Dead Friend

Revenge [On Hiatus]

After playing a quick game of rock-paper-scissors, Xiu Min is the one who has to go get the movie. After another quick game, Su Ho was the person who had to go with him to help carry the bags of soda, chips, popcorn, and whatever else they thought they might need.

While those two were gone, the rest of the guys got the living room set up. Three of them moved the couch further back while the rest dragged out mattresses from each room and set them up between the couch and television, placing three of them in front and three in back. They even took the liberty of setting up a seating chart while they waited, thinking it would be fun to pair people off like fans were already doing to them. On the front set of mattresses from, from left to right, it would be D.O, Baek Hyun, Lu Han, Su Ho, Xiu Min, and Tao. The back set of mattresses, from left to right, obviously being Kai, Chan Yeol, Se Hun, Lay, Chen, and Kris. Su Ho and Xiu Min roll their eyes at that when they finally get home, bags of junk food in tow.

After finally making multiple bags of popcorn, closing blinds and shutting off lights, and evenly distributing the rest of the junk food, they finally sit down to watch the movie.

D.O looks around at the group. “So, um… who wants to go put in the movie?” A resounding chorus of “not it” is simultaneously shouted, Se Hun being the last one to say it.

“Seriously, if it isn’t Lu Han, it’s me. The fans obviously knew what they were doing when they paired us together.”

“Which, by the way, I can’t believe you guys actually did,” Su Ho says. “On the bright side, Yi Xing never talks, so I won’t have somebody talking in my ear the whole time.”

Lu Han leans over towards Su Ho, flashing him a smile. “If you’d like, I can lean over and do it for you ever few minutes.”

“No, that’s fine. I think I’ll pass on that today.”

Finally managing to put the movie in while blindly moving around the pitch black room, Se Hun rushes back to his spot on the mattress, leaning back against the couch before pulling Lu Han back, a leg on each side of him. “Finally. I didn’t think it’d be that hard to do. Note to self: Turn light on when doing something.”

------------

Within the first 2 minutes of the movie, Kris can feel Tao shaking against him. Talks of ghosts and Ouija boards apparently spooking him. He can hear D.O on the other end at the same time, squealing like a fanboy as he points at the screen. “Jong In ah. That’s the lady teacher from Dream High! She’s so pretty.”

Baek Hyun reaches over, putting his hand over D.O’s mouth. “Please say you won’t be doing that during the whole movie.”

D.O sticks his tongue out at Baek Hyun, his hand in the process. Unfazed, Baek Hyun only smiles as he hears D.O mumble “fine” beneath his hand, Kris thanking him.

Wrapping his arms around Tao, he pulls him closer to him, the warmth from Kris’s chest against his back having a calming effect on the younger one. Turning around, Tao flashes him a nervous smile as he whispers, “Thank you, gege.” Placing his chin on Tao’s shoulder, he nods as he watches the movie, the girls on the screen currently scared because of a girl with long hair walking towards them, believing that she is the ghost that was talking to them through the Ouija board. Tao’s finally calming down when the girl they just saw suddenly has water spewing out of at an alarming rate, followed by a loud scream. Tao, now even more scared than he previously was, scoots back as far as he can against Kris. As Kris offers to switch places with Tao, he starts to furiously nod, then changes his mind, asking if he can sit next to him instead so Kris can put his arm around him. Without hesitating, Kris holds his right arm up, Tao quickly moving to his side.

Leaning over, Chen asks Kris is Tao will be okay. Kris nods. Chen reaches over to quickly rub the back of Tao’s neck, whispering to him that it’ll be okay before going back to watching the movie. Tao’s fine for the next 25 minutes or so, but reverts back to his sniveling self when a girl, alone in a dark room, finds herself not so alone at all. Turning his head towards Kris and hiding his face in the crook of his neck as he wraps his left arm around his waist, he tells Kris to let him know when it’s over. It takes a couple of minutes, but Tao finally feels Kris kissing the top of his head, whispering to him that the scary part is over now. Shooting a shy smile in Kris’s direction, Tao turns his attention back to the movie.

It’s only a few minutes later when Tao starts shaking again. Kris wonders how he never knew that Tao was this scared. Especially at a part where everybody else in the room is laughing. Luckily D.O distracts Tao when, a few minutes later, the teacher from Dream High is on again, causing another fanboy moment, Baek Hyun quickly slapping his hand over D.O’s mouth again. “Yah! Want me to make it so you can’t make noise anymore?” D.O shakes his head, eyes wide; although, nobody can tell if they’re wide because of Baek Hyun or if they’re just at their normal size. “That’s what I thought.”

The start of another fanboy fit can be heard again a few minutes later, but Kai quickly puts his hand over D.O’s mouth, shushing him. Luckily for the rest of the group, it’s the last time they see her in the movie. Kris, who’s already seen this, makes sure to inform them of that little fact, resulting in a silent round of cheers. Pulling Tao closer to his side, Kris leans down, whispering quietly so the others can’t hear him, “Don’t worry, Panda. Nothing scary happens for a long time now.” He can hear Chen laughing quietly to himself, knowing that something will be happening soon. He’s seen this before too. While it may not be scary, it’ll still be something that probably sets Tao off into a nervous fit, and Chen knows it.

Putting a hand on Kris’s shoulder, Chen gently shakes him, asking him why he didn’t warn Tao about to pool scene. He lets him know that Tao should be fine because that scene isn’t really that scary. Just kind of creepy. And Kris is right. Tao is fine until the hospital scene happens. The poor girl, driven insane by the water ghost, finally meets her end, the moments leading up to it making Tao whimper silently.

By the end of the movie, the whole group, save for Kris and Chen, is left in confusion. Except for Tao, who rushes to turn on the lights, quickly making his way back to the side of his protector after he does.

“So… the ghost was the real girl all along? And… the real girl was the dead girl? I’m so confused right now,” Lay thinks out loud.

“Wow, that might just be the most Yi Xing has ever said in one sentence around us,” Su Ho marvels, still leaning back against Lay’s chest.

Looking around Kris surveys the rest of the group. After D.O’s fanboy moments were done, he fell asleep, Kai not being far behind, the quiet snores of both now able to be heard in the quiet room. Chan Yeol is currently entertaining himself by pulling on Baek Hyun’s ears, and by the look on the older boy’s face, it must actually feel good to him. Lu Han’s head is on Se Hun’s chest, the youngest Exo member holding him, happy that he’s not being bullied for once. Su Ho is still busy looking back at Lay, waiting to see if he’ll say anything else. Xiu Min’s busy munching on the junk food that everybody else has forgotten about, while Chen… is watching Kris watch people. Lightly squeezing Kris’s shoulder, he asks the older man if he’s having fun watching everybody. When Chen squeezes his shoulder, he realizes that it never really left. He put it there when the pool scene was about to happen. Counting back in his head, he realizes that was almost an hour ago. How had he not noticed? Shrugging his hand off, Kris lets him know he was just seeing what everybody was doing since it was quiet.

Turning to his right, he kisses Tao’s forehead before getting up. Or, before he tries to get up. Tao’s latched onto him and isn’t budging. He decides to just stay seated instead. Clearing his throat, he yells, “Kyung Soo! Jong In! Wake up! Chan Yeol! Baek Hyun actually enjoys that, so if you’re trying to bug him, you’re doing it wrong. Lu Han! Se Hun! You’re fine. Just wanted to yell at you. Su Ho! Stop staring at Yi Xing like that. It’s creepy, and he’s obviously not gonna say anything else. Min Seok! Are you enjoying all of that junk food? When you’re up all night with a stomach ache, remember whose fault it is. Jong Dae! Help Panda and me clean up. The rest of you… KYUNG SOO! JONG IN! WAKE UP! Yah, Chan Yeol. Since you’re in a bullying mood, wake them up.” Continuing where he left off before the sleeping couple’s snores interrupted him, he looks at the rest of the members, obviously scared about what he’ll do to them if they don’t listen now. “The rest of you, put the mattresses back and move the couch.”

Managing to finally get Tao to move again, he stands up, the younger boy right behind him. Reaching a hand out to Chen, he offers to help him up. The same hand that had been on Kris’s shoulder for an hour reaches out, Chen grabbing onto his hand tightly as he gets up. Kris, eager to get rid of the hand, pulls too hard, causing the young Korean to lose his balance when he gets up, causing all three of them to topple over; Tao landing by himself, and Kris finding himself trapped under Chen. They both rush to stand up, Chen quickly making his way to the kitchen, repeatedly saying “I’m sorry” as he does.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: The end, I admit, is completely rushed. I waited too long to start writing this, and wanted to hurry and get this out before bed, so I just kind of left out a few things I might've put in if I had time to think about how to do it. I hope you're not too disappointed with this chapter though! D;

Dead Friend is an actual movie. An amazing movie in my opinion. I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. Unless you're easily scared. There were a couple parts that had even me jumping, and that's rare.

Feel free to follow me here if you have a Tumblr. :]
With Exo-K/M being together right now, and another BTS of B.A.P's Power released, you can count on a lot of pictures later. ;D

@white_snowy - Haha. All that matters is you caught up on what you missed! :D
@VitaminBuns - Aww, thank you. I'm blushing right now because of you. I didn't even think of that when I chose that movie. Lol. I had just happened to watch it again a couple days ago and it was in my head.
@Lee_HyunJae - Poor Lu Han! D;
@aznmusiklife - It is, indeed, a horror movie. An amazing one.
@T-exoticblackjack - She is! If I didn't like guys, I'd be trying desperately to find out who she is and where she lives. Lol.
@starkey - I'm glad I keep you entertained with my jokes. :D
@siahna - Haha. Forever minus a day. I can do that. ;D  ...Okay, maybe not. But I could try! xD
@legna_angel - Thank you~.
@ShaZam - You so psychic. +1 for you! :D
@TaoRis93 - You make sure to tell me about all of my typos at the end! Lol. Because there's probably tons!

Whew! Now then! It's just past 5 in the morning, and I'm dead tired. You know what that means. I'm gonna ask you readers to let me know if you find any typos/errors. I was starting to get sleepy during the last half, so I bet you'll find a lot. For that, I'm sorry~. Hopefully you enjoy that chapter though!

-Runs off to bed-