Halfway There

Revenge [On Hiatus]

“It’s been two weeks, duizhang. I get that you’re upset and all, but Zi Tao’s the one that got cheated on and even he’s acting like a person. You need to stop moping around. We’re all sick of having to watch it.”

“I’m not moping, Min Seok. I’m self-reflecting. Haven’t you heard?”

“Yes, I’ve heard. I’ve heard it so many times that I’m starting to hear you say that in my dreams. Although, with you in them, I think nightmare would be a more appropriate term.”

They can hear Lu Han laughing from the kitchen. “Even he thinks it’s funny, Yi Fan; why won’t you even react?”

“Ha. Haha,” Kris laughs, turning around to face the back of the couch.

“Aish! Nobody’s in the mood for your sarcasm, Yi Fan. The only time you leave that couch is when we have to dance, and all you really do there is complain about how tired you are and how you just wanna go home. Let me repeat. You’re the one that cheated and Zi Tao’s the one here acting normal. It’s great that you’re self-reflecting and all, but you just need to stop. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can deal with you being like this for the next 2 weeks.”

“No. I said one month.” Xiu Min can barely understand it with Kris’s voice being muffled by the couch.

“We all forgive you. Zi Tao forgives you; I forgive you; even Lu Han and Yi Xing forgive you.”

“Well, Zi Tao shouldn’t forgive me yet.”

He can feel his hand being picked up and something being pushed onto his wrist. “I shouldn’t, but I do.” Without lifting his head, he lets Tao know that he can’t forgive him for another two weeks. It was his rule. He can hear Tao walk around the couch, wondering what he’s doing. “Then we’ll just act like you’re not here until the two weeks is over,” Tao says as he plops himself down on Kris’s back. “Min Seok ge, sit here,” Tao pats Kris’s legs, and Xiu Min quickly does just that. “Lu Han ge! Yi Xing ge! Jong Dae ge! Get in here now!”

He can hear all of them running from the kitchen, tripping over each other to see what Tao wants. “What?”

“Jong Dae ge, you come sit here,” Tao pats between him and Min Seok. “Yi Xing ge, you go sit on his feet. And Lu Han ge, just because I know how much you’ll enjoy this, you come sit here,” he smirks as he says that, patting the back of Kris’s head.

Voice still muffled by the couch, they can all hear Kris yelling, “Lu Han! I swear, if you sit there, I will make your life a living hell until the day one of us dies!”

Lu Han wastes no time in running over, softly placing himself on top of Kris’s head. “This… is ing awesome.”

Reaching back and up with his arms, Kris starts swinging at the people on top of him, grabbing for whatever body part he can get his hands on. Unfortunately for Xiu Min, one of his favorite body parts is quickly caught in Kris’s tight grip.

“No! No! I’ll get off of you! Just. Do. Not. Pull.” Xiu Min quickly gets up and runs to the other side of the room when Kris lets go. Gently rubbing his hands over his lap, he pouts. “If I can’t make babies in the future, I’m blaming Zi Tao for making me sit on him.”

“Hey now. I didn’t hold a gun to your head. I simply sugges –“

“Lu Han mother ing ge! Get off of my head!”

After watching Xiu Min get caught in Kris’s vice-like grip, he quickly gets up and runs over to hide behind the oldest Exo member, Chen and Lay following behind him. Tao decides he’d rather stay on Kris’s back, quickly thrown off when Kris turns over and rolls himself off of the couch.

“Ow. . That hurt.”

“Just think. You could’ve avoided that if you’d only let me forgive you a few minutes ago.” Reaching down, Tao grabs Kris’s wrist and pulls him up, dragging him behind me as soon as he’s on his feet. “Follow me.”

------------

Falling back onto the grass, Kris empties a water bottle over his head. “I can’t – believe – we just played – basketball – for 3 hours. I’m so beat. I won’t be able to stand up straight for a week after this.”

Sitting down next to Kris, Tao lies down on his back, resting his head on the older man’s stomach. “It’s nice today. No clouds up in the sky,” he says as he points above up. “And the sun is so bright today. I wish there were more days like this.”

“I like it better when it’s cloudy and windy. It feels nice.”

Reaching for Kris’s hand, Tao pulls it towards his hair and Kris instinctively combs his fingers through it.

“Gege.”

“Yes?”

“I want you to let me forgive you now.”

Sighing, Kris pulls his hand away from the top of Tao’s head only to have Tao pull it right back. “Why do you all want me to give in already?”

“Because we can see how you regret what you did. And because we miss our duizhang. You’ve been so busy ‘self-reflecting’ that you don’t see how… ruined you’ve become. It’s like you’re just a shell of what you used to be.” Fiddling with his thumbs, Tao wonders if he should continue, then decides he will. “And I told the others not to tell you but you’ve been having nightmares every night. Either you don’t know, or you’re just not telling us, but we all know. You scream every night; it’s really loud. And by loud, I mean extremely loud. It’s amazing that you don’t wake yourself up.” Turning to his left, head still on Kris’s stomach, Tao looks up at his face. “And I’ve… kind of been… sleeping out there with you; leaving before you wake up.”

“You’ve been sleeping on the couch with me? I’m usually easy woken up. It doesn’t make sense that you didn’t wake me up doing that.”

“I uh… didn’t sleep on the couch with you. I sat on the floor next to the couch and slept while I held your hand so I didn’t wake you up. It was the only way to make you stop screaming.”

Letting out a heavy sigh, Kris sits up, Tao’s head falling from his stomach to his lap. “I don’t understand you at all, Panda. I’m the one sleeping out there to self-reflect and leave you alone, yet you’re the one that sleeps on the floor instead. I’m the one that kisses somebody else and should be begging for forgiveness, but it’s you who’s asking me to ask you for forgiveness. I’m the one that you should all hate right now, especially you, but you’re all acting like nothing happened. Why are you all so backwards?”

“Because I told them to be that way.”

“But why?

Putting his palms to the ground, Tao pushes himself into a sitting position, crossing his legs in front of him and looking at Kris. “Gege. I sleep on the floor next to you because it’s better than sleeping in a bed without you. I ask you to ask me to forgive you because I think you’re overreacting. Yes, you kissed. I saw it. But I’m not a child, Yi Fan. It doesn’t take me a whole month to get over it. And I told them to act normal because you’d just feel even worse if they were shooting you condescending looks every 5 seconds.”

“But… what about Jong Dae?”

“What about him?”

“You’ve been so busy making people treat me like normal, so what have you done about him.”

“Nothing, gege. I forgave him before 24 hours had even passed.” Reaching for Kris’s hands, Tao quickly pats them and smiles. “Because, seriously, who can blame Jong Dae ge for liking you? You’re perfect.”

Kris shakes his head, looking down at Tao’s hands still on his own. “You’re perfect, Panda. I’m nothing but flaws.”

“If you’re flawed, then I’m not perfect. A perfect person wouldn’t want to be with you.” Tao sneakily slides his fingers between Kris’s.

Sighing, Kris lets him, a small smile on his face. “If this is what you want, then okay. We can change it from one month to 2 weeks.”

Grinning, Tao scoots down so he can lay his head on Kris’s lap again. “Lucky for me, that ends today.”

Letting go of Tao’s hand for a few seconds, Kris slides the bracelet off of his wrist and holds it out towards Tao. “Take yours off.”

“Why?”

“If we’re gonna do this again then I want us to wear each other’s.”

“You’re so cheesy, duizhang,” Tao laughs as he slips his bracelet off, putting Kris’s on in its place. Holding the older man’s hand in his, he slides his bracelet onto his wrist. “So incredibly cheesy. You’re lucky you’re gorgeous.”

“What do we do now then?” Kris asks as he looks around.

“Honestly?”

“Honestly.”

“Can I tell you another reason I wanted us back together so soon?”

“Of course.”

Grabbing Kris’s hand, Tao pulls him up and runs towards their dorm. “I’ll tell you at home.”

------------

“You can not be serious right now.”

“Incredibly serious.”

“You wanted us to get back together because the box of cake ingredients expires tomorrow?”

“That wasn’t the only reason, duizhang. It was just… one of them.”

“Wow,” Kris says as he shakes his head, dumping the contents of the box onto the counter. “Just wow.”

Wrapping his arms around the taller man’s waist, Tao hugs him from behind. “Thank you, gege~.”

“Yeah, whatever. Should we get Jong Dae and his orange and do like you wanted us to originally do?”

“Ew, that orange would be so bad by now.”

“Can always get him a new one.”

Tao shakes his head. “Wouldn’t matter anyway. He’s out with Min Seok right now.”

“Out – with?”

“Mhm. He doesn’t think anybody knows, but he’s been sleeping in Min Seok’s room for the past couple of days after everybody else goes to bed.”

“So?”

“There’s still only one bed in that room.”

Kris rolls his eyes at that. “Says he likes me and then gets over me in less than 2 weeks. And here I thought I was a total catch.”

Standing on the tips of his toes, Tao kisses the back of Kris’s neck. “You are a total catch, Yi Fan. He’s probably scared I’ll use my Wushu stick on him if he keeps liking you,” he says with an evil grin on his face.

“Does he think that because you told him something like that?”

“No~, I just… happened to be practicing a little too close to him one day. Or for a couple of days.”

“Is that all?”

“Uh huh,” Tao says with his voice, but he’s shaking his head as he says it.

“I’m not even gonna ask.”

“Excellent decision!” Hopping up to sit on the counter, he watches Kris as he mixes all of the ingredients together. “So when is this going to be done? I’ve been waiting for two weeks.”

Scooping a tiny bit of batter on his finger, he holds it up to Tao’s lips, the youngest of the group eagerly it off. Leaning over, Tao places a soft kiss on Kris’s lips. “Thank you, gege,” he whispers as he pulls away.

“I figured it would be the only way to get you to be quiet about the cake,” he says as he bends over to put it in the oven. Straightening his back, he stretches as he sets the timer for 20 minutes. Walking back over to Tao who’s still sitting on the counter, he stands between his legs, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him close. “Thank you, Panda Bear.”

Laying his cheek on top of Kris’s head, he lets out a contented sigh. “I’m just glad you’re back.”

They just stay like that; Tao sitting on the counter with his cheek resting on Kris’s head as the latter stands there enjoying the warmth coming from both Tao and the oven. Both of them even dozing off for a few minutes.

Pushing away from the counter, Kris looks up at Tao. “Panda.”

“Hm?”

“I lo –“

“Cake!” Tao yells as the timer dings, jumping off of the counter and running to the oven, jumping at it like a little kid. “Duizhang! Hurry and take it out!”

Sighing, shoulders slightly slumped, he takes the cake out, placing it on top of the stove to cool off. “Just a few more minutes and you can eat.”

Not wanting to wait, and not caring that it’s piping hot, Tao pulls a little piece from the top and pops it into his mouth, doing a dance as he chews it as if that’ll cool it down. After finally swallowing the piece, he smiles and turns to Kris. “Delicious,” he beams as he kisses Kris’s cheek. “And I love you too.”

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N: It's almost 5am! I don't even know where the time goes when I'm writing. And then it looks so small! It seems like so much more when I'm writing it, and then I read it over and it's like...is this really all I did? Lol. Aish.

Mah Tumblah is right hurr if you would like to follow me. ^_^

@sapphire-blue - Hmm, I don't know if I'd say this built up to anything amazing, but I'm sure everybody will love the Taoris pair being back together. Lol. And I already know pretty much everybody is happy that something is going on with XiuChen now. xD  And why in the world would you read the last few chapters that many times!? I don't remember anything really spectacular happening or anything. :3
@fluffcloud - I just love fatherly Suho. <3 ...I just love Suho actually. *_*
@Gyu_428 - Thank you! And yay for Se Hun!
@T-exoticblackjack - It's funny because I didn't even realize I had put anything sarcastic in there for once. Lol. I guess it just comes habitually now. D;
@starkey - Xiu Min didn't have many lines here, but I put some XiuChen in there! So you can probably count on a chatty Xiu Min soon. ^_^
@xxjenjaexx - Yay for having a present when you woke up! ;D
@VitaminBuns - Well, as I was writing it, I had imagined Tao waiting until he had locked himself in a bedroom to start crying so that the other members wouldn't know. I didn't even think about it as getting the rest of the members out, but it worked itself out like that I guess! Haha. That, and Kris went to get them drinks, so his wanted his drink now! xD
@shimhaneul - -Waves-  Hi~, new reader! I'm glad you like it! :D
@Reekitty - Awww, thank you for saying that. Makes me a happy Joey.
@legna_angel & @ClarMir - Apparently they couldn't last for a month either. Lol.
@siahna - Of course Taoris will work out in the end! I love me some Taoris love. A KaiSoo fanfic eh? -Makes note to think on that one-
@clarene - Perfect Suho is always perfect. <3

Whew! All done with those.
As for the rest of you who said you cried; if you really did, then wow. That's both sad and awesome for me.
So I shall apologize for making you cry, and then thank you for crying. Hehe.

Now then! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
I should be able to start a lot earlier tomorrow, so I won't be here at 5 in the morning editing.
-Falls into bed-
So sleepy.