Why?

Revenge [On Hiatus]

A knock on the door jolts Kris back to reality. Leaning away from Chen, he just looks at him, not quite sure what he should do now. He can see Chen watching him, trying to gauge his reaction. Seeing that Kris isn’t freaking out, Chen quickly pulls him back, pressing his lips to Kris’s again. He can feel the small smile forming on Chen’s lips against his own. He knows he should care; he knows he should be pulling away and running away as fast as he can; he knows how wrong this is; he also knows that right now he can’t seem to care. Closing his eyes, he leans back into Chen again, a slight groan escaping as he does.

“Gege?”

Tao’s voice outside the door causes Kris’s eyes to fly open, quickly jumping off of the bed as if Tao could see him through the closed door.

“Gege? Yi Xing said you were home. Are you in there?” Knock knock.

“Oh god, what do I do? What did I just do? What do I do now?” Kris freaks out, pacing back and forth at a crazy speed as Chen watches, answering for him since he seems to be too distracted to do so himself. “He’s in here Zi Tao. He’s just helping me with something. I’ll send him back to you in a few minutes, okay?”

Tao nods, even though neither of them can see it, and walks back to bed.

“You need to calm down, Yi Fan.”

Calm down!? You kissed me, Jong Dae. Kissed me. As in your lips were on mine, and my lips were on yours.”

“I know you aren’t actually putting all of the blame on me right now.”

“I’m not the one that pulled my face closer to yours!”

“You’re also not the one that pulled away! , Yi Fan. I swear if you act like this is all my fault, I’ll never forgive you.”

Moving to sit down on Lay’s bed, Kris puts his head in his hands, groaning about what a bad guy he is and how Tao’s never gonna forgive him if he finds out. Getting down onto his knees and looking down at Chen’s feet, he begs him not to tell Tao about this. “Please. I’m begging you. I’ll do whatever you ask.”

Sighing, Chen reaches up and rubs his forehead, trying to relieve the headache he can feel coming on. “Then I’ll ask you again. Just leave me alone for now, Yi Fan. Do you have any idea how hard it is to think when you’re breathing down my neck like you were tonight?”

Nodding, he quickly gets up and rushes to hug Chen, thanking him profusely, then pulls away quickly deciding that the hug was probably a bad idea. “I’ll be forever grateful to you for this, Jong Dae.”

“Great, now go. Tell Yi Xing to come back.”

Making his way over to the door, he stops as he reaches for the knob. He turns around to look at Chen, who’s looking back at him. “Um… I know I should just let it go. But I have to ask. Why?”

“Why won’t I tell Zi Tao?”

“No. Well, yeah, that too. But no. Why did you do that?”

“Wow, Yi Fan. You really are slow. At this moment, I have absolutely no idea what I even see in you. Keep acting like that and all of my problems will seriously just go away.”

“See… in me? Do you like me, Jong Dae?” Kris’s face is easy to read; worry practially written all over his face.

“Right now? I can’t stand you. Seriously, you won’t go away. You say you will, and then you freak out. Then you say you will, but you just ask more questions. Now you say you will, and you just won’t. I’m sick of repeating myself, Yi Fan, and if I have to do it even one more time, I swear I’ll shove my foot so far up your you’ll be eating rubber for a month.”

Holding up his index finger, he looks at Chen. “Just one mo – “

“NO, YI FAN! NO!” Getting off of his bed, Chen grabs onto Kris, pushing him out of his room and locking the door behind him. “Yi Xing’s sleeping with you tonight.”

------------

Needless to say, the next day is full of nothing but awkward moments. All of the members are together again, spending the day at the park, and Chen’s acting like himself. Thinking it’s because of Kris going to find him the night before, the rest of the group spends the day pushing them together.

“Maybe if you keep Jong Dae happy today, he’ll let me sleep in my own bed tonight.”

“Yah. I was gonna let you back in but Yi Fan pissed me off.”

“Either way, I blame you for this,” Lay complains, pointing at his right eye.

“I still don’t know how you slept through that because once I came to bed, Panda didn’t move at all. So that had to have happened before I got there.”

“Do you have any idea how long it takes to get Zi Tao to sleep when he’s checking every corner for water ghosts every five seconds? It’s near impossible.” Tao pouts, going over and hugging Lay, apologizing for being so much trouble. Messing up Tao’s hair, Lay puts his arm around him, hugging him to his side. “I didn’t say it was bad, Zi Tao. It’s entertaining. I was just making a point. By the time I finally got to sleep, it was for good.”

Smiling, Tao skips over to Lu Han. “Hi, Lu Han ge. Have fun with Se Hun last night?”

“Fun? You mean listening to you shrieking every five seconds, claiming that you feel like you’re drowning? Yes, Zi Tao, we thoroughly enjoyed that experience.”

“Awww. Does that mean you guys didn’t ?”

All at once, Se Hun does so many things. He spits out his water, his eyes double in size, he starts coughing, and even yells a little. “What did you just say?”

Pointing at Chan Yeol, Tao asks again, “Does that mean you guys didn’t ? Chan Yeol told me to ask.”

Knowing he’s in trouble, Chan Yeol hurries and gets up from the bench he’s on, running away to find a safe place. Unfortunately, even though his legs are longer, Lu Han and Se Hun are faster. Before he even realizes what happened, he’s on his stomach; Lu Han sitting on his back while Se Hun sits on his legs. Grabbing his legs, Se Hun starts moving then in extremely painful positions, Lu Han doing the same thing to his arms. “Chan Yeol ah! What in the world is wrong with you!?” Lu Han half asks and half commands as Chan Yeol is busy screaming out for help.

He looks right at Baek Hyun. Shaking his head, he refuses. “I’d like to keep all of my extremities in place today, Channie.”

He looks at Su Ho next. “Come on, hyung~. You’re the leader. You should help.”

Getting up, Su Ho slowly – very slowly – walks over to where the three younger guys are. Squatting down in front of Chan Yeol, he ruffles his hair, a grin on his face. “I’ll help you if you apologize for telling Zi Tao to do that.”

“Hyung~. It wasn’t that bad!”

Standing up, Su Ho stretches his arms and legs in front of Chan Yeol, showing off how free he is. “Ah~, this feels good. Do you know how fantastic it feels to just… stretch, Chan Yeol? It’s nice. It’s very ni – “

“I give! I give! I’m sorry. I did wrong. I’m sorry I told Zi Tao to ask you that,” Chan Yeol spits out in one long breath, slapping his hands on the ground as he surrenders. Without any warning, Se Hun and Lu Han drop his arms and legs, all of his limbs hitting the ground at the same time. “Ow! that hurt.” Sitting up, he rubs his arms before reaching down to rub his legs. “Can’t you two even take a little joke?” He flinches when they both act like they’re going to jump on him again. “I kid. I’m sorry. I take it back.” Shooting a look of death in Tao’s direction, he shouts, “Huang Zi Tao! You’re not supposed to tell them that I told you to do that.”

Calling Tao’s full name like that in a voice as deep as Chan Yeol’s is bound to draw unwanted attention, and that’s exactly what it did. People looking in their direction to see what’s going on, every teenage girl, and even a few boys, see all 12 members of Exo sitting right there. It’s as if every member has suddenly turned into a slab of meat and every fan, a ravenous lion. Screaming in unison, the fans charge at the group. Without hesitating, they all stand up and pair off, running in different directions as they agree to meet up back at the dorm.

----------

It takes almost thirty minutes of non-stop running before they seem to lose the fans that are chasing after them. Kris never even bothered to look back and check on his partner, focusing only on the grip he had on their wrist as they ran, not wanting to lose him.

Turning into an alley, he drags himself and his partner behind a dumpster, just to be safe. Letting go of their wrist, he puts both of his hands on his knees, his body leaning over at a 90 degree angle as he tries not to lose his breakfast and lunch, both of which are threatening to make a reappearance in a most gruesome fashion.

“How – are – they – so – fast?” Kris wonders out loud, taking a deep breath between each word. “And how – in the world – can they – run – for – so long?” Turning to look beside him, he sees that the person that was with him isn’t even there anymore.

Looking around him, too nauseous to actually move his legs, he calls out, “Hello?! Where did you go?!”

“I’m right here,” a bottle of water is pushed into his face.

Grabbing the bottle, and letting his eyes travel up the arm of the one that was holding it, he finds himself feeling even more nauseated when he sees their face. “Are you serious? You’re the person I ended up with?”

“Yah! It’s not like I asked you to – in what might actually be the most cliché thing ever – grab my wrist instead of Zi Tao’s. You’re welcome for that water, by the way.” Taking a quick drink from his own bottle of water, he keeps talking as he puts the cap back on. “I bet you ten bucks that when we retell this story, the first thing Zi Tao does is bring up Boys Over Flowers.”

“I’m hardly in the gambling mood, Jong Dae.”

“And I’m hardly in the mood to hear you talk to me in such a snippy tone. I’m just as displeased about this as you are.”

Sending a text to each member, Kris’s phone is soon vibrating with replies from the rest of the members, letting him know they’re all fine.

Sitting down, resting his back against the wall, he grabs onto Chen’s wrist, pulling him down next to him. “Su Ho says we should stay wherever we are for at least 20 minutes just in case.”

“Fantastic. I get to spent 20 minutes not only with you, but I also get to spend it sitting next to a dumpster. It’s about time my dreams finally came true.”

Reaching out towards Chen, he quickly slaps the back of his head. “Hey, asswipe. If you don’t want to hear me talking to you in a snippy tone, you should lighten yours up as well.”

“Whatever.”

Taking another sip from his water, he closes his eyes.

“So, why do – “

“No talking. Just sit there and drink your water.”

“But – “

“No buts. Just sit there and wait out this 20 minutes like I am.”

“Jong D – “

“Wow, it’s like I’m being forced to relive last night.” Getting up and wiping the dirt from his pants, he scowls and walks off. “I’m going home.”

“Su Ho said we should wait.”

“Then I’ll go wait with Su Ho.” When he’s almost at the end of the alley, Kris grabs his wrist, turning him around and pulling him into a hug. Rolling his eyes, Chen just scoffs. “Seriously Yi Fan? Was grabbing my hand earlier not cliché enough for you? Now you have to do this too?”

Nodding, he pulls Chen closer, hugging him tighter.

“Well you can let go now. I can last a few minutes here if I really have to.”

Shaking his head this time, he whispers that he doesn’t want to.

“Are you... crying?” Chen asks as he feels something splash against his neck.

Shaking his head again, Kris tries to say no, but his voice cracks when he talks.

Managing to pry Kris’s arms off of him, he pulls back a little to look at his face. “Yi Fan… Hyung. What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

Clearing his throat, he quickly wipes his sleeve over his eyes. “I said I’m not.”

“Your eyes say you’re lying.” Sitting down first this time, he pulls Kris back down with him. Sighing, he asks him again. “What’s wrong, hyung?

“Heh, you finally call me that again and it’s only because I look like an idiot right now.”

Reaching down, he pats Kris’s leg. “You overthink things too much, Yi Fan. Yes, I don’t like being around you at the moment. But if you think that means it’s because I suddenly loathe you or something, you’re just… you’re just so far from the truth it’s not even funny.

Turning to look at Chen, he gives him the cutest look he can muster up, hoping that it’s as effective as when Tao does it. “You’re horrible at that, hyung. But whatever. Long story short, I’m going through the same thing you just went through, only it’s not with Zi Tao.” Kris points at himself with a curious look on his face, and Chen nods. “I didn’t really think about it until I helped you and Zi Tao get together. Then it was like the only person in your life was him, and I realized how miserable it made me to lose you. Then it made me feel ever worse when I realized that, in the end, I’m the one that helped me lose you. Does that even make sense?” Kris nods. “Good. Then I shall ask you one more time. Will you please just let me be? I can’t work through this if you’re right next to me the whole time.”

“I can’t even help? My situation worked fine, so yours can too.”

“Yours worked because the guy you liked also liked you. It’s a bit different this time, wouldn’t you say?”

“Good point. Then… I guess I can do that. If you promise to not get mad if I slip up.”

Nodding, Chen gets up again, Kris doing the same. Holding out his hand, pinky finger pointing out, Kris offers it to Chen, who wraps his pinky around the older man’s, pressing their thumbs together. Using their joined hands to pull Kris closer while standing on the tips of his toes, he kisses Kris one more time before walking away. “Just needed one last one.”

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm warning you in advance, I wrote this in only a couple of hours. Most of my day was spent looking at (and reblogging) pictures/videos of Exo at Disneyland, only stopping to watch Inkigayo (did you guys watch their performance!?). I almost decided to just skip writing for today, but decided I'd do what I could, and here we are. :]
I ended it here instead of moving it along a little. Where it's at now, I can either add one more KrisChen chapter (because this pair is growing on me), or go back to TaoRis (which I'm also fine with). You all seem to be split on the pairs, so you tell me what you think I should do.
Note to readers: Joey wouldn't be angry if you voted KrisChen. *Coughcough*

If you have a Tumblr, and don't mind a constant spam of Exo and B.A.P, feel free to follow me here. ^_^

@simple_dream - It would, indeed, be bad if Tao saw that. D;
@sapphire-blue - Lol. Thank you for the compliment. Makes me a happy Joey. No need to apologize for a long comment. The longer it is, the better. :]
@VitaminBuns - I had Lay talk again! But still not much. I swear I'll find a chapter where I can put in a ton of Lay. Lol.
@starkey - If Kris turns Chen down, I refuse to give him to you. He belongs to Joey forever~! The story goes wherever the readers lead it. xD  It's like...my thing.
@white_snowy - Hehe. Your comment made me giggle.
@T-exoticblackjack - Did you? What's your url? I've gotten quite a few this past week.
@eykdotcom - At first, I wasn't sure if your comment was good or bad. Lol. I've decided it's good. I'm with you. I love my Taoris (main Exo OTP), but everybody in Exo can so easily be paired with anybody else in Exo, so it always works. xD  (Also, I love your username.)
@xxjenjaexx - I literally sat here for a couple minutes after I read your comment because I couldn't stop laughing. The image of someone flipping over everything in sight was cracking me up over here.

-Stretches fingers-
To those that commented that I didn't reply to, I thank you for your comments! I see a lot of XiuChen love out there. I suppose if KrisChen don't work out (insert evil laugh here), I'll just have to put those two together. Hehe.
Now then! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

-Big internet hugs for all of you-