. And please just call me Ga-In," she bows deeply again.

"Stop bowing, Ga-In, you're going to hurt your back," Yang sajangnim smiles, "well, now that it's settled, we can go back in. You can go in first, Ga-In, Ji-Yong and I will be right behind you." Ga-In returns the smile and walks back inside.
 


"Thank you so much, sajangnim," I bow at him, feeling grateful that he's accepted my relationship with my baby girl.

"Tch… You should've come clean from the beginning instead of letting your members do it for your sake," he smirks.

I gulp, "well, I… We didn't think it was the right time yet and--"

"Forget it. It's all out in the open now. You two just be careful and don't let yourselves get hurt," he lectures. I nod my head, showing him that I perfectly understand his every word.
 


"By the way," Yang sajangnim utters and I turn around, "she's a keeper. Don't lose a girl like her."

I smile confidently, "never, sajangnim. Not if I can help it."

 

 

 

 

___________

Author's Note:

OMG the last time I updated was 3 weeks ago!!! I'm sorry T_T

I have no good excuses, really. I've been busy with work and I had a small writer's block :( But I'm back! And I wanna thank my subscribers for not leaving this fic, kekeke~ So this chapter is dedicated to you! (Heck, all chapters are dedicated to you, hihihi).

Enjoy the new update, babies! I <3 you *smooch*